Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 20. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 10
July 29, 2019, 03:58:33 PM
I don't know if keeping usdt is safe. But I see all exchange support usdt and everyone uses it a lot, and it can directly convert to legal money. Therefore I also keep usdt. Hope that it maintains its criteria
I have it, even I often use it to store my daily trading assets. it's safer than storing in other crypto forms that move very dynamically.

Most trader prefer to keep their assets in tether because there's no fear of dump or whatsoever. I think tether is very safe. Printing of tether and the that affecting the price of bitcoin is what I do not understand. Nevertheless, we all need the market to grow and tether being a part of the market is one growth if the presence will bring improvements.
Activity: 686
Merit: 103
www.fintropy.io
July 29, 2019, 03:31:28 PM
Usually printing more money are bad signs, i don't believe there will be good news regarding USDT.
It is just a drama, that repeatedly makes alive over time, in order to force the price of bitcoin falling down as deeply as possible, and if can have significant impacts on general crypto market (massively massacre), it is fine, too. So, whenever such kind of drama occurs, you should know that price will highly falls down, but the interesting point is some weeks or months later, they all will recover so well to where they start to decrease. That's all you need to know, USDT, USDC, USD X, or whatsoever USD z, it does not make sense if you know those basic rules of whales' price manipulation efforts.

50 billion USTD that were printed and then burnt is proof that nothing can be safe and secure. Stable coins also can bring their investors a loss. Suppose that after this mistake, and together with the hype around Libra Facebook coin, everything can happen to Tether.
nevertheless, stable coins are needed as the alternative of traditional money, but online.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
July 29, 2019, 01:16:32 PM
If you asked me this same question 1 year earlier I would say it is safe. 1-2 year back there is not much stable coin like today. We all used tether most of the time as a stable coin. There was one and two more popular stable coin. But suddenly in the market we got some news regarding tether that was not good they are not purely backed up and printing whenever they want. So people are afraid and started to using other stable coins. Many established project started to offer stable coins. But as a stable coin I still use tether and it's works fine for me. Now it's upto you cause in this market now many choices available.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
July 28, 2019, 11:51:48 AM
I don't know if keeping usdt is safe. But I see all exchange support usdt and everyone uses it a lot, and it can directly convert to legal money. Therefore I also keep usdt. Hope that it maintains its criteria
I have it, even I often use it to store my daily trading assets. it's safer than storing in other crypto forms that move very dynamically.
Activity: 363
July 28, 2019, 11:47:37 AM
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
July 28, 2019, 11:18:18 AM
as far i can see tether coin never goes down as the lowest i see is like .99 usd or .9usd as lowest
this is being use by bitcoin holders to be safe from bitcoin while it crash their money will never suffer or not experience a lot of lossess why?
because once bitcoin goes down tether goes up they even get free money from it
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 28, 2019, 10:53:49 AM
For me, USDT is very safe until now. This is the only stable stablecoin in the market with the highest market capitalization. It doesn't matter if you hold USDT for a long time, it can't collapse
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
July 28, 2019, 10:11:32 AM
last year this coin was used by many people because at that time the price of BTC and altcoin was dropping very dramatically, people saved their assets in the form of USDT because this coin has a stable value.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
July 28, 2019, 08:05:57 AM
USDT for me is very safe to save funds when there is a bad market or when it is good because their prices are not too volatile but are quite stable
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
July 28, 2019, 08:01:57 AM
First of all,,, no need to worry if Tether surpasses Bitcoin. This is always going to be inflationary currency, so we always knew even $1 would go down sooner or later. Check it out now and 98 or 99 cents is already happening, sometimes as bad as 97 cents. 10 more years and 95 cents or less is not impossible.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
July 28, 2019, 06:51:57 AM
Tether now surpasses Bitcoin in market volume trade.
It means that if we don't take money traded in USDT in to account for total daily trading volume of bitcoin, bitcoin domination is much lower than what the domination of bitcoin presented on Coinmarketcap.com. It is just my guess, and not sure my thought is right. How do you think about this?

It shows that there is still a lot of reliance and speculation against the US$ without converting it to actual $.
Another thing it proves is that people are unperturbed by the lack of $ backing of the USDT

The fluctuations of bitcoin valued in US$ still make it difficult for commerce.

It also means people are using USDT to hedge against other crypto like Ripple, LTC and ETH without converting it to bitcoin first.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
July 28, 2019, 06:43:56 AM
For me it is so very risky. It is not advisable to hold USDT specially in a long term investment. Actually all of crypto is risky specially USDT this is only back up and unlike bitcoin USDT nothing proves it's power yet. So for me even bitcoin will suffer in dump situation I will still trust and invest in BTC rather than USDT. But remember that nothing is safe in this industry.
Activity: 102
Merit: 12
July 28, 2019, 06:38:12 AM
So many big names claims that Tether is safe. But if you have an option to choose stable coin, try to avoid Tether. At least the tether is highly suspicious of not having enough money to back all tokens.
What did you imply by writing "highly suspicious of not having enough money to back all tokens."? If you have time, please explain it a little bit and in more details. If this is the truth, it will be unsafe, not only for USDT, but also for bitcoin because USDT partially used to support BTC price.
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
July 28, 2019, 06:10:32 AM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
I think USDT is the second important currency in this market. One of the best way to entry is buying USDT, 2,7B is nothing compare to the whole capacity, and because recently, every coins dumping too hard, pumping more money in is might be the best way to save them and push altcoin season to come
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
July 28, 2019, 04:31:59 AM
For me it is but I won't keep it for long term. I admit it that I'm still doubted to USDT since I don't know how it's backed by USD (how it works); all I can see is that it's being used by top crypto exchangers which is helpful for traders like me to deal with in case I feel like BTC could probably dump suddenly. I still trust BTC more than any other else.
Activity: 120
Merit: 3
July 28, 2019, 04:20:28 AM
Actually USDT is too big to fale. So, i think that is relativitely save but there too much fud around it
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
July 28, 2019, 03:31:56 AM
I use USDT but not very often. If I want to withdraw a certain amount from the crypt, I immediately sell it for USD.

This coin is not needed for withdrawing funds from cryptocurrencies. I would say it is more suitable for traders. It gives you the opportunity to wait out a small fall. And then reinvest the money with USDT because it is stable. Let's say during the crisis of 2018, this coin was very popular.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
July 28, 2019, 03:28:25 AM
I use USDT but not very often. If I want to withdraw a certain amount from the crypt, I immediately sell it for USD.
Activity: 121
July 28, 2019, 03:07:21 AM
Tether now surpasses Bitcoin in market volume trade.
It means that if we don't take money traded in USDT in to account for total daily trading volume of bitcoin, bitcoin domination is much lower than what the domination of bitcoin presented on Coinmarketcap.com. It is just my guess, and not sure my thought is right. How do you think about this?
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
July 27, 2019, 07:11:10 AM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
I think Tether is not safe right now. They play a bad game, so you need to be very careful. Their suspicious behavior was noticed l for a long time, but so far they manage to keep afloat. I hope that in the near future we will not overtake the collapse of Tether, because this is fraught with very sad consequences for the entire crypto market.
Pages:
Jump to: