Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a site like ebay that accepts bitcoins? - page 3. (Read 4386 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Right now I dont know for any auctions that accept btc but I am pretty sure that this year most of them will consider crypto as a source of payment.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I am wondering if there is an auction site like ebay, or anything similar that accepts bitcoins.

If you're shopping on shopify, most of them have begun to start accept crypto payments. You can check that out.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Wow, this thread is created way back 2014 and look on how bitcoin was accepted in different online stores now domestic or foreign.
I do not think paypal will accept bitcoin as there is too much risk of cashback claims. Paypal will not,at the moment,accept blockchain transaction as proof of sending payments.
Bitcoin is more than enough with PayPal and there is a rumor that they will accept in the future but that's just a rumor and no one knows if that will be for real.
Activity: 114
I do not think paypal will accept bitcoin as there is too much risk of cashback claims. Paypal will not,at the moment,accept blockchain transaction as proof of sending payments.

I recently set up a payment gateway on my ecommerce with paybear.io  and would highly recommend them to others looking to start transacting through cryptos. They even accept paypal and skrill transactions. Just waiting for my first order now… Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
all of the online btc stores are, pretty much, crap. You can go over to the service section and offer for someone else to order the item for you and you'd pay them in btc+ a little fee if needed. Basically the concept of the, now offline, brawker website. Pretty sure here are people that are willing to "buy" smaller amounts of btc that way.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I just don't think there is the demand for this type of site yet to become a success.

bitmit.net was a good site.. very similar to ebay, just one problem, very few products available for sale. not only that, very little traffic for sellers so they aren't encouraged to list more items.  

same thing with the likes of cryptothrift.com.  It's almost a catch-22, like i said too early for bitcoin only auction websites.  Give it a year or two, but by this time i would expect ebay to accept bitcoin (perhaps through paypal, who knows)

With only a small number of crypto users, it may be very well the case that the demand for a site like this would be small. I have not heard of such a site so it's possible that there may be an existing site such as one but it is not that popular. Even if they are existing, only few would use the site and probably buy using bitcoin. Once bitcoin becomes even more mainstream, more sites would probably be created.
Activity: 21
I think there are but as you can see there some sites that are shutdown , I think it is because there are no more to offer because cryptocurrency is new in the way to pay as it price randomly raising or not.
copper member
Activity: 30
Somewhere in the Ether
We are currently working on an ebay like solution for cryptocurrency that also aims to solve most of the issues around volatile profits for sellers.

ANN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annicoairdroprave-ravelous-the-crypto-ecommerce-marketplace-2676153
Activity: 2
What do you mean half options? I'm glad i found this post. I'm actually in the process of making an auction website similar to eBay but uses cryptocurrencies. I can not release web address at this time but it will be live soon and not only can you sell household items you can make money with a referral program. This will be launched around end of march maybe sooner.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
The future will be a decentralized consensus auction platform like Open Bazaar.

https://openbazaar.org

Main problem is- low amount of items that are being offered for sell.
Sadly, if you really need to buy something  for a normal price and at a good quality, you won't really find it at OpenBazaar or on any other Cryptocurrency market, and if you will, you are going to have only 1/2 options to select from.
I would recommend you to convert the bitcoins into fiat and buy with fiat the item that you wanted to buy , as there is still no solution for online marketing with cryptocurrencies.
OpenBazaar system is still not 100% ready in my opinion, has a lot of improvements to make, too sad that the main developers are already out of the project.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Certainly there is but the reason most merchants dont orefer accepting cryptocurrency is because of the volatility nature it has..
Activity: 17
Yes, You should have a look at this one: http://spendacoin.com
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Anyone remember/ use bitmit.net? I sold most of my valuable possessions for bitcoin on that site at $12 a btc. Totally great

Bitmit shut down after it is hacked by the hosting company employee.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
We have bspend.com a nicely bitcoin market, in fact i think it is the biggest one, i think you missed it guys.
Activity: 322
I hope in the future such a thing gets a similar userbase as seen in ebay. Clearly ebay is the best when it comes to finding about anything, but these fucking taxes are ridiculous and if you sell stuff very sporadically you are prone to lose money with them.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
The future will be a decentralized consensus auction platform like Open Bazaar.

https://openbazaar.org
Activity: 56
Anyone remember/ use bitmit.net? I sold most of my valuable possessions for bitcoin on that site at $12 a btc. Totally great
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I have used cryptothrift and I can recommend it. The built in escrow is useful. I wonder how long it is before we can spend our coins directly on ebay though. That would be huge news.

Cryptothrift, Coingig
Shame that bitmit shut down, kind of actually liked it

Coingig was also shutdown at the beginning of this year I think.

Yes it did, without much explanation either.  With that said I used it a bunch of times and liked using it.

Cryptothrift is a good alternative, but desperately needs some site layout improvement.
Activity: 274
I have used cryptothrift and I can recommend it. The built in escrow is useful. I wonder how long it is before we can spend our coins directly on ebay though. That would be huge news.

Cryptothrift, Coingig
Shame that bitmit shut down, kind of actually liked it

Coingig was also shutdown at the beginning of this year I think.
Pages:
Jump to: