Pages:
Author

Topic: It is only Bitcoin and nothing else - page 11. (Read 1498 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
September 18, 2023, 08:29:09 AM
I know there are other who would have similar experience too and there are still others caught up in the euphoria of getting rich through one token or the other. Well, if it is not Bitcoin, it is not worth holding.
If you buy altcoins and there is bear market, you will see your money dropping in price far more and it might be painful. If you see some altcoins all-time-high and there price now, they have dropped more than 15 times or more. That is altcons. Know that altcons are gambling because they may remain to be shit coins, they can become a dead coin, they may remain a failed project and they may likely  disappoint someone. I invested over $1000 on an altcoins when bitcoin was at $23000 this year before it increased to $30000, the coin dropped and my money was $500 when I sold the coin. I recently look at the coin on Coingecko recently, it has droped 1.3x more again.
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
September 18, 2023, 08:26:10 AM
Since you brought this up, I could name multiple tokens, but allow me to share my personal experience.

I bought ETH in 2018 and kept it until 2020 when I switched to Bitcoin ONLY.

I made some money with ETH (not a lot). But thinking about it now, I would never do this again. With Bitcoin I have learnt to appreciate valuable assets in life. All those trendy, heavily marketed scams must be avoided.

It is pathetic and devastating how many people lost fortunes riding on basically air-money.

Remember LUNA? I 've seen people claiming they lost their entire savings... It's so sad.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 18, 2023, 08:24:26 AM
If one can turn back the hand of time, and assuming I joined this forum early when I started my crypto journey, maybe the concept of shitcoins would have dawn on me and that would have made me convert those worthless bags to Bitcoin when I could.

No, you cannot turn back time, but you can learn from your past mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes today or in the future. Bitcoin is the king for a reason.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
September 18, 2023, 08:11:08 AM
I was going through coinmarketcap today to see some of the cryptocurrencies I was involved in when I started, I was so surprised to see that a lot of them have even been delisted. I was heartbroken seeing that some tokens who raised millions of dollars, had huge community and were trending even in various platforms just died. I wanted to not mention any particular token but I have to mention PumaPay that raised about $8 million yet could not deliver anything and got investors holding a bag of shit.

If one can turn back the hand of time, and assuming I joined this forum early when I started my crypto journey, maybe the concept of shitcoins would have dawn on me and that would have made me convert those worthless bags to Bitcoin when I could.

I know there are other who would have similar experience too and there are still others caught up in the euphoria of getting rich through one token or the other. Well, if it is not Bitcoin, it is not worth holding.
Pages:
Jump to: