Pages:
Author

Topic: IT Administrator Mining - page 4. (Read 15459 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 13, 2012, 02:45:36 AM
Holy swift justice Batman. I figured we'd never find out anything and this thread would slowly die.

Nup, #bitcoin-police pwned him.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
March 13, 2012, 02:19:33 AM
Holy swift justice Batman. I figured we'd never find out anything and this thread would slowly die.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
March 13, 2012, 01:11:22 AM
The guys asked for it. He's a thief and comes here to brag about it and asks for advice to further steal from his company. And he's stupid enough to use a username that gives away his real name. Seriously?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
March 13, 2012, 01:07:34 AM

*pwned totally* Grin

I posted this thread to Facebook

A friend of mine posted this in that thread

"Hi Don, hope this is your real address, thank you for bringing this to our attention, it has turned out to be true and Daniel has admitted these crimes.

The matter is being dealt with by our HR Manager Julie Beckett.

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
IT Manager & SAP Administrator
Weston EU Ltd"
That's pretty dang hilarious.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
March 13, 2012, 12:40:10 AM
What was the total anyway? 150 Mhash/s? He couldn't have possibly even made an entire coin in that short space of time. Lulz.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
March 13, 2012, 12:11:33 AM

"Hi Don, hope this is your real address, thank you for bringing this to our attention, it has turned out to be true and Daniel has admitted these crimes.

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"
That's pretty dang hilarious.
Activity: 336
March 13, 2012, 12:02:33 AM

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"

Bahaha fantastic.
Can't understand why someone would CPU mine with their employer's hardware.
The payoff is miniscule, it's totally illegal and there's a real and significant chance of getting caught, fired and charged (in this case presumably under the computer misuse act).
Not to mention getting sued by the (former) employer.
Activity: 437
March 13, 2012, 12:00:00 AM

Best Regards
Michael Boardman
Weston EU Ltd"
Activity: 700
March 12, 2012, 11:59:30 PM

Oops.

good on ya.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
March 12, 2012, 11:22:49 AM
Here is another post of him.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.786416

Too bad im not on 64-bit windows Sad

Anything is efficient for me. I'll be running this miner from work, so i don't pay electricity!

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
March 12, 2012, 11:15:45 AM
Cheesy /me *giggles*

wow - such a nifty trick to delete all his posts....

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel .... on the internetz, you cannot un-ring a bell:

http://i.imgur.com/7zBVa.jpg

THAT is a screenshot of your complete PRE-deleted thread - and i am sure webarchive.org and wayback machines of all kinds will regurgitate this thread happily unredacted... not to mention the sheer fact that this thread will now appear in the Google searches of all your future employers (yes, during recruitment - companies use Google!)

Chalk it up as a black mark on your permanent internet record, bro - "this is one doodle that cant be un-did; home-skillet!"

Cheers
T
Pwned  Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 12, 2012, 11:10:00 AM
Cheesy /me *giggles*

wow - such a nifty trick to delete all his posts....

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel .... on the internetz, you cannot un-ring a bell:

http://i.imgur.com/7zBVa.jpg

THAT is a screenshot of your complete PRE-deleted thread - and i am sure webarchive.org and wayback machines of all kinds will regurgitate this thread happily unredacted... not to mention the sheer fact that this thread will now appear in the Google searches of all your future employers (yes, during recruitment - companies use Google!)

Chalk it up as a black mark on your permanent internet record, bro - "this is one doodle that cant be un-did; home-skillet!"

Cheers
T
Activity: 672
March 11, 2012, 12:31:09 PM
I think this may have been taken a little too far....lol

Anyways, like I said: My first firing was some smug asshole who didn't cover his tracks properly Tongue

Edit: I take that back, I forgot about the stolen laptops and ram to sell on eBay admission. Burn the heretic!
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
March 10, 2012, 10:19:31 PM
Ain't this just too stupid to be true?  Then again, life is often stranger than fiction. Can't feel sorry for this asshole.
Activity: 252
Inactive
March 10, 2012, 06:27:06 PM
It just amazes me how idiotic people can be on the internet. Just because you have a small penis doesn't mean you should compensate by waving around your retarded e-penis. Do people get butt raped in UK prison?  

lulz.

Sure, inform his employer.  I think it's warranted in this case.
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
March 10, 2012, 06:19:19 PM
He can delete the posts, but not the response quotes from his posts.  If it wasn't him why would he bother destroying the evidence?  So, anyone willing to send Weston EU a link to this thread? 

He can claim that those would be fake though. That's why I'd rather track him down by other means (missing inventory, power consumption spikes, ...)
Activity: 557
March 10, 2012, 05:46:43 PM
I don't think so. This looks very much like it's real.
  • Look at his other posts. I don't think anyone else who just wants Daniel Metcalfe to be fired would post those other things.
  • Look at how he emptied all the posts in this thread after his identity was uncovered by MrTiggr.
  • He probably though he's in some kind of (cr|h)acker community here that would endorse this kind of behavior, and wanted to show off.
  • People just are incredibly naive sometimes.

Just go ahead and inform Weston EU, should be fairly easy to figure out if there's a power bill increase and lots of missing inventory in that company's IT department. I'd guess that he has stopped mining in the meantime though.

He can delete the posts, but not the response quotes from his posts.  If it wasn't him why would he bother destroying the evidence?  So, anyone willing to send Weston EU a link to this thread? 
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Stop trying to steal my account, thanks.
March 10, 2012, 03:47:26 PM
Guys this is just too hilarious to be true.
This asshole really deserved it.
Activity: 518
March 10, 2012, 01:56:44 PM
Weston EU almost certainly has so called half-hourly power meters and have ability to chart their power usage in almost real time. Even if he stopped CPU mining (allegedly), abnormal power usage particularly during night hours in recent past would be obvious.

There is only one commodity on this planet that is indeed infinite...

Why they would be stupid enough to leave the PCs on during night hours is beyond me ...

Maybe they are manufacturing then as well as during the day Huh
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
March 10, 2012, 01:53:35 PM
Weston EU almost certainly has so called half-hourly power meters and have ability to chart their power usage in almost real time. Even if he stopped CPU mining (allegedly), abnormal power usage particularly during night hours in recent past would be obvious.

There is only one commodity on this planet that is indeed infinite...

Is stupidity called a commodity?
Pages:
Jump to: