Pages:
Author

Topic: Its that time again, what altcoin are you holding at a loss? - page 4. (Read 1899 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Well I am holding NMR, OMG and many alts at a loss actually, but the reason to invest in these are either for long term or for potential 10x gain so I am Ok to accept the paper loss for now.
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
The ones that make sense, like Zcash, LTC, DASH, ETC, Neo
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
The only altcoin I am holding is Burst and I will keep holding no matter how low the price goes. Nothing hurts more than seeing your coin go down in market value. I was tempted to sell but I believe in the Proof of Capacity Consortium's ability to deliver some good for Burst that I have decided to buy more.

What about you, what altcoin are you loyally holding and why?

some altcoins require you to hold them for years and years before they are worth anything. Others like ETH become worth a lot within a year.

Bitcoin took a long time for it to be worth what it is now.

remember that! If you think an altcoin has good value and will deliver good things that peopl eneed and or want then you should hold it for years.
Activity: 378
The only altcoin I am holding is Burst and I will keep holding no matter how low the price goes. Nothing hurts more than seeing your coin go down in market value. I was tempted to sell but I believe in the Proof of Capacity Consortium's ability to deliver some good for Burst that I have decided to buy more.

What about you, what altcoin are you loyally holding and why?
If I often hold a pink coin but it has been holding it for too long the selling price is still not high I finally can not wait and exchange the coin with the rupiah despite the risk in less maximal gain.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
I got around 18k invested since July and am down about 20%. Mostly neo, xrp, eth, csno, coss, rpx and stex. Two are not tradeable yet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
For me this is worse then the China thing. I dont hold any btc. Ive put most in ICO and some alts... And every ICO out of the gate drops like a fly..  Embarrassed  i was afraid to miss the boat, now i miss every boat.. F              K  Embarrassed
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
BAT.  Once I recoup what I put into it I'll sell it off.
Time and time again I start realizing that I should stop messing around with alts and stick to BTC.
Activity: 150
update : namewastaken
i'll hold all of them until i recover at least my initial investment

it's hard tho...stratis is down 60% atm :\
bad time for alts
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
You do not lose until you sell. Right now my portfolio is down by 20% ether make up 65% while others 35% my calculations is not in dollars otherwise I would say I have gain 10% . But i 'm calculating in bitcoin. Hope the tide turn positive soon.
Activity: 462
Merit: 115
I bought into a lot of altcoins around July/August 2017 and unfortunately most of them are at a loss right now.  I bought:

XEM (up 25%)
OMG (up 20%)
LISK (up 148%)
STRAT (down 36%)
GNT (down 30%)
FCT (down 19%)
SIA (down 51%)
DGB (down 43%)
VIA (down 35%)
SIGT (down 75%)

Even worse is that the Bitcoin that I traded so I could buy these altcoins would have nearly doubled in value since I traded it.  Fortunately though, most of the altcoins above that were in the red were a small portion of my portfolio even at the time I bought them and the green ones I made a heavier initial investment into.  Further, I've always held a the majority of my coins into BTC (65%) so my altcoin portfolio is much smaller and diversified (Eth makes up about 65% of my altcoin portfolio) so i'm in good shape.

The biggest bummer was Sigt.  I was pumped for that coin.  I mined and bought a bit at around $0.07.  I think its actively being developed so I haven't given up on it.

I'm thinking about getting involved with DeepOnion.  I've read up on it and it seems like a promising privacy-oriented altcoin.  I think DO will become one of my wiser investments!

Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
I am not holding any coin now. But if i choose i bought eth for investment. Why? Since i believe this coin will grow big and bigger.
Eth is the famous platform also use for new project.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Oddly enough this may not be an ALT coin that anyone would think.

Its ATS - authorship.

I really liked the white paper in the ICO and the concept. Truth is, authors will, as with music all go completely online. All it will take for ATS to really take off will be a bestselling author to publish their book with this company exclusively. So its a definite hold.
Activity: 308
I am new to crypto trading recently i started trading on altcoins most of my altcoins are in loss may be some of them are around 50% after doing lots of research i have invested on this coins but recent trend all the altcoins going to loss . If i could have leave bitcoin as it is i would get better profit .I am waiting for hard fork to finish.
Activity: 213
I am holding onto my XVG even though it has dropped from my entry point of 150 sat to under 100 today. I even purchased some more last night at 100 sat.

Also holding onto my ARK and although it hasn't crashed as badly as some other altcoins, I'll be waiting to pick up some more if the price drops significantly.

I should add that I'm a long-term hodler so I don't mind taking hits in the short-term. I'm looking to invest as much as possible over a variety of coins. Some are high risk with potentially huge rewards, others have solid tech which I think the market will appreciate within the next year or two.

Examples include: ARK, XVG, STRAT, XFC, XMR, XID, QRL

I'm not currently invested in all of those but if you invest a little each time there's a bloodbath then you can do well over the long-term as long as you can hold your nerve and your personal circumstances don't require you to cash out at a bad time.
Activity: 213
I am holding onto my XVG even though it has dropped from my entry point of 150 sat to under 100 today. I even purchased some more last night at 100 sat.

Also holding onto my ARK and although it hasn't crashed as badly as some other altcoins, I'll be waiting to pick up some more if the price drops significantly.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
I am holding Byteball at a loss. I think it has a very nice and alternative technology and one of the best thought wallets out there. I may have to wait years, but I'm positive one day it will eventually rise.
And I'm also holding Bancor at a loss. Great future for BNT in the future in my view.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I still have some SIGT, at a pretty big lost. at this point, it makes no sense to me to sell it, but if it ever gets back to the point it was when i bought it, i will sell everything.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It gives me comfort to know I am not alone in this world of loss . I lost 85%
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
I am surprised that radium coin could be dropped so hard. Crypto currency can raise your bp if you are heavily invested. This free market is double edged sword. When it swing in direction of profit, you make a good killing that can not be made on any other platform. And when the other side of sword is swinging, there may be a lot and lots of blood.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I do not get rid of altcoins, such as Stratis Eth Neo Edg Blizard. if they fall by half, then they will necessarily grow tenfold, in which case there should be steel nerves and do not need to tear the hair on the head. it's a market, and it has its own rules.  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: