Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 28. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
March 01, 2019, 05:06:25 PM
It never been stable but would be great if you do switch up your assets with USDT if theres a market crash.

Activity: 560
Merit: 16
March 01, 2019, 04:51:25 PM
This stablecoin has survived so many scandals and intrigues that if it really was unsafe, it would no longer exist. Nevertheless, this is just a cryptocurrency, so you can safely use it for daily transactions or trading, but keeping money in it for the distant future is clearly not a good idea , because anything can happen in this industry
Activity: 411
Merit: 10
March 01, 2019, 04:19:04 PM
The question is whether the value of USDT is equal to USD? Where are the USDT price benchmarks? Does the dollar have an effect with USDT? I see the USDT price is very stable, even if the exchange rate with the conventional currency is normal USDT price.
Until recently, this project had rather difficult legal problems in the United States of America. But today everything seems to have stabilized and, due to the current state of the cryptocurrency market, many users of cryptocurrency are grateful to the USDT for the opportunity to avoid the risks of losing their money.
Now many users prefer to choose other stablecoins because тнeй are still believed that USDT is a scam, the same as me. When people used this stable(USDT) in the past they didn’t have as many diversification tools as they have now. so you can forget about usdt
So, if USDT is not USD then the price is not possible with 1 USDT = 1USD. And if the exchange of USDT gets smoother, the USDT price will automatically rise, but the USD will remain.
The question is, what is USDT? And USDT is currently used as a measure of other coins.
And I'm surprised by other coins that use USDT as a benchmark. Indirectly is promoting USDT as the greatest crypto with normal exchange rates.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
March 01, 2019, 11:45:13 AM
USDT is very well maintained because of its market price has gone through several long processes such as backing up following the USD $ currency. He is still stable even though the price of other coins has dropped or gone up. So brief is the explanation about this Tether. Roll Eyes
Activity: 721
Merit: 19
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
February 28, 2019, 11:02:51 AM
I once read a story about a bankrupt Zimbabwe country. They are basically also developed countries. But to cover the country's debt, they keep printing money at any time. Then more and more of their money so that they do not give value to the money.
Well, back to USDT. I think if the USDT will continue to print coins, then there is a high probability that the USDT price will decline. Because of the high supply of USDT.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
February 25, 2019, 03:47:32 PM
Tether is the most dangerous of all the stable coins.

First off, just apply common sense and logic.
If every tether equals one real life us dollar, how on earth did they just create $250 million dollars?
on top of that, right now there are over 2 BILLION USDT circulating, so that means they have 2 billion dollars to back that up.
Where did that money come from? How are they able to suddenly create hundreds of millions of dollars?
Why do they continue to print hundreds of millions of coins?
Even an idiot can see there is a lot of fishy stuff going on.

But not only that, they were "audited" to prove they were legitimate.
However, that company has no reputation is not considered industry standard at all.
If my uncle Bubba said I had 2 billion dollars would you believe him?
Wouldn't you rather have a licensed, internationally recognized professional auditing team do it?
On paper they most certainly have the funds to hire something of that calibre, so why didn't they?
Activity: 378
February 25, 2019, 03:31:37 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that this stable coin is likely to be centralised. The reason is that USDT does not have any limited supply and there could be so much coins created as the devs wish to have.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
February 25, 2019, 03:27:51 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

there is a truth that the creation of tether has pumped the price of bitcoin.  when massive amount of usdt has moved to an exchange, it is likely that there would be a big btc pump.  for the past several years, usdt do not have any problem when you want to withdraw or convert into fiat.  1 usdt can be encashed into 1 usd roughly.
You're right. I think there is a possibility that in the future in this way all the cryptocurrency markets will be pumped up. I do not keep this asset in my portfolio.
Activity: 938
Merit: 266
February 25, 2019, 02:51:47 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

there is a truth that the creation of tether has pumped the price of bitcoin.  when massive amount of usdt has moved to an exchange, it is likely that there would be a big btc pump.  for the past several years, usdt do not have any problem when you want to withdraw or convert into fiat.  1 usdt can be encashed into 1 usd roughly.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
February 25, 2019, 02:46:25 PM
according to me tether is safe and is a temporary shelter from market changes,but on a personal level i prefer true usd
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 0
February 25, 2019, 02:45:43 PM
I trust with tether project, cause like they said they're stable coin and so far they keep their promise till now.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
February 25, 2019, 02:43:47 PM

I think it is not very safe to state my personal opinions and ideas. Especially if we do not have a bank account open to transparency, we do not comply with the road map designed on whitepaper, and if we need to list various reasons such as printing and burn operations which are frequently done recently, we can understand how right this thought is. On the other hand, there is so much speculation about Tether that if this news is real, we have one more reason to trust. I've been a crypto I've used 1-2 times with curiosity. In particular, I think that the claims of unrequited production are correct, but in future times it will darken many people's lives.
Activity: 462
February 25, 2019, 02:29:59 PM
I think that this coin is not one of the best, but why not buy it, because it can also shoot. The main thing is to diversify your portfolio.
Well, usdt is not suitable for investment, it is a coin to wait out in the market, and of course usdt now shows openness and passes various audits that helps to trust the project !
in fact, recently, in 2018, an audit was conducted. And there was a certain accusation of fraud on this project, but nevertheless, the team was able to prove the value and authenticity of their coins, which are the equivalent of a dollar in cryptocurrency. Until now, cryptocurrency users also trust usdt, because a stable coin can harm the state of the cryptocurrency market when prices fall.
I think about the demand for this token and its popularity. Favorite capitalization and its corresponding price. Price fluctuations on the equivalent of the dollar are practically not large, and in some places even shows growth.
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
February 25, 2019, 01:46:36 PM
I think that this coin is not one of the best, but why not buy it, because it can also shoot. The main thing is to diversify your portfolio.
Well, usdt is not suitable for investment, it is a coin to wait out in the market, and of course usdt now shows openness and passes various audits that helps to trust the project !
in fact, recently, in 2018, an audit was conducted. And there was a certain accusation of fraud on this project, but nevertheless, the team was able to prove the value and authenticity of their coins, which are the equivalent of a dollar in cryptocurrency. Until now, cryptocurrency users also trust usdt, because a stable coin can harm the state of the cryptocurrency market when prices fall.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
February 25, 2019, 12:52:50 PM
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 25, 2019, 06:35:36 AM
I really don't believe in any "safecoin", if I need a pegged crypto I prefer to change my crypto to FIAT, I don't see any good reason to use stablecoins really.
Activity: 812
February 25, 2019, 05:23:46 AM

I think it is safe, most peoples all around the world using it as a stable cryptocurrency.
They have a legal statement from their auditors that the dev really backing the USDT coin with a real USD money in their bank.

People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

Where did you hear this ? It should be like this : Every time tether is printed, the dev must put additional USD in the bank account they using to backing USDT.
Activity: 588
February 25, 2019, 03:18:00 AM
If you pay attention to the fact that today there are real opportunities to check the history of this project and conduct an audit, then with a high probability this project seems to me not to pass it. Because he has not done it yet, it means there are reasons for it.
Activity: 1260
February 24, 2019, 11:17:48 PM

Well, as long as you using USDT and able to withdraw it and turn into real USD, it is safe.
If you don't believe it, just don't store any USDT for long time in your wallet.
You can use USDT just for trading, buying or selling cryptocurrencies between exchanges.
Activity: 238
Merit: 37
February 24, 2019, 01:14:52 PM
To me USDT is not bad,in fact is a good way to keep your asset save from falling in price unexpected, I guess many are investing in it.
Pages:
Jump to: