Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a site like ebay that accepts bitcoins? - page 4. (Read 4386 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Cryptothrift, Coingig
Shame that bitmit shut down, kind of actually liked it
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
What ever happened to bitmit? It just randomly decided to shut down. Think there might have been one over as well that did the same thing.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
We can help promote them and bitcoin by keep spreading the word. The Starbuckjs vouchers on there are very cheap. Might have to buy one and test it out.
Activity: 644
I just don't think there is the demand for this type of site yet to become a success.

bitmit.net was a good site.. very similar to ebay, just one problem, very few products available for sale. not only that, very little traffic for sellers so they aren't encouraged to list more items. 

same thing with the likes of cryptothrift.com.  It's almost a catch-22, like i said too early for bitcoin only auction websites.  Give it a year or two, but by this time i would expect ebay to accept bitcoin (perhaps through paypal, who knows)
maybe because not enough promotion?
i never saw bitmit site before, because it was closed in 2013
but I think there is always a demand for an auction of goods, not huge demand but they can try promote it everywhere
Activity: 366
I just don't think there is the demand for this type of site yet to become a success.

bitmit.net was a good site.. very similar to ebay, just one problem, very few products available for sale. not only that, very little traffic for sellers so they aren't encouraged to list more items.  

same thing with the likes of cryptothrift.com.  It's almost a catch-22, like i said too early for bitcoin only auction websites.  Give it a year or two, but by this time i would expect ebay to accept bitcoin (perhaps through paypal, who knows)

But give these things time. They'll grow organically. There's a nice little ammount of stuff on Crytothroft and the listings grow daily. I'd rather use that and sell my stuff directly for coin rather than sell it on ebay and get scammed on fees.
Activity: 585

same thing with the likes of cryptothrift.com.  It's almost a catch-22, like i said too early for bitcoin only auction websites.  Give it a year or two, but by this time i would expect ebay to accept bitcoin (perhaps through paypal, who knows)
Activity: 500
Activity: 179
Activity: 525
I've used Cyptothrift a few times. I like it and expect big things from it in the future. Hopefully it can compete with ebay one day.
Activity: 448
Yes there is. Cryptothrift.com. It's pretty good. Accepts LTC as well.

https://cryptothrift.com/
Activity: 177
I am wondering if there is an auction site like ebay, or anything similar that accepts bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: