Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 17. (Read 28216 times)

Activity: 435
Merit: 100
September 17, 2018, 10:30:06 PM
I think if people do not want hackers attacking their wallets, they should have a computer just for work. The Macbook will be one of the best choices because it has a fairly high security system and it is often used for more work than entertainment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
September 17, 2018, 10:15:17 PM
If your Crypto assets which is a money is important to you then of course you should give importance to the safety of your security wallet which is your private keys, accounts and passwords. If you will not give importance to the security of your assets then better give it to the charities so that your hard earned money will not in vain. There is no point of giving them to the thieves?
Activity: 351
Merit: 11
September 17, 2018, 04:55:53 PM
You can store your cryptocurrency coins on a cold wallet or on a paper wallet, so you will protect yourself 100%. These are the most reliable ways to store cryptocurrency today.
Wallet security is very important because all of your earnings is in your wallet so the security of these is very important. Many websites like MEW are offering a wallet security. Try to use MEW as a wallet and I assure you that it would be worth it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
September 17, 2018, 03:27:14 PM
I don't understand well - what do you mean by security wallet? Exactly there are certain number of types of crypto wallets and all of them have their pros and cons...I think that basic erc-20, for example, is completely safe, if you behave safely.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 02:58:22 PM
Of course it is important because there must be security, especially that bitcoin wallets like this must really keep our bitcoin from bad people.
Activity: 184
September 17, 2018, 01:55:03 PM
every security is always important for me , and making double security is a must for me , like using google auth and email confirmation , and other story like using freeze wallet to make sure mywallet are safe
You are right it is very important to have security because with safety and security it will remain the safe, for me instead of using freezing wallet we should use only blockchain wallet, it will keep our bitcoin safe and at the same time it will make our money double with bitcoin, for now there are allot of wallets but we need to choose the one which can give reliability and safety for long time so I choose the one and only blockchain.
Activity: 476
September 17, 2018, 04:41:26 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

well, as long as you have your private keys and have back up with it, for sure it is purely safe unless you give your private to any of your close friends but if not, its very safe and the hacker won't able to hack you wallet. Then, one of the safest wallet offline which is cold wallet was Electrum and Multibit these two are good.
Activity: 161
September 17, 2018, 04:02:13 AM
Yes ofcourse since we all know that being hack is one of the category of having losses in cryptocurrency. As long as we can minimize risk then I think it is necessary.
Activity: 378
September 17, 2018, 03:36:58 AM
In my opinion, safety of our wallets is the most important talk when it comes to the cryptoworld as everyone of us here who has cryptocurrencies are really looking for safety measures on how to keep our coins safe, there are cold wallets where we could safely hide our private keys or any information about our holdings, but the thing is, our coins are still out there and every one could just see what ever amount of coin we are holding, it would be better if we are the only one who can see our coins.
Activity: 52
September 17, 2018, 03:16:28 AM
I agree all of us need to be extra careful regarding in handling our wallet.We should make a back-up in order to secure our account and make sure all your private keys are backed-up.Nowadays theres a lots of scammers and thieves so never ever trust anyone regarding your personal account even if its your close friends.Be more extra careful in all your actions to avoid loss.
The question is how to handle and taking care of the digital wallet? There are many ways to hack a digital wallet and you should know how they will going to compromise your digital wallet. Some will give you a good offer which will lead to disclosing your private key like giving you a form to filling in your account details, some are phishing you out online using a hacking tool so avoid always doing online, keep your gmail and do not show to anybody, and etc. There are many more to do it. So get extra careful.
Activity: 140
September 17, 2018, 03:09:27 AM
Privacy is important to us because if the security is not good then it means we will lose the coin in our wallet. wallet security important to use
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 03:02:55 AM
Having a secured wallet is much much important and a priority you need to focus before other things. It will be very painful after doing a whole lot of projects and in the end, you lose almost all your money.
Activity: 189
Merit: 28
September 16, 2018, 03:31:25 PM
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

security in your wallet is very important that is why its private key is compose oh 39 combined number and letter for the hacker to have a hard time hacking your wallet.
Activity: 384
September 16, 2018, 03:23:54 PM
Of course wallet security is very important for holders. Because wallets are a place where we store what we have. So it is very useful and needs to be considered its security. You certainly don't want to lose what you have, so security is very important to me.
Activity: 317
Merit: 251
September 16, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Yes. Wallet security is really important to use because you will lose all of your crypto if you do not take care it. Hackers will definitely steal all of it, that is why you should avoid things that hackers could track you like visiting untrusted websites and always showing your wallet to untrusted person.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4
September 16, 2018, 02:13:40 PM
Of course, wallet security is very important because the wallet is a place to store coins. And if you don't pay attention to wallet security, the risk of the coin you have will be lost.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 02:11:43 PM
Obviously, I am trying to do this trade with two computers. I use my own computer to send something to the computer only one time. The other is like the bounty. By doing so, I do not share my passwords with so many places.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
September 16, 2018, 01:55:29 PM

Yes wallet security is really important because if you do not have any high security features in your wallet you will be easily hacked and steal hackers. To avoid getting hacked by hackers you should avoid showing strangers your pin and passwords, and stop visiting untrusted websites.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 16, 2018, 01:51:10 PM
Securing your coins should be the most important thing for anyone that is holding cryptocurrencies, it doesn't matter if you are holding millions of dollars or if you are only holding tokens that have no value yet, you need to secure your coins from the very beginning because there have been cases of people that invested in an ico and the coin suddenly skyrocketed and instead of enjoying their profits they lost their coins to a hacker.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
September 16, 2018, 12:18:43 PM
Security is always an important thing when it comes to investment and dealing with earning. There is higher risk for hackers to evade us and to take a chance on stealing form us so security is an important aspect in dealing with investment and transaction specially when using cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: