Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 135. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
August 05, 2014, 12:03:56 PM
When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer

What is the amount that is needed for this? Anyone?
-we also should expect Thomas to check in at the end of the month as per his track record, & maybe we can get him to donate some to the community take over development funds.

And who all controls the donation addresses? (in case, heaven forbid, Vlad gets hit by bus)

as an aside, we've had 4 part time devs so far right? each doing an update, so it makes sense for someone new to carry the torch.

1&2 Thomas and Fred (prob more Fred then Thomas)
3 doublec
4 Friction

I've begun (More like 3/4 coded) an update to the IXC Source based off sidhujang's BTC-MM 0.9.2 codebase. If i get it completed im going to aim to keep it up to date with BTC.

GOOD NEWS.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
August 05, 2014, 11:15:04 AM
When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer

What is the amount that is needed for this? Anyone?
-we also should expect Thomas to check in at the end of the month as per his track record, & maybe we can get him to donate some to the community take over development funds.

And who all controls the donation addresses? (in case, heaven forbid, Vlad gets hit by bus)

as an aside, we've had 4 part time devs so far right? each doing an update, so it makes sense for someone new to carry the torch.

1&2 Thomas and Fred (prob more Fred then Thomas)
3 doublec
4 Friction

I've begun (More like 3/4 coded) an update to the IXC Source based off sidhujang's BTC-MM 0.9.2 codebase. If i get it completed im going to aim to keep it up to date with BTC.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
August 05, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

Anyone notice the hash rates today.

Bitcoin      106,178,866 GH/sec
Devcoin      83,505,739 GH/sec
Ixcoin       108,288,269 GH/sec
Namecoin    87,211,411 GH/sec

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
August 04, 2014, 05:43:53 PM

Announcement:

Due to the lack of funds and active programming skills I am announcing a hold on all iXcoin development.  This way the community doesn't constantly ask and wait for something to happen when clearly, nothing has changed.

When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer who can and will devote his/her time and effort solely to iXcoin.  Until then I'm sorry to say we will simply sit and wait.  Well, that's all we've been doing for the past 4 months even though bounties were paid out.

Frictionless, if you could please return the bounty you collected, to whomever donated it, that would be much appreciated.

If anyone wishes to donate any iXcoin [or Bitcoin] to the development fund please use the address below.  Thank you all for your understanding, patience and support.

Best Regards,

Vlad

iXcoin Donation Address: xmvs1S55N5v1TN6xxWtxC9HaQPieBpAsQv

Bitcoin Donation Address for iXcoin development fund: 14RKvAdQsdneAKZmkBAntoDhx7Rkx8Yewe

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
August 02, 2014, 04:39:23 PM
deadsea, are you looking to make a paper wallet just to experiment only for yourself or one that can function for everyone
Well, I was hoping at least in a paper wallet....

Just an info: since some here are getting ready to buy very cheap ixc , Cex.io exchange has planned to add ixc/usd in a few weeks. Once the fiat exchange comes out from beta testing, we should see an increased volume on Cex.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 02, 2014, 12:59:52 AM
I am going to let it play. I want to see what happens when the coins are mined out.

Eventually I may update iX to 9.2  , now after more study I am pretty confident I can pull it off. Aux pow and all.

Since others involved with the coin mining seem to be in no hurry to state what their plans are or to bring out other updates that were to be complete a long time ago I am in no hurry to code updates or fix known issues in the present code.

I am not in this for the money or the coins, just the lulz.

+ 1
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
August 01, 2014, 11:01:53 PM
I am going to let it play. I want to see what happens when the coins are mined out.

Eventually I may update iX to 9.2  , now after more study I am pretty confident I can pull it off. Aux pow and all.

Since others involved with the coin mining seem to be in no hurry to state what their plans are or to bring out other updates that were to be complete a long time ago I am in no hurry to code updates or fix known issues in the present code.

I am not in this for the money or the coins, just the lulz.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
August 01, 2014, 07:28:17 PM
@JohnnyBTCSeed  - thanks for that, seems spot on...

There are lots of devs here, including me.
I don't understand the purpose of this coin yet.
What is it?

To do the things which Bitcoin can NOT...

Good one, I like that!

Its part of the grand experiment, no doubt about it.  Just ran the numbers, current block is 215866, hard coded last block is 227499, so 11633 blocks to go, before mining new coins ends (~558K coins), that would be ~1800hrs or 72 days from now, if the block time is 8.9 minutes(just a wild guess, I didn't look it up).

Expect volatility, it can be a good thing, if you own a few of these increasingly rare gems.  Ixc has inspired me to learn about how to build wallets from source & focused my goals on the issues involved in this upgrade.  Anyone who can do that for the BitCoin Core 9.2.x has a shot at this, Ixcoin is 99+% the same code, we just have to be absolutely certain to get the merged mining code absolutely correct, if it was easy someone in the NMC, DVC or I0C community would have it already, as far as I can tell they don't.

The way I see it, what happens to Ixcoin, is a time marker, one that will echo what can be expected to happen to Bitcoin many years from now when all those coins have been mined, and I'm old enough to know that its a pretty good chance I'll be dead by then, so what happens here with Ixcoin interests me very much.

Only a small investor, that bounty would push my share in the coins up over 30x, although I'm aware that the likelihood of my achieving it's full reward, before someone else gets there is near zero, being part of a team on this project is not out of the question, so attempting to learn the basics about crypto building & coding conventions, I've multiple decades of hardware & C/C++ experience, yet rusty might be the best word to describe where I'm at, brushing up those skills now, to hopefully be useful on this project.

GR

If you want to take a crack at the 0.9.2 upgrade, then go ahead.   If you got any questions,  then don't hesitate to ask me.   I did the port of the 0.8.6 version but really don't have the bandwidth to work on the 0.9.2 upgrade.

It however would be a good learning experience. 
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
August 01, 2014, 01:41:33 PM
@JohnnyBTCSeed  - thanks for that, seems spot on...

What is it?

Good one, I like that!

Its part of the grand experiment, no doubt about it.  Just ran the numbers, current block is 215866, hard coded last block is 227499, so 11633 blocks to go, before mining new coins ends (~558K coins), that would be ~1800hrs or 72 days from now, if the block time is 8.9 minutes(just a wild guess, I didn't look it up).

Expect volatility, it can be a good thing, if you own a few of these increasingly rare gems.  Ixc has inspired me to learn about how to build wallets from source & focused my goals on the issues involved in this upgrade.  Anyone who can do that for the BitCoin Core 9.2.x has a shot at this, Ixcoin is 99+% the same code, we just have to be absolutely certain to get the merged mining code absolutely correct, if it was easy someone in the NMC, DVC or I0C community would have it already, as far as I can tell they don't.

The way I see it, what happens to Ixcoin, is a time marker, one that will echo what can be expected to happen to Bitcoin many years from now when all those coins have been mined, and I'm old enough to know that its a pretty good chance I'll be dead by then, so what happens here with Ixcoin interests me very much.

Only a small investor, that bounty would push my share in the coins up over 30x, although I'm aware that the likelihood of my achieving it's full reward, before someone else gets there is near zero, being part of a team on this project is not out of the question, so attempting to learn the basics about crypto building & coding conventions, I've multiple decades of hardware & C/C++ experience, yet rusty might be the best word to describe where I'm at, brushing up those skills now, to hopefully be useful on this project.

GR
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 01, 2014, 01:23:20 AM

What is it?

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
August 01, 2014, 12:31:58 AM
Hi unicode,

Are you a dev?
Are you offering to update the code from 0.8.6 to 0.9.2.1?
Do you have the skills to make it happen?
If so, are you ok with the bounty of 50k?

What is it?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
July 31, 2014, 09:00:09 AM
i think i can handle it but don't have a server to host it on
www.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/ixcoin

Anybody able to use and set Abe, making a new iXcoin blockchain explorer with it?

Thank you cinnamon and deadsea for stepping up, you guys rock.

Looks like we need a server?

I have set up block explorers for other coins.  Is there a reason IXC needs another block explorer?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 31, 2014, 03:31:46 AM

So this is nearly dead?
Who is the active dev?

Active dev?

Hahahhaaaa.

iXcoin has never had such a thing.  Ever.  

I'm the closest thing to an active anything but unfortunately, I am [a riddler] not a coder.
July 31, 2014, 03:15:05 AM

Forewarning to the iXcoin Community:

Most of you here bought into iXcoin cause of me so I feel the need to be open with you.  Almost all alts have been in a freefall for well over a month now and [as selling begets selling] it only seems to be getting worse.  

iXcoin, for the most part, was pretty immune from this freefall, holding steady at a market cap of roughly $1 million.  But over the last couple weeks it seems like iXcoin technicals have started to break down.

That's all fine and good but there's something else that worries me and I don't want to see those loyal to iXcoin get blindsided.  Communication from some of our partner(s) and board member(s) has been extremely lacking....heck, I'll be honest, it has been piss-poor.

Without naming names, to maintain a certain level of professionalism and grant the benefit of doubt, I now have to question the sudden choice to go dark - total utter silence - without the decency of a single response to an email or message.

Perhaps these individuals are too busy or perhaps they simply don't care about iXcoin enough to pay any attention or perhaps their plans have changed.  But one has to also wonder [and expect] that perhaps some people want the price of iXcoin to implode.

My worry is that combined with poor technicals, the price of iXcoin may indeed collapse like that of most alt-coins already have [or worse].

I wanted to give you a heads up ahead of time just in case that happens - you are all free thinking men and women so make your own investment decisions but you can be sure, if the price of iXcoin collapses [and I smell manipulation] I will start selling my body parts [if necessary] to buy more iXcoin, cause I really am sick of the games I have seen played out for over a year now.

Best wishes to all,

Vlad

So this is nearly dead?
Who is the active dev?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 31, 2014, 01:41:05 AM
Thanks for the update.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 31, 2014, 01:08:19 AM

Forewarning to the iXcoin Community:

Most of you here bought into iXcoin cause of me so I feel the need to be open with you.  Almost all alts have been in a freefall for well over a month now and [as selling begets selling] it only seems to be getting worse.  

iXcoin, for the most part, was pretty immune from this freefall, holding steady at a market cap of roughly $1 million.  But over the last couple weeks it seems like iXcoin technicals have started to break down.

That's all fine and good but there's something else that worries me and I don't want to see those loyal to iXcoin get blindsided.  Communication from some of our partner(s) and board member(s) has been extremely lacking....heck, I'll be honest, it has been piss-poor.

Without naming names, to maintain a certain level of professionalism and grant the benefit of doubt, I now have to question the sudden choice to go dark - total utter silence - without the decency of a single response to an email or message.

Perhaps these individuals are too busy or perhaps they simply don't care about iXcoin enough to pay any attention or perhaps their plans have changed.  But one has to also wonder [and expect] that perhaps some people want the price of iXcoin to implode.

My worry is that combined with poor technicals, the price of iXcoin may indeed collapse like that of most alt-coins already have [or worse].

I wanted to give you a heads up ahead of time just in case that happens - you are all free thinking men and women so make your own investment decisions but you can be sure, if the price of iXcoin collapses [and I smell manipulation] I will start selling my body parts [if necessary] to buy more iXcoin, cause I really am sick of the games I have seen played out for over a year now.

Best wishes to all,

Vlad
July 30, 2014, 08:58:06 PM
Is there a list of dev bounties somewhere?

Sorry if I missed it.

Thank you!
legendary
July 30, 2014, 08:41:55 PM
Thanks Friction.
Does it mean the IXC sent to that address are lost forever?

Yes,  the private key for the address that you generated is unknown.

Activity: 87
July 30, 2014, 07:24:09 PM
Thanks Friction.
Does it mean the IXC sent to that address are lost forever?

dorksea my friend,  unfortunately the answer is yes.
legendary
July 30, 2014, 03:35:31 PM

I believe an alternative way to store our IXC are paper wallets.

I used http://cryptolife.net/upwg

On "Setup" I set the value on 136, then I went to "single Wallet" and click on "Generate new address" till I got an address starting with x.

I sent IXC to the generated address

Everything seems fine: the amount of IXC is in the blockchain

Now I want to recover them, importing the address in my wallet

I opened the last ixcoin wallet (0.8.6), I went to "Help", then "Debug Window", "Console"

I wrote:

walletpassphrase "mywalletpassphrase" 600

(600=seconds the encryption of the wallet will be disabled)

Then I wrote:

importprivkey "mysecretprivatekey" "nameofthewallet"

The answer always is:

Invalid private key (code -5)

Have you any suggestion to make it work?

Thanks

Use 138 not 136.
Jump to: