Pages:
Author

Topic: I've been hacked, and now I'm screwed (Can anyone help with a loan?) - page 10. (Read 12890 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
I've just updated my forum btc address. One I know is secure.
17uWCajedEVHJgds2Fzm752By1YVG4wPN2

Teamviewer website says it was accessed from Manly (Near Brisbane)

I've sent Teamviewer an email asking for the IP address. If I'm lucky, the cops may be able to get this prick.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Yeah it was what I thought was a secure computer.

I just figured out what happened.

On my pc, my team viewer was compromised. I hadn't changed the password after the heart bleed bug happened. Or someone may have gotten the password when the forums got hacked.

The log says someone logged in and downloaded every file or folder that says Bitcoin in it.

Then transferred a file that I've identified as a Trojan. I think I may have tracked it on to the secure pc.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Secure computer with Teamviewer on it?  Roll Eyes
Setup a donation fund IMO.  Smiley
He seems like a caring member of the community and has setup the Bitcoinmuseum showing he was in it for the long haul and his fiance has a shop that accepts BTC. I really hope he gets a decent ammount donated to him and it shows how much the community is willing to help one of their own.
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
You laptop may even have virus that could have caused the issue
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

On my pc, my team viewer was compromised. I hadn't changed the password after the heart bleed bug happened. Or someone may have gotten the password when the forums got hacked.

The log says someone logged in and downloaded every file or folder that says Bitcoin in it.

Then transferred a file that I've identified as a Trojan. I think I may have tracked it on to the secure pc.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Setup a donation fund IMOSmiley
He seems like a caring member of the community and has setup the Bitcoinmuseum showing he was in it for the long haul and his fiance has a shop that accepts BTC. I really hope he gets a decent ammount donated to him and it shows how much the community is willing to help one of their own.

I would say do a crowfunding campaign.
You got the goods (BTC memorabilia) and you are running out of time.

Setup a crowdfunding campaign and offer BTC memorabilia to those who participate.

Just a thought.
It would be a shame to lose pieces that would one day be in a physical museum, maybe promise to put a plaque of the users names saying "This piece was saved by : User A, User B" especially on hard to find items.

True, thanks for correcting me Wink

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Setup a donation fund IMOSmiley

I would say do a crowfunding campaign.
You got the goods (BTC memorabilia) and you are running out of time.

Setup a crowdfunding campaign and offer BTC memorabilia to those who participate.

Just a thought.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
So weak, when you get another secure address ill toss you what i can, honest it wont be much but as a young married man i can't imagine my wife having her honeymoon/wedding taken by some prick on the internet and i would do anything i could to fix that so i understand what stress and pain you're in.

Also if you have a Vertcoin address ill send you some of those so i don't have to convert those.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Setup a donation fund IMO.  Smiley
eid
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
In terms of Armory, offline is secure.
Secure when you're talking about hacking, yes. Secure overall? Not really.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Would you mind elaborating?

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
did you install doge-miner or some shit like that? most people who think they have a secure pc also have alot of very shitty stuff on that pc and dont understand that.
to be secure you should install nothing but a firewall, antivirus and bitcoinQT. also i would recommend to have the wallet encrypted and offline.

^^^ This.

Also, store your wallet on an encrypted drive and ALWAYS make sure that there are no other services or programs running in the background.
You have mentioned PC so you can easily check that through the task manager Wink

EDIT: That being said, do it now. Use the task manager to check what services and programs are running.
This is very sad to hear, i wish i had the coin to help you out. You should give a list of everything you have recently downloaded so we can try and figure out how he got into your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
I'm sorry to hear that, but with so much money, you should have known that ONLY secure is offline. Armory, or anything else...O F F L I N E. If community decides to help, ill throw some your way..not much as i dont have much, but still...
legendary
Terminated.
Secure when you're talking about hacking, yes. Secure overall? Not really.
eid
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
That just doesn't make sense! You're using an OFFLINE computer with Armory and your Bitcoins were stolen?
Could you elaborate on that? What security measures do you use? Who have an access to your offline computer?

He didn't say it's offline, he said it was "secure".

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
did you install doge-miner or some shit like that? most people who think they have a secure pc also have alot of very shitty stuff on that pc and dont understand that.
to be secure you should install nothing but a firewall, antivirus and bitcoinQT. also i would recommend to have the wallet encrypted and offline.
That just doesn't make sense! You're using an OFFLINE computer with Armory and your Bitcoins were stolen?
Could you elaborate on that? What security measures do you use? Who have an access to your offline computer?

He didn't say it's offline, he said it was "secure".

Also, out of topic: Noella, update your website girl: Current Bitcoin Price $133.35   <------ I would love to buy a couple of hundreds of them at that price  Grin
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
legendary
Terminated.
Was your wallet encrypted? You should first find out how this happened to prevent it from happening again.
It's a very sad story.
I guess if 140 of us donated 0.1 (which is not a big amount) we could help you with your wedding.  Wink

Also try keeping track of the coins.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
he's just told me...very upsetting

Cry
It's not the cold wallet that was compromised, it was my laptop.

mac or PC ?

PC

Where in QLD are you?

Airlie Beach

Also, the soon-to-be-wife used to work for airliebeach.com
Feel free to bomb that prick's facebook page.

Pages:
Jump to: