Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 21. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 100
https://leasehold.io/
July 27, 2019, 04:43:59 AM
I think it's safe. I am a trader, and when I feel the market is volatile, I use measures to put my money on usdt, it makes me feel safe. My assets are not changed if the market is bad. Besides USDT is linked to USD so strong value change will not happen
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
July 27, 2019, 03:52:40 AM
i dont think so. nd i dont understand the usage of usdt. why would i buy usdt instead of exchanging my coins to usd and put o my bank account.
isn't usd safer than usdt?
Basically, one USDT is back by one USD. Crypto enthusiasts would like to use USDT because they can fastly move USDT around exchanges, and use them to buy bitcoin or altcoins. There are very limited nations and exchanges that allow you to cash out bitcoin directly to USD or other fiats. There is nothing completely safe, Tether USD is not an exception.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
July 27, 2019, 03:37:11 AM
i dont think so. nd i dont understand the usage of usdt. why would i buy usdt instead of exchanging my coins to usd and put o my bank account.
isn't usd safer than usdt?
July 26, 2019, 11:13:55 PM
Usually printing more money are bad signs, i don't believe there will be good news regarding USDT.
It is just a drama, that repeatedly makes alive over time, in order to force the price of bitcoin falling down as deeply as possible, and if can have significant impacts on general crypto market (massively massacre), it is fine, too. So, whenever such kind of drama occurs, you should know that price will highly falls down, but the interesting point is some weeks or months later, they all will recover so well to where they start to decrease. That's all you need to know, USDT, USDC, USD X, or whatsoever USD z, it does not make sense if you know those basic rules of whales' price manipulation efforts.
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
July 14, 2019, 02:18:44 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
Usually printing more money are bad signs, i don't believe there will be good news regarding USDT.
July 14, 2019, 02:15:21 PM
I think it is safe, despite there was drama in 2018 that USDT over-printed in order to support bitcoin bull run in late of 2017. Nevertheless, by now, everything has been on right track, and I still thought that Tether USD is good. There are more alternative for Tether USD, and investors can choose one of them for their interests, USDT, USDC. Additionally, even with USDT, people can choose different network to do their transactions.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
July 14, 2019, 12:42:38 PM
What do you mean by safe? 1 Tether is always 1 Tether. Theoretically, 1 Theter should be equal to 1 US dollar. This is to eliminate the high volatility involved in the cryptosphere. There is doubt about the reserved fund for USDT, but I think it's safe enough to hold this currency if you don't want to increase or decrease portfolio.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 14, 2019, 11:35:26 AM
in my view, USDT and BTC have ties that are tied to each other, the pattern is that USDT will become access to BTC trade, meaning that BTC will only be sold or bought in the form of USDT, and no longer use real money like USD. this causes the BTC Price to be greatly influenced by the addition of USDT.
Activity: 514
July 14, 2019, 10:33:30 AM
For now, the stable coin that I still believe is USDT. Indeed, today there are a lot of stable coins, but what many believe is of course USDT compared to others. So you don't need to be afraid right now.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
July 09, 2019, 09:57:58 PM
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=/_PLUS_iqIuzGOBBoAaaiknE4Ag==

New court documents show:

Over the past year, cryptocurrency platforms Bitfinex and Tether have allegedly issued tethers as loans to investors, run an unregistered securities offering and conducted business in New York despite being banned from operating in the state.

https://decrypt.co/7795/investigators-tether-loaned-usdt-to-investors-illegally-traded-in-new-york-ran-an-unregistered-securities-offering

Tether now surpasses Bitcoin in market volume trade.

https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1148252407983497216

100 million new tether minted

There is a crypto moon coming or a tether apocalypse !

Tethers have been issued unbacked as “loans” to certain investors, despite prior claims that the so-called stablecoin is backed “one to one” by dollars in an offshore bank account (Though executives now say it is “74 percent” backed).
https://decrypt.co/7795/investigators-tether-loaned-usdt-to-investors-illegally-traded-in-new-york-ran-an-unregistered-securities-offering

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
June 08, 2019, 01:51:15 PM
I think USDT is very good as Crypto stable coin, because the market capacity of USDT is very large and currently USDT is in the top rank of CMC, so it is very good for me.
This is a simple and very convenient tool for fixing the fiat value of cryptocurrency assets! I advise you to use USDT everyone!
Activity: 546
June 07, 2019, 07:44:26 PM
I think USDT is very good as Crypto stable coin, because the market capacity of USDT is very large and currently USDT is in the top rank of CMC, so it is very good for me.
Activity: 552
June 07, 2019, 07:23:50 PM
We really need a control mechanism that would help is curtailing unnecessary increase in the amount or total supply of a coin. USDT might have remained the only stable coin, if not for its instability in total supply. This on its own affects it might have remained as the only stable coin. Well it is now good that there are now so many of them in the crypto space.
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
June 07, 2019, 07:23:23 PM
The USDT drama is not new, it has been here since 2017, but it has still been the biggest stable coins in crypto. During the bull run of Bitcoin in 2017, lots of news said about unlimited USDT can be launched to satisfy market demands. It means USDT is not a actual stable coin, and another drama later on. Generally it is not good if someday USDT collapse, which will create instant and long delayed effects on crypto. In addition, one of basics stuffs of Tether I don;t like is it dependence on Bitcoin network. When Bitcoin network got troubles, fees are high, USDT got same issues. I think we need substitute stable coins that operate on non-bitcoin network.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
June 07, 2019, 07:12:05 PM
USDT in my own opinion is not bad, I've been using it to convert my coins when I think there will be an incoming dip or when I want to close my trades to reduce volatility.
right, that at the moment is in a very good position. prices that can be said to be stable make us become the choice for many people. usdt, bitcoin and etherum are in the top position. so we will feel much safer and can even avoid negative situations caused by the volatility of the digital currency prices. I recommend USDT as one of the best investments in digital currencies that can provide security and stability to the assets we have.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
June 07, 2019, 07:00:07 PM
USDT in my own opinion is not bad, I've been using it to convert my coins when I think there will be an incoming dip or when I want to close my trades to reduce volatility.
Activity: 406
June 07, 2019, 05:45:31 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
I use usdt for a long time and never this coin did not fail , I think if you fix the profit only to the usdt because the liquidity is very good!
Activity: 700
June 07, 2019, 04:41:45 PM
I think USDT can be trusted, because if not them then where to get a stable coin through which you can record profits?

It is possible that in the current stable coin it is the highest security coin. Because if anything happens to it, it can greatly affect this market
talking about security, coin mooring is quite safe, but if for the long term it is still a mystery, so we cannot believe fully if the coin will always be stable because anything can happen in crypto.
so for now I think Tether is good enough to buy.
Activity: 474
Merit: 250
June 07, 2019, 02:56:24 PM
I think USDT can be trusted, because if not them then where to get a stable coin through which you can record profits?

It is possible that in the current stable coin it is the highest security coin. Because if anything happens to it, it can greatly affect this market
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 07, 2019, 01:48:03 PM
I made an alert to notify if Tether is becoming unstable, hopefully useful to someone here.

Free at chrome webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/usdt-tether-alert/bcplcldimgcjgjjcghmilomdkbmoogai

Explanation of the metrics is in the webstore description.

Pages:
Jump to: