Pages:
Author

Topic: I've got $20k to invest. Please recommend! - page 45. (Read 78284 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Interested in the Power of Bitcoin
First of all I would put all my eggs of 20k into bitcoin
cheers!
Andrew

You lost me at "I would put all my eggs of 20K into...

Investing 101 tells you not to put everything into 1 basket.  If that one source of 20k ends up being a failure, you've lost everything!  You have to diversify your investments!

Even if the OP were to keep 10k (half) in bitcoin, I would diversify how the btc was being invested: I would put a lot into trading, but I would put some into lending and maybe even escrow.

You're telling him to put all his money into 1 website.  What if his wallet gets hacked, or the site goes bust?  Or a million other reasons not to put everything into 1 basket.  And you're plugging your own wacky twitter feed and equally wacky company.

OP, diversify your 20K.  Don't listen to the one-basket Willies!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hey. I Know your judging my newbie account.  Grin However, I am not NEW at anything bitcoin. First of all I would put all my eggs of 20k into bitcoin, ether mining at home ( invest 3500 on GPU and mine and hold ) I would encourage you to get all your money out of a traditional bank and make it yours and earn 5% a day on all of it. How, first off I use the KISS approach. Do not put it in coinbase, because if the btc price goes to 1500 usd after the halving then you got huge capital gains tax. I would open two types of accounts, first I would open a free uphold account. To not even try to get a down vote for referral links here is the best page to explain why https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/202887565-What-are-the-benefits-of-becoming-a-member-of-Uphold-

You are able to buy gold,silver,bitcoin,ether, and nove money free anywhere and you never loose value. https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/uphold-to-support-litecoin-and-ethereum

If you want to know how I make 5k a week off buying btc and selling it, online email me [email protected]   

I am a CEO of a large Solar and bitcoin mining arbitrage as a service.   @DACSTACK on twitter

cheers!
Andrew
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
I would just invest in the bitcoin but not with the full 20k amount, invest around 15k in the bitcoin and just hold them for a price increase.
This can be done in a short term but also in a long term of course, with a short term the halving will help you for sure.

investing that much in bitcoin without bots monitoring exchangers to sell on short notice is just stupid and highly risky.

besides with that much money you can start your own business online and make more money than just sitting on your ass and hope for the price to rise.
Activity: 350
Interested in the Power of Bitcoin
OP, if your finally have 20k to invest, it sounds like you either worked hard for investment $ or you came into some $.  Because this is a lot of money to you:

I would definitely NOT put it all into bitcoins.  Like a few people said before, bitcoins is a risky investment (said the guy on a bitcoin forums.)  I would maybe invest half at most in bitcoin and I would do something like arbitrage or lending on a viable website.  Even that's risky.  BTCjam recently barred U.S. citizens from any new investments. 

As for the other half: I would NOT invest in gold or precious metals unless you really do some reading.  They all seem to be trending downwards over the past few years.  A great time to buy gold is at the beginning of a major recession that affects the U.S.  Sell it when U.S. starts showing signs of improving/optimisim..

So what to invest in?  I would suggest the stock market.  You could could take the 10k and spread them out amongst blue chips like IBM or Coke, and also amongst companies that you know are going to innovate, like Apple, and Amazon.  But you have to do your homework.

OP, you should definitely take at least a month thinking about how to invest you money that you finally got.  Talk to successful investors you irl too. 

Good luck!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
The best thing is just use all your money to invest in Bitcoin. Just go all in. And than you will have some good profit from it.
If the value is down. Dont panic, but just hold your coins and wait for a good moment later.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I would just invest in the bitcoin but not with the full 20k amount, invest around 15k in the bitcoin and just hold them for a price increase.
This can be done in a short term but also in a long term of course, with a short term the halving will help you for sure.

Bad idea. It's beyond stupid to risk 75% on a risky investment. Like monumentally stupid.
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
20k Dollars is a very very big money. you can't invest that much on the web. not even in bitcoin and other crypto currency.. you can make a good profit only for investing 2 or 3 bitcoins. you don't need to invest all your money here. but if you want to invest anyway. then do something psychically. like real stat or something like this.

If they got that much money to invest, then they can afford to lose it and still continue their life as normal.

But if they cant, then investing shouldnt even be a thought.. esp nothing is for certain.

Op, its better if you just nothing then doing something and risking a large sum unless you do your homework.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You'd rather invest it to something real  like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.300 to which you need 10btc to receive dividend as your income than going into trading which you could loose instead. but this is an option for you encase you wanted to learn.

Uh, you can lose with HaoBTC as well. There is no guarantee. They could be considered as high-risk, low-reward (you're risking everything for a pretty low annual return).

Gold or diamonds, Something you can put your hands on is what you want to invest in. Or with 20k you could back company or play about on the stock market, 20k is a lot to be throwing at crypto and hope for a return. 

My tip.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket! because you know whats going to happen to them if you drop it...
Making an investment is always good. And I hope that more people will make an investment in Bitcoin so it will be more used and more worth.
But you never know what will happen with the value and that is the problem. You must have some patience.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
20k Dollars is a very very big money. you can't invest that much on the web. not even in bitcoin and other crypto currency.. you can make a good profit only for investing 2 or 3 bitcoins. you don't need to invest all your money here. but if you want to invest anyway. then do something psychically. like real stat or something like this.
Activity: 28
You'd rather invest it to something real  like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.300 to which you need 10btc to receive dividend as your income than going into trading which you could loose instead. but this is an option for you encase you wanted to learn.

Uh, you can lose with HaoBTC as well. There is no guarantee. They could be considered as high-risk, low-reward (you're risking everything for a pretty low annual return).

Gold or diamonds, Something you can put your hands on is what you want to invest in. Or with 20k you could back company or play about on the stock market, 20k is a lot to be throwing at crypto and hope for a return.  

My tip.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket! because you know whats going to happen to them if you drop it...
legendary
You'd rather invest it to something real  like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.300 to which you need 10btc to receive dividend as your income than going into trading which you could loose instead. but this is an option for you encase you wanted to learn.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
Activity: 322
You can maybe invest in some Bitcoins, but dont use all your money. Because if it will be down than you will not have money so that will be bad.
Just invest a little and wait and see for what is going to happen later in the future. We all hope that the value will rise and will be very good for people that has already Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Investing into altcoin ventures can be profitable, look into coin ICO's and new coin announcements. That's where i put all my money Cheesy

How do you find these ICO coins ?

only those that are ehavily hyped are worth it, like lisk for example, ignore the other

you should invest where the demand is, follow the trend, if you see a big guy dumping his 1k bitcoin into an ico you know that's a good ivnestment
Activity: 28
I would buy some gold, It seems to be the best investment or some precious stones.
legendary
Investing into altcoin ventures can be profitable, look into coin ICO's and new coin announcements. That's where i put all my money Cheesy

Don't. That guy is trying to sabotage you for some sick enjoyment he obviously has. ICOs are one of the fastest ways to lose everything you own.
Activity: 326

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
That is a lot of money. And it will be not the best time to make an investment because the value is not low enough to make an investment.
I hope that more people will make a good investment and that they can make also some profit. The best thing that you can do is just hold your money now.
Activity: 434
:)
Go throw a couple thousand into various gambling sites. Moneypot is a very good one.
Pages:
Jump to: