Pages:
Author

Topic: Is trading Bitcoin and other alts still profitable? - page 19. (Read 4754 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
I was a trader awhile back, I want to say about a year ago now and wanted to know what the current state of the market is for the traders that are currently trading to this day? I know a lot of the current exchanges that I used for trading, such as Poloniex, are still around but aren't really being used much as before.

I wasn't able to profit much but would like to hear how people are doing these days. Thanks a ton!
Now of course it is difficult to analyze the market due to the growth of bitcoin and some altcoins. Therefore, everyone tries to play who keeps their assets longer, so there is almost no bidding. Only unless the sale and transfer into cash.
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
Bitcoin and alt coin trading is profitable all time. Rather than trading, you may just buy and keep your cryptocurrencies for a duration like 6 months or 1 year minimum to harvest your profit. This is up to you to decide when to invest, what crypto to invest and when to withdraw.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Just made 60% on NEXT in a day, i think it's profitable enough.

This will always be more profitable than staying on BTC
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
If you are aiming big then that's what you need to do. All of them who wants to be rich flocks on trading.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
I was a trader awhile back, I want to say about a year ago now and wanted to know what the current state of the market is for the traders that are currently trading to this day? I know a lot of the current exchanges that I used for trading, such as Poloniex, are still around but aren't really being used much as before.

I wasn't able to profit much but would like to hear how people are doing these days. Thanks a ton!
I trade as usual, but once poloniex is the best exchanges, but now the best bittrex in my opinion though must confirm some identity so as not limit, and many people prefer holding bitcoin now because the bitcoin price is so high.
Activity: 238
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

If you talk, trading is not profitable, then I see that is a mistake. You can observe that the price of BTC is increasing day by day, if you buy BTC today, you can have profit tomorrow for yourself. And if risky you can consider investing in altcoin, surely the profit will be much higher than the BTC. So trading would be profitable and requires a lot of knowledge as well as the experience of cryptocurrency.  Grin
Activity: 182
yes it is still profitable but it all depends on the capital you use if the capital you use is small then the profit you get is also small but if capital you use big then you will get big enough profit. for example you buy one bitcoin at $ 17869 and then one bitcoin price rises about 4% then you sell it according to market price then you can sell it for $ 18258 so from the difference of the figure you profit about $ 389.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261

Of course they are still profitable but a lot of newbies have entered the market that's why more often than not they are getting rekt because they just immediately started aiming to gain lots of money and having the fear of missing out when the coin is already hyped which would result on them being dumped upon. This maybe the situation before when you are trading and it is still the situation now because people just don't change.

Nowadays, Bittrex is more famous than Poloniex but there are already other exchanges that are building up some volume like Binance. Bittrex has been lenient in the users before but now, they are more strict and you need to be verified to have a withdrawal from your account. You can still use Poloniex though without sending verification documents as long as your withdrawal is below $2,000 daily.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
I forgot the most important thing: trading is profitable only if you have a reserve of money, so you can stay in the game even when you lose.

Nobody always wins, if when you lose you run out of money, you don't have any chance to recuperate, because you are out of the game.

So, take care on what you do.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
Yes bitcoin and altcoins can be profitable if you hold it for a months or year it can make your money more profitable,due to many investors and users the price will increase more and more.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
Well, you have to understand that trading is a zero sum game: if you win, it means that someone looses!

When you decide a trade, you are betting on a future value ( future can be one minute or one year, it's the same), and someone - WITH THE SAME INFORMATIONS!!!! - makes a bet against you, ah he thinks you are wrong!

So, trading can be very profitable, but... only for master players!
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I think yes bitcoin and altcoins can be profitable for trading because there are many investor in the altcoins and bitcoin in the bitcoin it will make double you money in just 1 year or a month and in the altcoins it will follow bitcoin and still up and up to the moon
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

I´d say it´s more profitable than ever before this year was absolute madness, I don´t think it´s going to stop anytime soon.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰

Trading bitcoin and other altcoins yes!is still profitable is what i have done now to sustain my daily needs in life being my secondary source of income ,because in trading investment  you can get all what you want  to have,unlike in working in the company you can earn fixed and not enough for your daily expenses,that why i undergo in trading investment for the future retirement and have my own asset when the times when your body can't refused to work.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
Trading is not a easy process for earning money. In this time trading still profitable but you need proper knowledge about the basic rules of it. I think trading on altcoin is more profitable than bitcoin.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
I think if you do altcoin trading it is very risky because the higher bitcoin price, it is true of course people will still do the trading, but you should do in long-term coins like eth, bcc, ltc, etc.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
In a thread i created, i used an example of an altcoin.

I said i would like to buy lisk at 5 dollars and buy 1000 lisk so 5000 dollars.  let say lisk is 0.0007 btc at that moment.  I buy it on bittrex.  Then when i notice lisk hits 6 dollars, i plan to sell it.  Thus make 20 percent profit on the 5k so 1000 profit less trading fees.  However let say btc went up around then.  So when i get my btc... i only get 0.0065 btc per lisk.

Someone tells me that here... i actually lost money.  Is this true or not?  I understand how i get less btc than i invested as invested 0.0007 btc X 1000 shares etc.... and get only 0.00065 btc x 1000 shares etc... assuming btc price went up.  So here... even though i lose btc... i still make profit right because the btc price is higher?  Someone said you are not suppose to look at the usd rate... you look at the price of the altcoin in terms of btc.  If that is true, and btc goes up, then how are you suppose make money on altcoin if it goes up not a lot then?  I thought if you buy an altcoin at 1 dollar and it doubles to 2 doubles, you double your money right?  But if bitcoin actually triples up from that moment you bought the altcoin... to the moment you sold your altcoin for btc... you are down money?  Can someone explain this? 
Do not get confused the most important question you need to ask yourself is, what currency you are using to buy your coins? If you bought using dollars then you care about the dollars when you sell, but if you buy with bitcoin, as is the most common scenario, then you need to look at bitcoin, so if you buy for 0.0007 BTC and sell for 0.00065 BTC you lost bitcoin even if you earned some fiat.
Above user has mentioned just the buying and selling difference leading to loss Here the major factor is while analyzing the market to pick the right coin for the trading purpose. Very few will be analyzing in a much precise manner and use it for trading, while the rest used to make a random pick and lucky people gets profited, others end in loss.
yeah there is no perfect science in choosing the right coin for trading but you can read their platform in which you have hint to decide either to buy or not.although we can say that trading and investing altcoins is a risk move but you can calculate risk by doing some research before investment.people doing this specially those who are good in analyzing data has an edge in treading and investing altcoins most likely they will prosper.

There is always the right coin to pick. Why do you think people are more interested to those tokens on top with huge marketcap?
So long as you have the money to trade, you can always pick the best ones because at least in the long run they all are going to be profitable when you just keep them.
There are successful projects that skyrocket every year and it is obvious that many of us are looking for such a project but we know that it is simple not possible to get your predictions right all the time which is why you many people dedicating a significant amount of time to study icos and still come empty handed when it comes to find the right coin to invest.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
By its very nature trading has to profitable for someone, generally in order for someone to lose, someone must profit. If you sell a coin and the price goes up, someone has bought that coin and the price gone up. If you buy a coin and the price falls, someone has sold that coin and saved themselves money. Therefore the answer is it depends on if you are one of the better traders or not.

---
Compared to other alternative coins, bitcoin is more profitable due to its capabilities in increasing value. Trading bitcoins has a potential to stay in the market.  This trading process will double your money if you only have enough knowledge about how it works. Some lose , some win and that's part of a game. So relax and be more familiar to the pattern of digital currency.

This nowadays i think it is not a necessary for us to hesitate to create an investment in bitcoin technology because many years had past that bitcoin still exist well this is where you can guarantee that it is really effective to make your profits double or even more. And some investors want some quick profit that they dont care what bitcoin about because all they want just their money make it grow fast,  just like what happen now. Bitcoin is really doing a tremendous thing that almost reach the speculated price worth $20,000. I hope it could be much even more value to be added so that my weekly income will increase as well.
Activity: 359
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
If you are a trader before then you could easily catch up about the market today. I know there a lot of coins that have been added. It would just take you for awhile to study the new potential coins in the market. You can do that. Bittrex and hitbtc is where I am using. I am not using poloneix.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10

Trading at this moment is good profit to us but always wisely because trading is too risky.if you want a good profit,hold you're coin until the value is enough for you're needs.its better to hold in a long term than spend it in trading for nothing.but then again it is depend on your decision how you use it.all of coins are profitable if we know how to use it in a right way.
Pages:
Jump to: