Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 140. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
July 13, 2014, 03:28:55 AM
And please don't say off chain transactions cause that's just not gonna fly.  I'm actually shocked that experts like Eroc Voorhees think off chain transactions will actually work given that would be essentially bypassing Athe BlockChain which is the heart of Bitcoin.  

So tell me what you think Bitcoin is gonna do in the next 6-12 months as transactions per second blow up.
No idea.  I hope they either lift the limit entirely, or make it float so that max block size for a given period is e.g. max( 1MB, 4 * median block size of prior period ), resetting on e.g. the same 2016-block cycle as difficulty.  I suspect lifting the limit entirely would be too controversial so something floating will be decided on.

Lifting the limit would be trivial in and of itself; the problem is much bigger than that.

See, "loaded" Bitcoin blocks don't propagate as well as "empty" blocks which is why Bitcoin's transaction limit is at around 7 per second. They're gonna need much more than that very soon.

If only Bitcoin was fully mature [or another coin just like it].

Guess what:  iXcoin is going to have empty blocks in a few months so it will then be able to literally handle many more transactions per second than Bitcoin [while being merge mined with Bitcoin ("magic numbers")] time tested and very widely distributed.

You understand programming much better than me so I'm sure you can figure out what could happen next to solve Bitcoin's transaction limit problem.

There must be a good reason the likes of CEX.io has such an interest in iXcoin.
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
July 13, 2014, 12:18:09 AM
And please don't say off chain transactions cause that's just not gonna fly.  I'm actually shocked that experts like Eroc Voorhees think off chain transactions will actually work given that would be essentially bypassing Athe BlockChain which is the heart of Bitcoin.  

So tell me what you think Bitcoin is gonna do in the next 6-12 months as transactions per second blow up.
No idea.  I hope they either lift the limit entirely, or make it float so that max block size for a given period is e.g. max( 1MB, 4 * median block size of prior period ), resetting on e.g. the same 2016-block cycle as difficulty.  I suspect lifting the limit entirely would be too controversial so something floating will be decided on.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
July 12, 2014, 07:11:59 PM
October doomsday

Volume 24h $ 2154   
Why wait for doomsday if ixcoin doomsday is every day? Cheesy

~CfA~
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 12, 2014, 01:14:34 PM
I would pay for some high quality physical iXcoins.  At least for the commemorative value.
Lol.

The irony would be that they'd only accept BTC for payment.  But of course, it's not gonna happen even with that sweetener.

That's a good point, but Bitcoin is still king so I'm ok with it [for now].

You sound like a programmer so tell me, what's Bitcoin's answer to its transaction size limit?  They'll soon need to be able to handle way more transactions.  

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 12, 2014, 12:44:04 PM
Less than 2.5BTC on CEX.io and value would go up to 0.0001.

Days ago it was more than 7BTC to get the same mark.

Believe Vlad or not. But IXC is going up hardly before that October doomsday (I don't think doomsday will arrive then anyway).
donator
July 12, 2014, 08:57:11 AM
I would pay for some high quality physical iXcoins.  At least for the commemorative value.
Lol.

The irony would be that they'd only accept BTC for payment.  But of course, it's not gonna happen even with that sweetener.
donator
July 12, 2014, 08:54:58 AM

Suggestion for the Community:

I'm thinking of starting a new thread given Thomas is here only once every 3-6 months.
Thomas - isn't he the smart dude who gave himself mucho coinz.  And is now sitting on his ass, waiting for the Vlads of this world to give his few remaining coinz value?

Clever, but the boat has sailed.  He's dumped most of his premine for BTC, as would anyone.  That's the real goal after all.
If we start getting a lot of new investors coming in we really need an OP we have access to.
Lol, new investors?  Vlad, the value keeps going down.  And the moment of death, when no one bothers to mine any more since the free money runs out, October,  is getting nearer not further away.
As it is iXcoin appears fragmented.  3 different websites, 2 different GitHubs with one being a copy of i0Coin and so on.

The main wallet, people are directed to is still the version that won't even compile. This really makes us look incompetent.

If we want to have major investors looking at us we need to get more organized and whoever the OP is has to be in constant communication and it doesn't appear Thomas cares to give us even 1 appearance per week.

If the majority here think this is a good idea I'll start a new thread and try to clean up some of the confusion.
Come on, stop pretending anyone is even bothering to do the easy job of syncing the code with bitcoin - piggy backing on all their real work - never mind doing something original.

At a total value of < $1m, mostly owned by scammers, I wish you luck incentivising others.  Maybe they're in short supply nowadays, competition for suckers is thick!
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
July 12, 2014, 03:00:35 AM
Weren't we supposed to be switching threads so that we can shoo-shoo the poo poo?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 12, 2014, 12:46:31 AM

The web-presence could use some more organization.  

The page that you're directed to from Coinmarketcap http://www.ixcoin.co/ is the de facto hub at the moment, it could use some updating -links to the other iXcoin sites.

Also it should be made more clear what preferred wallet is.  You are right that if you want to attract new people you need to inspire confidence.  New users can be quite nervous about losing their money.

Foundation site looks good. www.ixcF.tk  Basic information concisely and clearly presented is all that is needed.  The Bitcoin Foundation site is pretty basic https://bitcoinfoundation.org/.

Small thing but is this part on the Foundation front page- 'Be sure to use the last version or your personal wallet. Click on the link below to get it.'  meant to be 'Be sure to use the latest version for your personal wallet.'?

That ixc foundation site is just a place holder.  We plan to update it when we get the budget and move it to its final location:  iXcoinFoundation.org.

Very legit-like.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 12, 2014, 12:44:46 AM
Does any business actually accept IXC for payment?

I hope we can buy some nice-looking Lealana physical iXcoins someday. Smiley  

(They'd probably need to be 1000 IXC denomination at the current valuation.) Smiley

Me too.  Need to decide on what symbol should be used first though, do we?  

I think so.  Then again, it may be worth more later on.  The pre-success iXcoin - iXcoins.  lol.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
July 11, 2014, 11:15:40 PM

(They'd probably need to be 1000 IXC denomination at the current valuation.) Smiley

Me too.  Need to decide on what symbol should be used first though, do we?  
July 11, 2014, 11:11:47 PM

I'm thinking of starting a new thread given Thomas is here only once every 3-6 months.

If we start getting a lot of new investors coming in we really need an OP we have access to.  As it is iXcoin appears fragmented.  3 different websites, 2 different GitHubs with one being a copy of i0Coin and so on.

The main wallet, people are directed to is still the version that won't even compile. This really makes us look incompetent.

If we want to have major investors looking at us we need to get more organized and whoever the OP is has to be in constant communication and it doesn't appear Thomas cares to give us even 1 appearance per week.

If the majority here think this is a good idea I'll start a new thread and try to clean up some of the confusion.

The web-presence could use some more organization.  

The page that you're directed to from Coinmarketcap http://www.ixcoin.co/ is the de facto hub at the moment, it could use some updating -links to the other iXcoin sites.

Also it should be made more clear what preferred wallet is.  You are right that if you want to attract new people you need to inspire confidence.  New users can be quite nervous about losing their money.

Foundation site looks good. www.ixcF.tk  Basic information concisely and clearly presented is all that is needed.  The Bitcoin Foundation site is pretty basic https://bitcoinfoundation.org/.

Small thing but is this part on the Foundation front page- 'Be sure to use the last version or your personal wallet. Click on the link below to get it.'  meant to be 'Be sure to use the latest version for your personal wallet.'?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 11, 2014, 10:49:56 PM

July 11, 2014, 10:43:26 PM

High quality coins would probably need to be 1000 IXC denomination at the current valuation.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 11, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

No news out of Coinsummit yet.  The panel discussion where CEX.io was supposed to discuss iXcoin didn't go well.  There was hardly enough time given for any discussion at all and Jeffrey Smith didn't even have a chance to speak.

This pisses me off of course, but we have no choice now but to wait and see if anything good comes out of the summit.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
July 11, 2014, 10:56:30 AM
If we want to get iXcoin on Mintpal we need everyone voting.  We only have through August before Mintpal stops adding new coins.

"Important: Please be aware that we are phasing out the voting system. We have removed the option to make payment votes and will stop taking voting winners from 1st September onwards. The system will continue as normal until then."

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
July 10, 2014, 01:46:29 PM

Any news about this:

iXcoin - The Internet eXchange Coin (IXC)

In addition to the latest upgrades, the development team is now working in four promising areas:

(1) Micro-transactions - Permit micro transactions without the overhead.

(2) Armory wallet - The most advance secure wallet

(3) Colored Coins - Exchange financial instruments (i.e. Bonds, Stocks etc) using IXC

(4) Ripple Integration - Move IXC across exchanges with zero confirmation times.

??
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2014, 09:28:07 PM

If we start getting a lot of new investors coming in we really need an OP we have access to.  As it is iXcoin appears fragmented.  3 different websites, 2 different GitHubs with one being a copy of i0Coin and so on.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2014, 06:37:36 PM

2 more days left, scammy.

Do you expect some news at london summit?

I'm hoping for some news at or after the London CoinSummit.
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
July 09, 2014, 06:03:17 PM

2 more days left, scammy.

Do you expect some news at london summit?
Jump to: