Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 192. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
time
April 01, 2014, 10:37:07 PM
I'm sure the colored coin people feel just like the counter party people.

Having to deal with snobby, clueless Bitcoin millionaires and an even more clueless bureaucratic foundation.

And not to mention the constant bad press and bad "actors" destroying Bitcoin's image.

Man, if only these new technologies had a coin just like Bitcoin, a Twin, one also ultra secure [just like Bitcoin] to build their technologies on, that would be a miracle and an amazing discovery.

Thoughts about risks/rewards? If you think it's a good idea, how much more time do you think to wait on Thomas before thinking about going ahead with it in his absence?

Thomas who?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 01, 2014, 10:19:01 PM

Having to deal with snobby, clueless Bitcoin millionaires and an even more clueless bureaucratic foundation.

And not to mention the constant bad press and bad "actors" destroying Bitcoin's image.

Man, if only these new technologies had a coin just like Bitcoin, a Twin, one also ultra secure [just like Bitcoin] to build their technologies on, that would be a miracle and an amazing discovery.

Thoughts about risks/rewards? If you think it's a good idea, how much more time do you think to wait on Thomas before thinking about going ahead with it in his absence?

Thomas who?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Community
April 01, 2014, 08:27:11 PM
do you think it is a trick?
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
April 01, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
April 01, 2014, 07:30:11 PM

Activity: 378
Merit: 1
April 01, 2014, 06:28:35 PM
There is a coin called CounterParty that works of the Bitcoin blockchain.

This plan is to port CounterParty to iXcoin.   There will be no-need to change the 0.8.6 client.  This is additional software to enable  iXcoin with the following additional capabilities:

https://www.counterparty.co/

These allows iXcoin to also work with 'exchange like' capabilities.

Let me know if there is any intersest in this project?

I am seeking 50,000 IXC for this to CounterParty port to be created.   

I need to read up about it. 50K is pricey. Not sure we can get that many funds together.

Alright,  would 25K be more reasonable?

Thomas has not come back with a decision about this yet. Anyone else have any thoughts about CounterParty for IXC?

If it's successful it might give IXC a boost, especially in IXC's transaction-based mature phase. On the other hand some Bitcoin devs and miners were making a stink about having to support it. Some CounterParty people are even considering whether to use some other coin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-20-being-shut-down-by-bitcoin-10-core-devs-531196
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.6420
time
April 01, 2014, 11:12:53 AM
So many people glorify and romanticize “busy”. I do not. I value purpose. I believe in resting in reason and moving in passion. If you’re always busy/moving, you will miss important details. I like the mountain. Still, but when it moves lands shift and earth quakes.

— Joseph Cook
legendary
April 01, 2014, 11:00:57 AM
What about coloured coins?

Wasn't coloured coins going to be modified to run on the IXCoin chain instead of the BiTCoin chain?

-MarkM-

Yeah, I don't get it.  All of these plans came out of nowhere, all gung-ho and well planned out and then died just as suddenly and without warning.

Remember all the expert, hi-tech Colored Coins talk by Friction last year?  Man, we all thought we had the Woz on our team.  lol, and now NOTHING.

Bizarre, sad and upsetting.

You have to realize that IXCcoin moves at glacial pace.    We have the 0.8.6 client but we don't have verification from the pools that they are using that.  Without the pools cooperation,  any modification we make isn't going to be introduced in the network.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
April 01, 2014, 04:36:56 AM
You must be on Vircurex.

Of course I am Vircurex. What other exchange carries the merged mined coins but not every garbage scam that comes along?

I don't want to refer friends to a place full of scamcoins just to tell them how they can buy/trade/cash-out  DeVCoins, for example.

-MarkM-

I hear ya, but be careful, lots of top notch competition now for exchanges and many will have to quit so why not just walk away with a few million in coins, especially if you're an exchange in a foreign country with limited resources and laws to find and prosecute you. 
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
April 01, 2014, 04:12:26 AM
You must be on Vircurex.

Of course I am Vircurex. What other exchange carries the merged mined coins but not every garbage scam that comes along?

I don't want to refer friends to a place full of scamcoins just to tell them how they can buy/trade/cash-out  DeVCoins, for example.

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
April 01, 2014, 04:09:43 AM
It is a buying opportunity, people who are able to take advantage of it by buying low have good reason to celebrate it.

It is annoying to have my bitcoins frozen right when all the coins I'd like to buy with them are very cheap.

-MarkM-

You must be on Vircurex.

I agree though, I'd buy everything in sight but unfortunately I'm broke and can't buy anything, or else I might actually feel better about this huge downturn as I do think it's gonna skyrocket [even higher than November] in the next few months as Bitcoin makes new highs.  

The Banksters have to buy their share of Bitcoin [And some alt coins] before the media starts the massive pump I expected last year.

What a bad time to have poor credit; I'd max out all my credit cards at a time like this.  Ha!
legendary
April 01, 2014, 04:05:42 AM
It is a buying opportunity, people who are able to take advantage of it by buying low have good reason to celebrate it.

It is annoying to have my bitcoins frozen right when all the coins I'd like to buy with them are very cheap.

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
April 01, 2014, 03:00:52 AM

Wasn't coloured coins going to be modified to run on the IXCoin chain instead of the BiTCoin chain?

-MarkM-

Yeah, I don't get it.  All of these plans came out of nowhere, all gung-ho and well planned out and then died just as suddenly and without warning.

Remember all the expert, hi-tech Colored Coins talk by Friction last year?  Man, we all thought we had the Woz on our team.  lol, and now NOTHING.

Bizarre, sad and upsetting.
legendary
April 01, 2014, 02:24:15 AM

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
April 01, 2014, 02:15:19 AM

Luke,

I was just reading an article which detailed the trouble bitcoin start-ups are having in launching remittance companies in the US, and other countries as well.

The main reason is massive regulations which instantly took effect the moment the US and other governments, declared Bitcoin was a currency. 

Since the plan for iXcoin was primarily as a remittance coin, I'm wondering what you had planned, if anything.  Because I'm assuming the same laws will apply to iXcoin which would make it prohibitively expensive to launch as a remittance business.

Thanks for your input.
legendary
March 31, 2014, 01:12:41 PM
Let's say, 500.000 IXC left on the seashore of Vircurex leaves my confidence a little bit shaken. However, I agree there are invisible hands. I could not explain 100k votes on Mintpal otherwise, or IXC on 8th position on ecoinfund.com.

We got 100K votes on mintpal?  Wow, I had no idea.  So are we in? Seems like a popular exchange.

Right now:
FAC    Faircoin       113959
IXC    iXcoin        102085
GRUMP                  58837
XXL                         53162

Popular... until they confiscate all your coins.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 31, 2014, 12:08:02 PM
Let's say, 500.000 IXC left on the seashore of Vircurex leaves my confidence a little bit shaken. However, I agree there are invisible hands. I could not explain 100k votes on Mintpal otherwise, or IXC on 8th position on ecoinfund.com.

We got 100K votes on mintpal?  Wow, I had no idea.  So are we in? Seems like a popular exchange.
time
March 31, 2014, 09:27:03 AM

Didn't Luke say iXcoin was gonna get doge-like press?  Cause we haven't even gotten a single PR by anyone to at last let people know we have a new site and new logos and wallets.

Makes me very sad.

Patience is a virtue. Invisible hands have plans.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 31, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

Didn't Luke say iXcoin was gonna get doge-like press?  Cause we haven't even gotten a single PR by anyone to at last let people know we have a new site and new logos and wallets.

Makes me very sad.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 31, 2014, 01:34:45 AM
How about a block explorer?

We use to have one or two, but they seem defunct now. Anyone interested? There's a 20K IXC bounty.

I'm willing to do that, please point me an official newest client to download, better with source code.

Latest client and source should be at http://ixcoin.org/
Is this website: http://ixcoin.org/; I download and have a look.

I think iXcoin.org is dead.  It should be iXcoin.co and iXcoin.eu. 

Good luck.
Jump to: