Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 109. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
October 13, 2014, 02:26:18 AM
sounds cool  Cheesy
Sounds good cinnamon_carter. 

Hold off another day on testing 0.9.2, I've made the necessary changes to our source code files to bring Ixcoin up to the 0.9.3 level. 

Will try to get those changes committed tomorrow on GitHub, too tired tonight and will also build an updated bootstrap.dat file to put out.

Links here when I'm done, and will let you know the commits and  pull request to Ahmed are in, running great right now on the network with 7 or 8 connections.

Gads lots to learn, edit and build.  Have focused on just the needed source code file changes for the builds, to keep Ixcoin current with the lastest Bitcoin build.  Or this would have taken me allot longer.  See lots of work to do to make things cleaner in our repository, we'll get there, and the documentation updated as well.  Started down the road in Sept. to setup a machine so I could do Gitian builds, have to get back to that project now that the basics for 0.9.3 are ready. 

GR
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
October 13, 2014, 02:11:19 AM
Sounds good cinnamon_carter. 

Hold off another day on testing 0.9.2, I've made the necessary changes to our source code files to bring Ixcoin up to the 0.9.3 level. 

Will try to get those changes committed tomorrow on GitHub, too tired tonight and will also build an updated bootstrap.dat file to put out.

Links here when I'm done, and will let you know the commits and  pull request to Ahmed are in, running great right now on the network with 7 or 8 connections.

Gads lots to learn, edit and build.  Have focused on just the needed source code file changes for the builds, to keep Ixcoin current with the lastest Bitcoin build.  Or this would have taken me allot longer.  See lots of work to do to make things cleaner in our repository, we'll get there, and the documentation updated as well.  Started down the road in Sept. to setup a machine so I could do Gitian builds, have to get back to that project now that the basics for 0.9.3 are ready. 

GR
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
October 13, 2014, 12:32:25 AM
With the length and dramatics of this thread ,  I thought I may have failed to get back to someone---  sorry pm me if I did not reply to a question related to iX , ect....     price has actually held up well,  i anticipated it may take a big big dip providing a buying opportunity for some but
looks like everyone who has iX coin is holding and a few new people may be getting on board.  This week I will review the changes coded into the 9.2 client on github and hopefully compile a new binary.  Eventually the gitian system of builds should be used for releases like the bitcoin devs use.
I am not 100% on gitian yet, but I started learning it since it seems like a really smart idea.  

It is a build system using 2 layers of virtual machines where by multiple can compile the binary files and they all much match up check sum ect... before released to the world.  From what I can tell this is done now on Win and Linux for bitcoin and Gavin just handles the Mac release.

For the future I would support and assuming I am able to get it running properly (which I have started working on allready) I will probably volunteer myself for one of several who can do the test build releases.  This makes sure 100% that what is released to the world is compiled from the source on github nothing more or less.    

references

from Gavins blog  Gitian-building Bitcoin releases http://gavintech.blogspot.com/2014/02/gitian-building-bitcoin-releases.html

from github , release process of bitcoin https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/v0.9.2.1/doc/release-process.md

from Gitian org https://gitian.org/
Activity: 168
October 12, 2014, 08:38:26 PM
Can I MAKE 200k if I buy 2.000 thousand IXcoin? like $100 per coin.

Haha, no alt-coin can promise that kind of a return - not even the best top alts.

That said, I personally think that [IF] IXC is pushed mainstream then $10 should come quickly [in a few months] and $100 would come within 12 months.

But from near death [right now] to $100 Mainstream adoption - is a loooong ways to go.

So buy something you can afford to lose and forget you own it for just 1 year.  Who knows, by then IXC may be the top alt-coin in the world.

Cheers!

Thanks Boss! I'm in this forum just for the money I'm not against any coin.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
October 12, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

Haha, no alt-coin can promise that kind of a return - not even the best top alts.

That said, I personally think that [IF] IXC is pushed mainstream then $10 should come quickly [in a few months] and $100 would come within 12 months.

But from near death [right now] to $100 Mainstream adoption - is a loooong ways to go.

So buy something you can afford to lose and forget you own it for just 1 year.  Who knows, by then IXC may be the top alt-coin in the world.

Cheers!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
October 12, 2014, 08:32:36 PM
I would not necisarily expect Ixcoin price to rocket up right after mining ends...
You know the big boys will manipulate even after mining ends.  And if Vlad is right, even more so.

Absolutely.  What I'm waiting to see is if IXC dies tomorrow after mining is finished.

This is a Bitcoin experiment - this whole thing is being watched to see what will happen to Bitcoin when their mining ends so it should be fun to see what happens.

But even if IXC doesn't die - I would expect further manipulation but I also think time is running out and if IXC is to be used in any products and services then that has to happen very soon.
Activity: 168
October 12, 2014, 08:22:34 PM
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 12, 2014, 08:17:43 PM
I would not necisarily expect Ixcoin price to rocket up right after mining ends...
You know the big boys will manipulate even after mining ends.  And if Vlad is right, even more so.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 11, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

One day to D-day.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
October 11, 2014, 11:18:03 PM
One day to death.  Has anyone actually checked the software handles empty blocks?  Coz there's gonna be a lot of them.  Or perhaps none at all, haha.

It's odd that the price is as strong as ever on the eve of sudden death.  I'm a bit disappointed - I thought we'd get a massive collapse in price.

If iXCoin dies over the next few days I promise to be here to tell you that you were right.

If ixCoin does not die after mining is done and in fact goes on to improve and get better - I hope you will be here to man up to all the accusations you have made.

I for one will be relieved either way - I'd just like this whole ixCoin experiment to end one way or another; for it has been a great source of stress and anguish [with no reward] thus far.

Cheers!
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
October 11, 2014, 11:09:01 PM
One day to death.  Has anyone actually checked the software handles empty blocks?  Coz there's gonna be a lot of them.  Or perhaps none at all, haha.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
October 11, 2014, 10:29:23 PM

I still think it's premature to increase the block speed until we increase volume.  I was think more about getting legitimate vendors to start using iXcoin.  Do we even have a faucet?

Oh, I wouldn't want to change the protocol in any way right now.  I would like to keep IXC as close to the twin if Bitcoin as possible.

I was simply entertaining the idea and the benefits it may bring.

I was giving away ixCoins last year to random people but it wasn't a faucet per se.  I'm not sure IXC has had one, although, nearly 4 years of high difficult mining [combined with a super cheap price for all those years] means hundreds of thousands of people probably own some iXCoin.
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

Lowering the Block time would give IX a competitive advantage imo.  Waiting and hour or two sure gets old with BTC.  Especially when you have other coins getting verified in 5 min.

Another huge advantage besides speed is transactions per second.  If IXC lowers the block time to say 2 minutes, then iXCoin would instantly be able to handle 5 times the transaction volume as Bitcoin without any other changes to the code.

And because IXC is done mining - I think it can handle the faster block-time without the issues Bitcoin would face if they tried to follow.

iXCoin can be so much better [than Bitcoin] on so many levels yet nobody sees it.

Well...maybe CEX.io sees it.  We should soon find out.

I still think it's premature to increase the block speed until we increase volume.  I was think more about getting legitimate vendors to start using iXcoin.  Do we even have a faucet?

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
October 11, 2014, 05:01:49 PM

Lowering the Block time would give IX a competitive advantage imo.  Waiting and hour or two sure gets old with BTC.  Especially when you have other coins getting verified in 5 min.

Another huge advantage besides speed is transactions per second.  If IXC lowers the block time to say 2 minutes, then iXCoin would instantly be able to handle 5 times the transaction volume as Bitcoin without any other changes to the code.

And because IXC is done mining - I think it can handle the faster block-time without the issues Bitcoin would face if they tried to follow.

iXCoin can be so much better [than Bitcoin] on so many levels yet nobody sees it.

Well...maybe CEX.io sees it.  We should soon find out.
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 11, 2014, 03:11:30 PM
Here is a tally of the number of iXcoin transaction over the last two weeks.

184 tx per day including the block reward
47 tx per day not including the block reward

By comparison, Bitcoin has 50,000-80,000 transactions per day. 

We need to work on ways to increase iXcoin transactions.

Lowering the Block time would give IX a competitive advantage imo.  Waiting and hour or two sure gets old with BTC.  Especially when you have other coins getting verified in 5 min.
October 11, 2014, 01:35:31 PM
Here is a tally of the number of iXcoin transaction over the last two weeks.

184 tx per day including the block reward
47 tx per day not including the block reward

By comparison, Bitcoin has 50,000-80,000 transactions per day. 

We need to work on ways to increase iXcoin transactions.

Activity: 280
October 10, 2014, 05:51:39 PM
Thx for pointing all this deadsea33. I stopped my reports a few days ago (too much work :S).

By the way, volume dropped a lot 2-3 days ago.

And another thing. There are selling bots in (on? I don't know yet the correct preposition) CEX that will stop selling when mining finishes. So price could stop dropping then.

I have one thing really clear. Next week if someone wants IXCs he/she will have to buy them. No more mining.

On your marks...
October 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

30K IXC left to mine.

You can now see the finish line.

Even now, this coin looks completely unpredictable.

One of  a kind.

Difficulty really dropped.  Not liking that....

It has for several merge mined coins, Devcoin, Namecoin, I0coin.  So I think it's just a pool doing some maintenance.  Temporary shutdown.  But we still can't be too complacent about getting our user base up.

legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 09, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

30K IXC left to mine.

You can now see the finish line.

Even now, this coin looks completely unpredictable.

One of  a kind.

Difficulty really dropped.  Not liking that....
October 08, 2014, 11:23:56 PM
Not to play devils advocate....

but the medici project has to be approved by the regulators. As I see it Overstock Ceo is understandably trying to combat practices like naked short selling so he is attempting to create his own stock market. It will be interesting to see if he is allowed to proceed. I'd be curious to read what Vlad has to say about this.

Also this technology will make trades VERY slow if it uses the blockchain while waiting for confirmations unlike the "regulated" stock market that favors high frequency trading.

We don't necessarily need to get medici, just something that is ambitious and has the promise to attract many users.  

I have mixed thoughts about it being approved by regulators.  I prefer platforms which aren't controlled and constrained by established institutions built for centralization.  But the opposite isn't necessarily good either.  I'm already hearing complaints about Counterparty like platforms having too many people starting scams and just cluttering the block chain.  

So what is the best middle ground?  Regulation may be too much.  Do we need a rating system to rank each start-up so users know which ones are trust worthy?  

Jump to: