Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 31. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
January 29, 2019, 02:52:19 PM
you should already know in cryptocurrency and for the USDT tether it cannot guarantee security because all cryptocurrency has a risk and you must be careful with all existing cryptocurrency.
OP might be asking about the stable value of USDT,but its definitely not and there is no assurance that the value will be much stable at these and we can already see the price dropped because of bearish trend even with stable coins.So don't use any stable coins for long term purpose.
Activity: 230
Merit: 10
January 29, 2019, 02:40:04 PM
Since binance and okex are using it, I would use it too, I know it has been a bit shady recently but we need to use some stable coin anyway , There are many stable coins these days and I use TUSD too, I don't know which one is better actually!
Activity: 484
Merit: 100
January 29, 2019, 02:32:45 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
USDT is currently the most stable Altcoin because everyone recognizes its value as USD and it is the best intermediate Altcoin. Although the amount of exchange is huge every day the volatility is very low because of its high stability, it attracts many favorite investors.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token
January 29, 2019, 02:16:24 PM
I am not a big fan of centralized stable coins like USDT. It is backed by $ but the real problem is how to control it, and audit it all the time. Some doubt will always be present. I have more faith in decentralized solutions like DAI has.

I personally don't understand why people decided not to give Tether the credit which it is due, there is no Sable coin in the space now that is well capitalized as Tether. I am not saying they have all their tokens backed by USD but they have huge Fiat reserve to backed up their claims. DAI have a good designed but will not scale to a Billion Dollar project IMO because of so many limitations
If i remember right there are rumors about manipulating USDT by bitfinex management who behind this stable coin idea. TrueUsd should have backup and it will be more safe to prefer TrueUsd than USDT.

But then USDT was retested, and it is now guaranteed to have that amount. However, now that many stablecoins exist, I think its position is shaken when there are many competitors and they prove that their currencies are much safer than USDT.

All stable cryptocurrencies appeared after the USDT and it says a lot. USDT is a pioneer, as in its time bitcoin. Therefore, it will forever remain the main stable cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
January 29, 2019, 01:58:48 PM
you should already know in cryptocurrency and for the USDT tether it cannot guarantee security because all cryptocurrency has a risk and you must be careful with all existing cryptocurrency.
Activity: 546
January 29, 2019, 11:26:55 AM
What can I say about Tether USDT. If my memory does not change me, then I think that most of the projects today were really pumped up by the USDT, so they have already shown what they can do. But still there are big questions to the project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
January 24, 2019, 06:32:58 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
Well, in 2017 there was a lot of negativity in the usdt, but as far as I heard that this coin was audited and now you can safely look at this audit , I think you should not worry much
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
January 24, 2019, 04:39:39 PM
I am not a big fan of centralized stable coins like USDT. It is backed by $ but the real problem is how to control it, and audit it all the time. Some doubt will always be present. I have more faith in decentralized solutions like DAI has.

I personally don't understand why people decided not to give Tether the credit which it is due, there is no Sable coin in the space now that is well capitalized as Tether. I am not saying they have all their tokens backed by USD but they have huge Fiat reserve to backed up their claims. DAI have a good designed but will not scale to a Billion Dollar project IMO because of so many limitations
If i remember right there are rumors about manipulating USDT by bitfinex management who behind this stable coin idea. TrueUsd should have backup and it will be more safe to prefer TrueUsd than USDT.

But then USDT was retested, and it is now guaranteed to have that amount. However, now that many stablecoins exist, I think its position is shaken when there are many competitors and they prove that their currencies are much safer than USDT.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 24, 2019, 03:54:50 PM

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
January 24, 2019, 03:43:05 PM

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
January 24, 2019, 03:17:03 PM
I wouldn't call it safe. We don't know if its pegged to the Dollar like they are claiming. You can see on the charts that it's heavily manipulated because it should have similar value to the dollar but sometimes it can go a lot lower. You're buying a stablecoin that isn't stable.
They were asked to prove they aren't producing usdt without having USD to back it and they didn't.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
January 24, 2019, 03:12:00 PM
Tether is definitely safer than many other newly listed altcoins, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold it for long-term. Recently, it has been getting a lot of investors attention, so it can be profitable in the long run.
Activity: 292
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
January 24, 2019, 02:36:41 PM
Every coin is safe before the scam happens and the tether is not the exception. Some people even believe that USDT is the biggest scam.
Activity: 602
January 24, 2019, 02:14:19 PM
It seems to me that today the best thing you can think of is probably the USDT. I think that the USDT can really become an international project. Just like today there is the usual USD.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
January 24, 2019, 05:09:35 AM
I am more confident with USDT for now because of its crypto market price value that is more stable compared than other crypto in the market. The market price for USDT is just like the dollar fiat currency basing its market price. With the current market trend nowadays it would be good to go with USDT for now rather than bitcoin so Store your crypto with USDT.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
January 24, 2019, 04:46:23 AM
Whether it is safe to store your funds in USDT is a moot point. So far, no evidence has been provided to confirm that this stablecoin is backed by real dollars. Nevertheless, the coin is in demand and ranks 8th in capitalization on the CMC.
Activity: 532
January 24, 2019, 04:40:24 AM
I believe that in general, an USDT is quite a safe asset that can be used by us if we want to create some stability for ourselves, but given the fact that a great number of new stablecoins have recently been created, we can also use all the rest of them for the same purposes. Recently, the market offers a fairly wide variety of different stable coins for any needs.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
January 24, 2019, 04:29:28 AM
We have to be very careful when choosing a stable coin for our cashout strategy.. The thing is these stable coins backed by fiat money are not totally stable/safe.. so we have to look for a real value to back our assets. Precious metals and gold in general can be a better answer. Because this precious metal has a more stable price globally. If you wanna learn more about this model, take a look into the actual Gigzi project ecosystem. I think this latter is more secure and effective for crypto-assets management.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin
January 24, 2019, 03:33:31 AM
I have doubt also on this coin if this was purely safe, but in terms of avoiding massive loss due to bad market, tether was always been there saving my assets. But good advice is to convert it on bitcoin or ethereum , because those two, we have proven that they are safe.
Activity: 518
January 22, 2019, 02:17:11 AM
Until now, USDT has become a stable coin that has been much appreciated by traders to secure their funds and I think USDT has proven to be safe and very stable in price because even though I have seen a few months ago USDT has decreased but they are very fast to recover to the original price.
Pages:
Jump to: