Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 110. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 204
Merit: 250
October 08, 2014, 11:10:46 PM
I agree, keeping our code base current is priority over counterparty.

@JohnnyBTCSeed - Some good points to consider, from my viewpoint counterparty may be a nice idea, don't know how much work would be involved in adding it, just doing that will take some time I haven't had.  We've got other priorities right now, like getting the best possible merged-mining code into GitHub, fully tested and then built into binary releases for all of you.

While Ahmed is @ the hashers united convention, I'm focused on making the changes required to upgrade ixcoin to the latest bitcoin core code 0.9.3.  About 1/2 way through the /src directory and still have all the files in the src/qt directory to-do.  So far the list of issues that need additional time to make sure it's correct is very small, other stuff like the language files will have to be regenerated etc. etc...  Bitcoin core is in a state of rapid flux, with lots of new code being pulled into its base now, its hard to keep up.  Yet that is what I've agreed to work on.  Think we all can agree this is an important aspect to IXC, that we stay current with Bitcoin Core code from here onward.   See the counterparty stuff constantly being brought up as a 'got to have', that maybe true, but I don't think it should be the main focus, at least for right now.

GR

I totally agree the core iXcoin client updates come first.  In fact, the 0.9.x update is required for Counterparty to work anyway.  But my concern is that we still need more users.  More transactions.  So my point was we need to start on Counterparty, or something like it, in a month or so once the core client is working.  If we can get it deployed before too many other coins do then iXcoin could take the lead for this second generation financial platform.  Otherwise we'll be playing catch up again.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 08, 2014, 10:38:38 PM

There are only a few days left before iXCoin reaches terminal mining.

Thank you all for participating in the iXCoin experiment.

Go time?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 08, 2014, 08:35:28 PM

There are only a few days left before iXCoin reaches terminal mining.

Thank you all for participating in the iXCoin experiment.
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 08, 2014, 04:16:51 PM
I agree, keeping our code base current is priority over counterparty.

@JohnnyBTCSeed - Some good points to consider, from my viewpoint counterparty may be a nice idea, don't know how much work would be involved in adding it, just doing that will take some time I haven't had.  We've got other priorities right now, like getting the best possible merged-mining code into GitHub, fully tested and then built into binary releases for all of you.

While Ahmed is @ the hashers united convention, I'm focused on making the changes required to upgrade ixcoin to the latest bitcoin core code 0.9.3.  About 1/2 way through the /src directory and still have all the files in the src/qt directory to-do.  So far the list of issues that need additional time to make sure it's correct is very small, other stuff like the language files will have to be regenerated etc. etc...  Bitcoin core is in a state of rapid flux, with lots of new code being pulled into its base now, its hard to keep up.  Yet that is what I've agreed to work on.  Think we all can agree this is an important aspect to IXC, that we stay current with Bitcoin Core code from here onward.   See the counterparty stuff constantly being brought up as a 'got to have', that maybe true, but I don't think it should be the main focus, at least for right now.

GR
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
October 08, 2014, 03:28:11 PM
@JohnnyBTCSeed - Some good points to consider, from my viewpoint counterparty may be a nice idea, don't know how much work would be involved in adding it, just doing that will take some time I haven't had.  We've got other priorities right now, like getting the best possible merged-mining code into GitHub, fully tested and then built into binary releases for all of you.

While Ahmed is @ the hashers united convention, I'm focused on making the changes required to upgrade ixcoin to the latest bitcoin core code 0.9.3.  About 1/2 way through the /src directory and still have all the files in the src/qt directory to-do.  So far the list of issues that need additional time to make sure it's correct is very small, other stuff like the language files will have to be regenerated etc. etc...  Bitcoin core is in a state of rapid flux, with lots of new code being pulled into its base now, its hard to keep up.  Yet that is what I've agreed to work on.  Think we all can agree this is an important aspect to IXC, that we stay current with Bitcoin Core code from here onward.   See the counterparty stuff constantly being brought up as a 'got to have', that maybe true, but I don't think it should be the main focus, at least for right now.

GR
October 08, 2014, 11:02:27 AM
This is the kind of project that the iXcoin Foundation should lobby for on the grounds that iXcoin would have much cheaper commissions for users than Bitcoin.  We need Counterparty soon.

Overstock.com Seeks To Build New Stock Market using Counterparty
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/17110/overstock-com-seeks-build-new-stock-market/

"Using Counterparty’s decentralized exchange code, Byrne’s project, code-named “Medici” will allow large retailers to issue their corporate stock over the Internet using “cryptosecurity” software."

"Byrne took to the stage at Inside Bitcoins to bring attendees through the process of the incredibly centralized and, what he considers to be highly fraudulent, world of stock market trading and settlement."

"[Medici's] promise is to allow people to transfer value directly between each other, without going through 3rd party financial institutions."

October 08, 2014, 02:13:51 AM
Lots of activity on the block chain at the moment.  Many are from the high volume of trades, but others are just transactions.  That's what we need.

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/IXCoin?count=2016
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
October 08, 2014, 01:00:49 AM
A lot of Ixcoins up for sale on Cex.io right now.  500K plus.

I don't believe it.  I think it's a ghost order.

Anybody have a spare BTC to hit that massive order to see if it vanishes?
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 07, 2014, 08:42:16 PM
A lot of Ixcoins up for sale on Cex.io right now.  500K plus.
October 07, 2014, 05:44:46 PM
Appreciate you asking publicjud, yet don't seem to be more than a very few that interested in upgrading right now.

Have yet to see any in my debug log as peers, out of 8 connections for me, 5 are v0.8.6 and the last 3 are Thomas's old 0.3.24.30 edition.

All the versions carry these lines of code in their main.cpp source file:

int64_t GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64_t nFees)
{
    int64_t nSubsidy = 96 * COIN;

// Subsidy is cut in half every 218750 blocks, which will occur approximately every 4 years
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 210000);

//Hard limit to 21M Ixcoins
    if (nHeight >= 227499)
          nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

As I type this block 226642 is about to be mined, that leaves 857 blocks to go, before the nSubsidy goes to 0.

My guess is that it will be a non-event, except for the price.

GR

ETA: At 8 minutes per block that's about 115hrs from now.  I'll be updating the compressed bootstrap.dat file on that releases page shortly after it occurs.  Is everybody ok with 7Zip for the compression?  It gets it down to ~160MB.

ETA2: In the last 24hrs the average time/block was 10.59 minutes, so that would move the transition date out past 152hrs from now, it's probably going to be somewhere in there.
October 06, 2014, 11:08:19 PM
Where do I get the new client?

https://github.com/GroundRod/IXCoin/releases

The Ixcoin BootStrap.dat (3+years of bockchain) I made on Sept 28th, and the Win32-Setup executable, latest build there.
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
October 06, 2014, 09:02:54 PM
Where do I get the new client?

First Install the new client using the Win32 setup and get your blockchain up-to-date as well as install your wallet.dat file from previous versions.  Mine was originally a 0.3.24 wallet, then it was upgraded to an 0.8.6 version, either or seems to work just fine, at some point you might want to execute the -upgradewallet option when starting Ixcoin, this will bring all the internal wallet data structures up to the latest version.  The simple installer that comes with this release, does one more thing, besides just installing your new execuables, it also installs a registry key so that your operating sytsem knows what to do when you enter a URI into your browser.

Once the new client is installed on your system, simply click on the following link and enter your amount:
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
October 06, 2014, 07:04:00 PM
curious will you use eloipool or p2pool setup ? 
Ground Rod has been a big help in the conversion of the IXC code. doubt i couldve done it without him IMO. About my pool. It's almost ready. compiling clients of every algo i can find and hooking them up ready to begin mining to test them. That means i can text IXC soon on testnet myself.

Ahmed
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
October 06, 2014, 07:02:53 PM
the possible upside to p2pool keeping iX is making fees in the future
it costs nothing to keep the hardware/software in place they are using now.....

Why remove it ?

There won't be any point in p2poolers merge mining this coin then - am I right?  Sad

Not true.  CEX is the biggest merge mining pool and they will be merge mining IXC.

I'm speculating there will be fees to be collected by miners in the near future from iXCoin transactions.
Activity: 280
October 06, 2014, 11:34:32 AM

I missed that big run on CEX.

Did you see what blocks were being bought at that price?

Reason is, I told a huge industry player to buy up those massive blocks on CEX but I don't know if he did.  Would be nice if he did cause it could mean he may help us out.  Which could mean IXC is going to paypal, CEX support or not.

I don't understand your question... what blocks were being bought? All of them up to 14910 Cheesy

I can say that it wasn't an "instabuy", it was slow (around 15-20 min) and I helped cleaning the tiny orders just to see how far the push was going to.

BTW, there's a good sell order at 15000, 8000 IXC. If someone wants to load a decent amount he will find that order at that price.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
October 06, 2014, 11:11:27 AM
Yesterday we had the 2nd IXC CEX party. I hope you enjoyed it.

We went up to 14910 (1000 sats more than the previous max) and with higher volume than that other day.

A couple of days to rest now? Who knows.

Btw, new prices above 9000 sats. And only 54000 coins to finish mining.

I missed that big run on CEX.

Did you see what blocks were being bought at that price?

Reason is, I told a huge industry player to buy up those massive blocks on CEX but I don't know if he did.  Would be nice if he did cause it could mean he may help us out.  Which could mean IXC is going to paypal, CEX support or not.
Activity: 280
October 06, 2014, 10:33:12 AM
Yesterday we had the 2nd IXC CEX party. I hope you enjoyed it.

We went up to 14910 (1000 sats more than the previous max) and with higher volume than that other day.

A couple of days to rest now? Who knows.

Btw, new prices above 9000 sats. And only 54000 coins to finish mining.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
October 06, 2014, 07:16:46 AM
I use p2pool to mine BTC, LTC, GRP, DVC, IXC, I0C, CLC and XGG all at once.

But, when I got my first Neptune miner, I thought the miner was broken because I could only get one terahash. Switching to mmpool I got 3.4 terahashes. So even using a nice server for my p2pool and spreading my altcoin daemons across three servers I somehow was not able to get my full hashrate.

Thus I now point my Neptunes at mmpool and just use my Saturn and some butterfly labs miners to mine at my p2pool.

I'd love to find out how to "fix" my p2pool though to make it able to handle Neptunes. I wonder if using solid state disks would help? Hmm...

-MarkM-

I'm just curious,  if you have your own p2pool then I gather you aren't mining in some other pool and therefore equivalently solo-mining?     Or can you connect p2pool to another pool?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
October 06, 2014, 06:37:15 AM

I'd love to find out how to "fix" my p2pool though to make it able to handle Neptunes. I wonder if using solid state disks would help? Hmm...

-MarkM-

Using SSD's won't help I'm afraid, the Neptunes are known not to be p2pool compatible. There is a shortage of hardware that works efficiently with p2pool atm. Currently, the only miners of any size that are p2pool friendly are all Spondoolies units & the Bitmain S1's & S3's. I have had Bitmain testing the S4 on my p2pool node - it's an abomination, like the S2 was, but worse  Sad. Technobit have told me that they are working on a firmware fix for p2pool, but I'm not holding my breath.... Wink
October 06, 2014, 02:57:23 AM
nice to see the necessary changes were made !!

i looked over the commits / looks solid 

i know the btc team has multiple people build their exe files from source / when i get a chance i will complete a second build
Thanks much, and sounds good.

i assume all the latest tools were used (as suggested by nitrogenetics directions) i would use for bitcoin / just let me know if you used older versions of anything. will complete in a few days.
Yes, the win32-setup I built didn't have the 9/28 updates, so tonight upgraded miniupnpc to the latest, and QT to 5.3.2, rebuilt the source and everything went smooth.  Should be good to go with the latest toolchain.

@mmpool - Fantastic to hear we have more miners supporting Ixc, really important right now, thanks for posting!  Cool

GR
Jump to: