Pages:
Author

Topic: It's impossible for EVERYONE to benefit - page 3. (Read 3588 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 29, 2013, 09:56:36 PM

I'll tell you... the real losers are going to be those who stick with fiat until it is too late.

Yes.  One of these days there will be an exponential spike in the exchange rate that won't crash back down...
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
April 29, 2013, 09:56:18 PM
So since every coin I hold can be considered profit, by not cashing out I'm continuously making someone else lose, and will continue to do so until I do cash out?  How can that be?

I'll tell you... the real losers are going to be those who stick with fiat until it is too late.

only if you are the exchanger or mining bitcoins your self.... if you are holding bitcoins their number is not increasing, if you have 100 bitcoins now, you will have 100 after 10 years, where will be your profit then? the only profit you can make is to take money away from other people at the right time...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
April 29, 2013, 09:53:01 PM
So since every coin I hold can be considered profit, by not cashing out I'm continuously making someone else lose, and will continue to do so until I do cash out?  How can that be?

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 29, 2013, 09:51:29 PM
because everyone in life wins at everything correct?
people lose on stocks, companies, contracts, scams, currency devaluation, prices of anything going down (houses, land, art whatever)
it is possibly for everyone to BENEFIT if 1) noone steals coins 2) noone ever sells/trades their coins when they are getting less value than they put into it
welcome to life?
Activity: 56
April 29, 2013, 09:51:19 PM
but what is the whole point of this forum? Everyone who wants to speculate in bitcoins should see other speculators as enemies, your job is to be smarter than the rest... and now people are "collaborating" in this forum, when in fact they are competitors, the only function this forum serves is to spread wrong information so someone can profit

Speculation is about where people think prices will go. Speculators can benefit from working together since the masses (majority of people trading) probably don't partake in this type of speculating.

It's not really "stealing" it's learning how to trade.

"Oh I'm so sorry I won the soccer game and stole your team's victory."

You get the point.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 29, 2013, 09:51:01 PM
Do you understand that it's impossible for everyone to win?

Just as a matter of curiosity, in what arena do you see it as possible for every participant to win?
Activity: 56
April 29, 2013, 09:49:34 PM
So it's just like real life.

Thanks for the enlightening message OP

And unlike gambling you can affect the odds.

Give up. To hell with the odds. I'm keeping at this. I'll become a motherfuckingmastertrader, if that's what it takes.

You have a brain. Use it.

April 29, 2013, 09:48:37 PM
but what is the whole point of this forum? Everyone who wants to speculate in bitcoins should see other speculators as enemies, your job is to be smarter than the rest... and now people are "collaborating" in this forum, when in fact they are competitors, the only function this forum serves is to spread wrong information so someone can profit
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 29, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
OP okay you can be the person who subsidizes everyone else? Sounds good to me.

lol

Day traders that suck will lose money and subsidize everyone holding bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
April 29, 2013, 09:41:21 PM
Well, yeah, that's like it, though "to steal from each other" is out of the order.. nobody is forcing me to trade or anyone else, so it's pretty much like any business - the better one, the stronger one, the luckiest one make most, some other less, some other lose.

If you don't want to trade and "steal" from others or don't want to risk to be "robbed" by others you can still buy and keep your coins to use it as purchasing power now or in the future.

If you don't want neither of these, then you're on the wrong place..
April 29, 2013, 09:41:04 PM
While at first glance this seems right, I am not sure it is.

In a closed system yes, but if more people are finding out about bitcoin and bringing more money into bitcoin than maybe not.
April 29, 2013, 09:35:54 PM
Do you understand that it's impossible for everyone to win?

Speculation of bitcoins is just a way for people to steal from each other...  there will always be losers and winners, it is not much different from gambling

people put their money together and whoever exchanges his bitcoins at the right time will make a profit (and someone will have to take the equal loss)

whereas exchanges like mt.gox will continue to make profit either way

I know this is very basic but after reading this forum I am not sure if everyone understand this

so it's impossible for everyone to benefit, my guess is that numbers are close to 25-30% of people stealing from the rest (or making profit) similar to Forex
Pages:
Jump to: