Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a new blockchain that will compete with Ethereum? - page 8. (Read 1863 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 26
There numerous projects that are far better than ethereum in term of scalability, the tech and smart contract but you know the game of whales, they wouldn't allow others to take over, they have hold for really long time, they wouldn't want anything that will jeopardise their bags.
If Ethereum is goo, will they choose to move from proof of work to proof of stake, that's because they lack the ability to scale up that's why they are implementing chain split.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 250
for now I'm only looking at the binance smart chain which is closest to ethereum. even though this network is new, its performance can already be compared to ethereum. but even so, I doubt BSC can be said to be an ethereum competitor. ethereum is too far behind its potential competitors and makes it difficult to approach. this is what makes me think ethereum has no real competitors

Only the fees that made BSC close to ETH but not as a big threat in terms of support from most developers,

ETH established their system and mostly trusted by old and new developers, with that lots of projects being

created using this chain. But we can't conclude that there's no competitions as there are many projects that

trying to provide and that's good as a healthy competitions that gives end users more options.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 509
Well yes, the other network will complete the Ethereum network, and that will give us advantages with various speed of transaction and cheaper gas price experience.

For now, the BSC still best for me, and Tron network be my second choice for me to do transaction since most marketplace have their network in it.
That's clear because so far BSC and TRC20 can still provide very low fees for every transaction we make and can also really help all the work we do, because the prices of the main coins BSC and TRC20 are still not as expensive as ETH.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
There is a few blockchain like Binance Smart Chain, Cardano, and Solana have a chance to compete Ethereum. But it will takes time, since Ethereum popularity is beyond those 3 blockchain. There's also AAVE and Monero, even though it an old blockchain.

Not many prefer Binance Smart Chain, because they believe that it is centralized (although I don't completely agree with that assumption). Cardano is a very formidable competitor to Ethereum and miles ahead as far as technology is concerned. And recently ADA prices have gone up by a lot, as the acceptability levels are rising steeply. Now coming to Monero, I have a feeling that it is a failed project. It attracted too much notoriety to be successful. And now even the promoters seems to have given up.  

Aside from BSC and ADA, other networks like DOT and AVAX are trying to compete with ETH. However, even if their technology is more advanced than ETH, their bottleneck is how to attract developers and users to use their platform. We will see how far these networks will achieve in terms of getting new projects on board. So far, we have seen a lot of projects that are using BSC network, maybe owed to their cheaper fees and is backed by the top exchange binance.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
█ J A X N E T W O R K █
Of course there will be new platforms capable of competing with ETH in the future and right now, it will be the trio of ADA, BNB and SOL. In it, Sol is demonstrating the ability to expand the platform on their ecosystem with a lot of projects. Sol is an altcoin that has strong competition with ETH. it got x3 within 30 days.
Competition is the main factor driving the growth of this space.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
Well yes, the other network will complete the Ethereum network, and that will give us advantages with various speed of transaction and cheaper gas price experience.

For now, the BSC still best for me, and Tron network be my second choice for me to do transaction since most marketplace have their network in it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
There is a few blockchain like Binance Smart Chain, Cardano, and Solana have a chance to compete Ethereum. But it will takes time, since Ethereum popularity is beyond those 3 blockchain. There's also AAVE and Monero, even though it an old blockchain.

Not many prefer Binance Smart Chain, because they believe that it is centralized (although I don't completely agree with that assumption). Cardano is a very formidable competitor to Ethereum and miles ahead as far as technology is concerned. And recently ADA prices have gone up by a lot, as the acceptability levels are rising steeply. Now coming to Monero, I have a feeling that it is a failed project. It attracted too much notoriety to be successful. And now even the promoters seems to have given up. 
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
We all know about huge transaction fees, not the most convenient scaling and the difficulties of entering the ecosystem. Are there projects that will provide people with the best conditions for the implementation of their ideas in the cryptoworld?

Activity: 1162
Merit: 7
Binance Smart Chain, Cardano and Solana have the capability to compete with Ethereum . However, they all have unique capabilities. Ethereum being the first, have all the benefits of being popular with strong growth potentials.  But with recent experience in gas fees, BSC contracts are on the increase thereby competing with Ethereum.

Cardano is another very interesting platform that started its blockchain from scratch. Cardano network costs are usually cheaper than those on the Ethereum blockchain. Cardano has the potential to eventually overtake Ethereum. Presently, Cardano is testing its smart contract capabilities right now and hopes to launch them fully soon.

Cardano  is environmentally friendly cryptocurrency that  uses a fraction of the energy of Ethereum and Bitcoin and will be able to process about 1 million transactions per second. While Etheruem, once it launches, Ethereum 2.0 will be able to process an estimated 100,000 transactions per second and will use 99.95% less energy than it currently does.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
There might always be an ambitious team trying to compete with Ethereum  and the fact that crypto technology is usually open source takes away the edge other tech companies have. A company like Microsoft was so hard to copy because the code was closed source. With a car company it becomes easier because you could buy the car and dissemble it. When you take Tesla as an example it already becomes harder as these cars are run a lot based on different softwares that work inter connectedly. In Ethereum you look at the code and you can think about it and play around with it. What you can't copy from Ethereum is the ecosystem around it though. You need to start from scratch when it comes to convincing people that you have the better product and even that is no guarantee because you may not reach critical mass, and without that your network is dysfunctional.
Activity: 110
Merit: 0

Now Ethereum has a lot of competitors. Thanks to the gaming NFTs, players paid attention to cryptocurrencies. Now there are many gaming communities such as https://twitter.com/LiquidationsOf?s=09 and their number is only growing.

Gaming NFTs are very popular now because they provide excellent opportunities for making money, and also attract the attention of players and their communities to cryptocurrencies.

The opportunity to earn money from games attracts many players to NFT. Usually, players follow modern technologies and use NFT to collect and earn money on games.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
There are quite a number of projects that were created to go head to head with ethereum, but they are all not up to the task. the only project that have come really close to challenging Ethereum is Binance smart chain. BSC offered users the benefit of sending transactions with very small transaction fees.
They cal always compete with ETH and only the good project will go on top and that’s ETH for almost years now and even BSC can’t destroy ETH though we also see the growth of BSC network I think they are still behind ETH and they still need more time to at least have a chance to replace ETH.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1

Now Ethereum has a lot of competitors. Thanks to the gaming NFTs, players paid attention to cryptocurrencies. Now there are many gaming communities such as https://twitter.com/LiquidationsOf?s=09 and their number is only growing.

Community support is an important part of the development of any project. The larger the community, the higher the liquidity of the project and the higher the price of its tokens.

The project should be useful to people. Only in this case, it will have a developed community and a large number of users.

Gaming NFTs are very popular now because they provide excellent opportunities for making money, and also attract the attention of players and their communities to cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Gaming NFTs are very popular now, most of them are located on the Ethereum blockchain. Because of this, the commissions on the Ethereum blockchain are very high
I do believe that other blockchains will start to grow their NFT world a lot faster in the future, whenever ETH has huge gas fee then some other blockchain provides people with whatever ETH is providing but for cheaper so that they can get those people. Last time it was BSC that did the whole DeFi world thing, ETH was booming with bunch of DeFi everywhere and it looked fine but the gas fee increased a lot, right in that moment Binance realized they could get those people and make a lot of money, they even paid pancakeswap 1 million dollars to keep improving their system and now we have BSC dominating the DeFi world very easily.

Now ETH is doing that same thing with NFT gaming world and most of them are there but it takes soooo much money to enter, and when the entry is that high, people still do it if they believe they could make money but if some other blockchain makes it cheaper than I guarantee you that people will leave for that chain.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
On paper, there are several blockchains that are more advanced when compared to the Ethereum blockchain. ETH is a second generation cryptocurrency and third generation cryptos such as Cardano have been in existence for many years now. And several fourth generation projects are in active development. And unlike the case with Bitcoin, I don't see any real reason to stick with Ethereum. The ERC-20 chain doesn't offer the same level of protection as the Bitcoin blockchain, and we hear about hacks and robberies every now and then. It is still being used, because the other competing chains are yet to demonstrate fully that they are secure and safe.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
We all know about huge transaction fees, not the most convenient scaling and the difficulties of entering the ecosystem. Are there projects that will provide people with the best conditions for the implementation of their ideas in the cryptoworld?

Of course, now there are blockchain systems that are competitors of Ethereum, but you need to understand that the Ethereum blockchain is a tough nut to crack and will not let it just be moved from the leaders. Since the fees on the Ethereum network became very high, I also started looking for a replacement and found it on the BinanceSmartChain network, as well as the Tron system. However, as far as I understand, the Polygon network is still gaining popularity, which may well be a competitor for Ethereum and other blockchain systems.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 355
ETH network are addressing the fees already, the fork should solve the problem though it is still high maybe on the next update we will see a big change.

There’s a lot of blockchain technology aside from ETH network, and we’ve seen their growth as well the only thing I know that can compete with ETH is the BSC network which already made a lot of good projects as well and the fees are way more cheap compare to ETH. Actually a lot of good network already in the market, its just that they are not being advertise well especially the tron network.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Yes we know that Ethereum gas fee is a big hindrance to many projects but I don't think scalability is really a big issue in Ethereum blockchain, because it seems Ethereum is the most scalable among the whole lots that want to compete with it, also most projects still see Ethereum as being a better scalable blockchain thus still leveraging its blockchain network.
Currently, there are already many other blockchain networks such as BSC, Fantom, Polygon, Heco, Okexchain, Solana and so on, but it seems only Solana, Polygon and BSC are the most active, BSC being around before Polygon hasn't being able to compete with Ethereum, that is to show that Ethereum is far better even with its high gas fees. Even Solana is still trying it's best to perfect its blockchain, but yet can't possibly beat Ethereum.
Lastly, with Ethereum upgrade which is coming soon, it is anticipated it will solve the issue of high gas fees, and then the real growth will set in.
copper member
Activity: 145

The opportunity to earn money from games attracts many players to NFT. Usually, players follow modern technologies and use NFT to collect and earn money on games.

The presence of a community is extremely important for the development of the project ecosystem. After all, the more people use the project tokens, the higher the price of their tokens.
Activity: 94

Community support is an important part of the development of any project. The larger the community, the higher the liquidity of the project and the higher the price of its tokens.

The project should be useful to people. Only in this case, it will have a developed community and a large number of users.
Pages:
Jump to: