Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 137. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
July 23, 2014, 10:23:39 PM
It's saddening my heart to see the iXcoin folks still hoping for me to revive this sunken project back to life.  I am not God.

How many aliases do you have?

Nobody expects you to revive anything.

The only thing expected is for you to execute your end of an agreement when you accept payment for a service you promise in the timeline you promised.

No reviving needed - leave that up to everyone else.  

Regards...
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 23, 2014, 07:29:38 PM
It's saddening my heart to see the iXcoin folks still hoping for me to revive this sunken project back to life.  I am not God.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR
July 23, 2014, 06:17:52 PM
all have jobs to do, but a commitment is a commitment.
I understand from the point of view of working person

but also understand the position of Vlad because I like a person passionate about what he does and it shows decided.
so I invested in ixc

will need to find a developer with more dedication and thank you for the work received and tries to solve the discomfort of the foundation

luck
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
July 23, 2014, 12:42:33 PM

I can publicly say that Friction is neither communicating with You in this forum nor with the members of IXC Foundation.

His right to be part of IXc Foundation has been already questioned by single members of the Board.

The Board of Directors will take in consideration his case at the next meeting.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We need to move forward, we hope he will clarify his position soon for your and his benefit, since he received money in advance (15k IXC from members of this community, if I remember well)  to accomplish a job (counterparty) and offered himself to update the source code for other 50k IXC (offered by Nasakioto, but only at the end of the job).

Thanks for your patience

I've been on vacation.

Yes, 15k IXC has been donated for the Counterparty port and 50K IXC was pledged for the 0.9.2 port.  The Counterparty port is partially dependent on the 0.9.2 port.

Development takes time,  the IXC donations/pledges are all nice, however they aren't sufficient to pay my daily bills.  So like everyone else, I have a day job which of course takes precendence over other development commitments.

IXC does have long term promise,  however you have to temper your expectations with regards to technical updates.  Remember,  IXC survived 3 years without *any* update.  

Friction, I think we have been very patient and our expectations cannot possibly go any lower.

Your communication has been gravely lacking and your reliability has been nearly as bad as Thomas' which is nearly non-existent.

And this has not gone on for the last 2 weeks but for many months.

When the foundation board seat was offered to you it was made clear that certain duties and timely responsibilities would be expected and required of you, as well as everyone else.

You have been the only one which, for nearly 2 months now, has failed to as much as answer emails, let alone pitch in any kind of time, skill or effort without being paid ahead of time.

I'm not sure you understand what an open source dev is.  Nor do I think iXcoin is a real priority for you in any way.  I think ixCoin is just a quick way to make some cash on the side while you focus on your personal projects.

We all have other important things to do yet we all find the time to put in some effort - you are the only one who has failed to do this again and again.

We also paid you very handsomely for the last update afterwhich time you were double paid for the same job by Thomas which has proven beyond a doubt to be incompetent and lacking on every level.

At that time your pay for that mostly i0Coin copy and paste job, which took 5 months to complete, was over $5,000.  That, for an open source dev is obscene yet I did not demand the community coins back, I let you keep the double pay thinking you'd be grateful and put in more effort in the next update but of course that never happened.

Due to your consistent display of selfishness, undependable nature and failure to uphold your most basic duties as an iXcoin Foundation board member I hereby put up for vote your removal from the board.

I am doing this publicly because I also want to get the opinions of the people here who have also been let down.

Cause let's face it, you have acted like nothing more than a hired hand this entire time.  And hired help we can overpay at any time and at the very least hold them responsible for missed deadlines.  

Thank you for the work you have completed so far on iXcoin.

Good luck to you and your [obviously] more urgent personal projects.

Regards...

Vlad

I don't think I was paid any where near 'double' that you claim I was paid from the only update to IXC in 3 years.  Deadsea and Thomas paid the bounty they offered in the beginning and you only paid a fraction of the bounty you promised.   To compound the issue, it took Thomas month to eventually pay up on the bounty.

Nor did it take 5 months to complete.  Look at the timelines on the GitHub repository.  

I think you fail to realize how much it costs to do development.   In fact, not only have I've done development,  I've also created the www.ixcoin.co website when there was none for IXC.  I offered to several folks an opportunity to manage that website,  of course like everyone else, they were time constrained.

Now regarding the 0.9.2 upgrade,  the changes (as mentioned by cinamon) are more significant than expected.   This again will take time to do right.     If you think it is a 'cut and paste job', then I suggest you take up Thomas on his offer for the 50K IXC bounty.   It isn't that simple,  if it were the devs at NMC and DVC would have also made that transition by now.

I think everyone wants to see IXC explode to the moon, but let's be realistic here,  BTC itself has been stagnant for a while now.   In fact, relative to most every other alt-coin,  IXC has done relatively well. 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 23, 2014, 11:51:51 AM

I can publicly say that Friction is neither communicating with You in this forum nor with the members of IXC Foundation.

His right to be part of IXc Foundation has been already questioned by single members of the Board.

We need to move forward, we hope he will clarify his position soon for your and his benefit, since he received money in advance (15k IXC from members of this community, if I remember well)  to accomplish a job (counterparty) and offered himself to update the source code for other 50k IXC (offered by Nasakioto, but only at the end of the job).

Thanks for your patience

I've been on vacation.

Yes, 15k IXC has been donated for the Counterparty port and 50K IXC was pledged for the 0.9.2 port.  The Counterparty port is partially dependent on the 0.9.2 port.

Development takes time,  the IXC donations/pledges are all nice, however they aren't sufficient to pay my daily bills.  So like everyone else, I have a day job which of course takes precendence over other development commitments.

IXC does have long term promise,  however you have to temper your expectations with regards to technical updates.  Remember,  IXC survived 3 years without *any* update.  

Friction, I think we have been very patient and our expectations cannot possibly go any lower.

Your communication has been gravely lacking and your reliability has been nearly as bad as Thomas' which is nearly non-existent.

And this has not gone on for the last 2 weeks but for many months.

When the foundation board seat was offered to you it was made clear that certain duties and timely responsibilities would be expected and required of you, as well as everyone else.

You have been the only one which, for nearly 2 months now, has failed to as much as answer emails, let alone pitch in any kind of time, skill or effort without being paid ahead of time.

I'm not sure you understand what an open source dev is.  Nor do I think iXcoin is a real priority for you in any way.  I think ixCoin is just a quick way to make some cash on the side while you focus on your personal projects.

We all have other important things to do yet we all find the time to put in some effort - you are the only one who has failed to do this again and again.

We also paid you very handsomely for the last update afterwhich time you were double paid for the same job by Thomas which has proven beyond a doubt to be incompetent and lacking on every level.

At that time your pay for that mostly i0Coin copy and paste job, which took 5 months to complete, was over $5,000.  That, for an open source dev is obscene yet I did not demand the community coins back, I let you keep the double pay thinking you'd be grateful and put in more effort in the next update but of course that never happened.

Due to your consistent display of selfishness, undependable nature and failure to uphold your most basic duties as an iXcoin Foundation board member I hereby put up for vote your removal from the board.

I am doing this publicly because I also want to get the opinions of the people here who have also been let down.

Cause let's face it, you have acted like nothing more than a hired hand this entire time.  And hired help we can overpay at any time and at the very least hold them responsible for missed deadlines.  

Thank you for the work you have completed so far on iXcoin.

Good luck to you and your [obviously] more urgent personal projects.

Regards...

Vlad

legendary
July 23, 2014, 11:27:16 AM

Thanks for your patience

I've been on vacation.

Yes, 15k IXC has been donated for the Counterparty port and 50K IXC was pledged for the 0.9.2 port.  The Counterparty port is partially dependent on the 0.9.2 port.

Development takes time,  the IXC donations/pledges are all nice, however they aren't sufficient to pay my daily bills.  So like everyone else, I have a day job which of course takes precendence over other development commitments.

IXC does have long term promise,  however you have to temper your expectations with regards to technical updates.  Remember,  IXC survived 3 years without *any* update. 
legendary
July 23, 2014, 11:17:44 AM
HEY FRICTION!!!

you do realize that the ixcoin community that YOU have helped to build would like to share in your success's and failures updating the code. It's kinda feeling like you are shutting us out. Shit man, setup a github for some techie conversations or whatever and let some of the capable folks who look in from time to time help out.

I've seen your post history; 6 months ago you were really posting alot, didja burn out? Can I buy you a beer? Do you need a hug?

The GitHub repo for iXcoin 8.6 is here:  https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin

If anyone wants to contribute, they can fork the repo.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 23, 2014, 10:25:50 AM
seems like ixcoin went to the moon,  like vlad2vlad has been preaching for years.  

oh wait, it's still low but this time it's dead for real Sad

ixcoin overall volume (24h):   $ 305    

Huh Cry
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
July 22, 2014, 09:44:38 PM
Ok where is frictionlesscoin?

...after reading those latest posts (mucho thanks people) figured ignore the extreme danger warning on his 8.6 wallet and install it on top of my 0.3 wallet after a backup.  We need to get this changed asap on:
http://www.ixcoin.co/?page_id=21

iXcoin 0.8.6
This implementation is still undergoing testing.  Please use with extreme caution.

Hell I never bothered, after reading that----until now.

I agree this should be cleared up.  There is no further need for the extreme caution warning now, is there?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
July 21, 2014, 11:08:32 PM
no disrespect but iX is much more accepted and traded by the public around the world

i0 is traded only on vircurex since the other exchange that had them delisted the coin

I am not familiar with i0 or how active it's development is but there are a lot of big plans underway for updates to iX

There are other reasons I feel iX is a better investment beyond price and present use

This information is from private research I have done with a few other people.

while I hold a small amount of IXC, I have long been of the view IO coin is the better chain due to the better launch and other features, and gain a large hash security.

I would highly recommend that IXC coiner re-balance holdings largely into IOC.

I even like the name as it is similar to .io and also like a 1/0
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 21, 2014, 10:31:06 AM
while I hold a small amount of IXC, I have long been of the view IO coin is the better chain due to the better launch and other features, and gain a large hash security.

I would highly recommend that IXC coiner re-balance holdings largely into IOC.

I even like the name as it is similar to .io and also like a 1/0
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
July 21, 2014, 09:35:16 AM
based on what i see here i0 has no updates in about 8 months,

https://github.com/rsnel/i0coin/tree/i0coin-0.8.x/src

am i looking at the wrong source code?

nope thats the right code.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 21, 2014, 06:32:46 AM
Examining daily what happens on Cex.io, Cryptsy and Vircurex, I can summarise the story this way:

- twice a week big buyers come in and buy all they can up to 20,30,50,70% the normal price (see cex a few days ago, even Vircurex, see cryptsy during the last 24h), then they leave

- after one day sellers start to panick again, selling again +/- for the original price

- in 3-4 days the harvest time comes again

Now, if they played this game once, ok, you made me fool, but if they do it twice a week, I mean, if I fall into it all the times, maybe I deserve it a little bit.

IXC holders are impatient. What can I say?

Welcome aboard new investors,

sorry for the ones leaving.

So we have big buyers but the coin doesn't go up. As you said it seems there are people accumulating IXCs... why? Do they know something? Do they think that IXC is undervalued?

Anyway, IXC comes back to 0.00007 again and again (CEX hit 0.0000615 yesterday...)

Interesting to follow, at least.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
July 20, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
based on what i see here i0 has no updates in about 8 months,

https://github.com/rsnel/i0coin/tree/i0coin-0.8.x/src

am i looking at the wrong source code?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 20, 2014, 10:58:48 PM
Got it,

Absolutely right about needing a dev team here, keeping current seems important.  Would say the lead position is open, but have no idea what the foundation is doing, several of you here sure could have my vote.  Will help if I can too...

Friction rarely answers my emails or PM's and he's rarely here so yeah, the lead Developer position is absolutely open to any dev who can be active.

Much appreciated.
July 20, 2014, 09:41:11 PM
Got it,

Absolutely right about needing a dev team here, keeping current seems important.  Would say the lead position is open, but have no idea what the foundation is doing, several of you here sure could have my vote.  Will help if I can too...
I'd be willing to help sadly Myriadcoin is my priority atm aswell as helping out various other coins who wish to add merged mining. Due to that it means i will help IXC just not enough for a lead roll
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
July 20, 2014, 09:37:53 PM
Got it,

July 20, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
I0Coin has been updated to 0.8.6 and so has IXCoin what i was saying was the reason I0Coin is now quite easy to update is rsnel pulls in updates from BTC in small batches a version at a time and applied it to I0C to upgrade it. The IXC dev should be doing the same as it should reduce the work needed to bring IXC to as close to inline with BTC as possible
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
July 20, 2014, 09:09:29 PM
Ok where is frictionlesscoin?

...after reading those latest posts (mucho thanks people) figured ignore the extreme danger warning on his 8.6 wallet and install it on top of my 0.3 wallet after a backup.  We need to get this changed asap on:
http://www.ixcoin.co/?page_id=21

iXcoin 0.8.6
This implementation is still undergoing testing.  Please use with extreme caution.

Hell I never bothered, after reading that----until now.

@theMoment...My IXCoin wallet is reindexing from disk, so far this 8.6 upgrade is working flawlessly....a big improvement over the 0.3 code I've been using all this time. 

@kraizi - Not sure I agree that a Counterparty update is more important right now, some (most?) of us are still on the v0.3 code clients.  What I want right now is coin control and a new logo....

upgrade complete...IXC now on Block 214155...my new wallet upgrade appears to be ready and willing.  Smiley
IXCoin llines of code from main.cpp:
Code:
//Hard limit to 21M Ixcoins
if (nHeight >= 227499)
nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;

...very few blocks left to mine.

Ok could be totally messed up here, but been looking at these merged mining aux pow & then the newer chainparams.cpp/h coding issues and thinking crap, that does look like it could be THE most important upgrade part to get absolutely right....it was also starting to look like allot of work.  So just now downloaded Frictionlesscoin's version of the source and will start to get an idea of what that version level of things looks like, just guessing that what your saying is there is an 8.6 version of bitcoin that is still well maintained, this is what most developers have been using, bitcoin 9.2 introduces a new level software interface & things like merged mining just hasnt been brought up to the newest standard, or perhaps it has in the I0 coin, nobody knows where that source might be found?

Does that sound about right?  I'm still wondering, because after looking at Namecoin's latest source and then Devcoin's as well, it appeared to me that neither coin source has upgraded their code to more than that 8.6 level, neither appear to be using the new chainparams.cpp/h coding conventions anyway.  For me this has become a crash coarse in crypto code history.

GR

July 20, 2014, 02:27:34 PM
honestly I am not familiar with where i0 coins development is right now although I have a few i0 coins laying around

If i0 is current with btc then it would be a much easier job to update iX to the 9.2 client.

I am not the person who is working on that so my comments were my own thoughts on how I would have to approach it.

The only differences  really from i0 and ix i know of are the difficulty retarget system, magic number value, block spacing, reward system ect.....

iX seems to be much more in use and traded/mined ect..... higher difficulty too last time I checked

i0 is more current with BTC than any other merge mined coin correct. So thats why i think that should be used.  It would also make upgrading to the 9.2 client the easiest

i0coin was used as a baseline for the latest iXcoin client.  Both wallets are at v0.8.6.  I haven't seen v0.9.2 yet.  i0coin dev site still shows 0.8.6-1 as lastest http://i0coin.snel.it/

yeah im aware of that. (im using that client myself on my merged mining pool) That just means theres no reason for it being hard to upgrade to v0.9.2 by following the bitcoin versions from 0.8.6 ti 0.9.2
Jump to: