Pages:
Author

Topic: IT Administrator Mining - page 5. (Read 15459 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
March 10, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
Tick tock tock  Cool
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 10, 2012, 12:11:18 PM
Right.

Anyways, if he really, REALLY is Daniel Metcalfe then he is incredibly stupid. Extraordinary stupid.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
March 10, 2012, 11:26:25 AM
I don't think so. This looks very much like it's real.
  • Look at his other posts. I don't think anyone else who just wants Daniel Metcalfe to be fired would post those other things.
  • Look at how he emptied all the posts in this thread after his identity was uncovered by MrTiggr.
  • He probably though he's in some kind of (cr|h)acker community here that would endorse this kind of behavior, and wanted to show off.
  • People just are incredibly naive sometimes.

Just go ahead and inform Weston EU, should be fairly easy to figure out if there's a power bill increase and lots of missing inventory in that company's IT department. I'd guess that he has stopped mining in the meantime though.
Activity: 23
March 10, 2012, 10:37:52 AM
Just a quick thought here:

IF this guy DMetcalfe92 really is Daniel Metcalfe, working at Weston EU then he is a huge jackass and earns nothing but to be fired (and to be sued).

However, I just can't believe that anybody would be THAT stupid... posting what illegal activities he has done and what he plans to do with an account named after his real name and his year of birth. Sounds reeeeally funny to me... what if anyone actually wants this Daniel Metcalfe to lose his job?

Just my 2 bitcents ...
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
RicePicker
March 10, 2012, 02:05:34 AM
It just amazes me how idiotic people can be on the internet. Just because you have a small penis doesn't mean you should compensate by waving around your retarded e-penis. Do people get butt raped in UK prison?  
Activity: 700
Activity: 43
March 09, 2012, 12:37:20 PM
...---...
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
March 09, 2012, 11:25:27 AM
Activity: 14
March 09, 2012, 10:13:47 AM
DMetcalfe92:

Ill content with waiting for karma, i began to wonder what D Metcalfe 92 might be a contraction of....

IF your name just happened to be Daniel Metcalfe then this link with a very similar set of skills might worry you:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-metcalfe/45/824/a76

Especially because it lists the lovely services of [Weston EU Ltd August 2008 – Present (3 years 8 months)] as this this persons current employer...

http://www.westoneu.net/westoneu.html

Sounds like a lovely family operation - it would be terrible to hear that the Sutton's had gotten wind of an employer behaving like this.

I REALLY hope you werent that silly bro

Someone call the partyvan.

Cheers
MrTiggr

+1

Thanks for the bumps all!

i notice we haven't heard from daniel ... sorry dmetcalfe92 since i posted this, i wonder why..

?? did anyone ever call that partyvan ? Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
March 09, 2012, 10:07:04 AM
I don't have permission, but I can't be caught because I'm the only person smart enough in IT to figure out what's going on!

Then they probably wouldn't notice if you just took a few computers home with you for your "pockets benefit", either...

As a matter of fact, they dont. I've taken 10+ sticks of RAM, a few PSUs, tons of HDDs, printer power supplies, a laptop, a PC
Ebay FTW
then you probably should stick to that... more profit than mining....
NO, i am not encouraging anyone to do this.

I had a friend from youth and he pursued IT as well as I.  A pretty dishonest guy and guilty of the kind of behavior that OP stated.

My friend always took the easy way if risk was manageable.  He wasn't a very good IT guy in regards to skill because of the affect of his ethics.

I'm afraid that there all kinds of people in every industry.  What sucks is these people can and do find work and often are a thorn in the side of colleagues with stronger work ethic.

Ultimately, I attribute the last sentence to incompetent managers; there are a crap load more of those compared to crappy grunts.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
March 09, 2012, 05:03:56 AM
He can write an HTML website from scratch in notepad!  Amazing!

Code:

Your Pink Slip

DMetcalfe92, You're Fired.  The Police are waiting for you in the lobby

Forgot your

there.

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
March 09, 2012, 04:24:42 AM
He can write an HTML website from scratch in notepad!  Amazing!

Code:

Your Pink Slip

DMetcalfe92, You're Fired.  The Police are waiting for you in the lobby

Activity: 189
Merit: 101
March 09, 2012, 03:46:48 AM
You are CPU mining? That is hardly worth the effort, let alone the risk. If you have no qualms about acting criminally, then why not sell some of those memory sticks and buy a few GPUs? They will be more energy efficient than all those CPUs.

150MH/sec he has to be... rofl. This has to be a troll.

If it is not then OP, take your stolen IT equipment, ebay it, and buy yourself an ATI/AMD graphics card... the electric company/business/pcs your thrashing will thank you Cheesy
Activity: 70
March 09, 2012, 01:53:43 AM
DMetcalfe92 is in the running for today's Darwin award for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
March 08, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
CPU mining on someone elses hardware is like ripping out copper pipes from a house.  You steal it to get $100 and cause $10,000 in damage.
Activity: 672
March 08, 2012, 09:59:47 PM
Wow... Is it just me who finds this offensive? (as a fellow IT Professional for the past 15 years).

Also I wouldn't bet "they can't catch you" if I were you... They could (likely) notice the increased power usage, and when they do they may start investigating (calling the utility company, to find out why, they may send someone to meter it, and so on, eventually figuring out that it's the computers drawing power, at that point you're going to have some explaining to do).

+1 to this. As an IT admin myself this sickens me. I would hope that the mod's on this board who have logged your IP address will use it to find out which company you work for and notify them of this thread. I personally would be willing to come in to that business and gather forensic evidence to have you arrested, and I'd do it pro bono.

+1 My first firing was some smug asshole who didn't check the back of his computer for the keyghost I installed.
...And I quote:
"I could walk out of here with the roof and these idiots wouldn't know it was missing. So seriously, do you want these 35 PSU's or not? I've got more work to pretend to be doing."

Using your company's power and computers for mining is kinda funny, but blatantly admitting to stealing ram and laptops to sell them on eBay? Seriously? If you fuck this up when you're 20 you will not be able to be bonded when you're older and responsible and it will be time for a career change.

Enjoy bagging my groceries.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
March 08, 2012, 09:29:10 PM
Does a user on this forum have to defraud another forum user in order to earn the 'scammer' badge?
It'd be nice if mods would stretch to tagging this guy for self-admitted ongoing fraudulent activity.

If he has no qualms about stealing from his employer - he'll likely have no qualms about stealing from other bitcoiners whenever he thinks he can get away with it.

Better yet, I hope the forum admins turn his IP in to the cops of his local area.

Even better if he's posting from work, and the IP leads them straight to it.

+1 and +1
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
March 08, 2012, 09:23:11 PM
I don't have permission, but I can't be caught because I'm the only person smart enough in IT to figure out what's going on!

Then they probably wouldn't notice if you just took a few computers home with you for your "pockets benefit", either...

As a matter of fact, they dont. I've taken 10+ sticks of RAM, a few PSUs, tons of HDDs, printer power supplies, a laptop, a PC
Ebay FTW
then you probably should stick to that... more profit than mining....
NO, i am not encouraging anyone to do this.
Pages:
Jump to: