Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 253. (Read 631736 times)

OOO
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 18, 2014, 11:25:06 AM
Currently on the IXCoin website there are two wallet options.

1. iXcoin 0.3.24.3
2. iXcoin 0.8.6

The second one carries with it a warning that it is still being tested.

I have two questions

1. I see FrictionlessCoin is working on developing the wallet and some other areas but is he working alone as a developer?

2. Which is the recommended wallet for download and use? And what is the future plans for encrypted wallets?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 18, 2014, 11:09:28 AM
I am really confused. It seems to me the final result will be the promotion of zenithcoin, teslacoin, i0coin, edisoncoin, mcdonaldcoin, cinderellacoin....

you need to explain a bit here of what you mean.

iXcoin will be able to create new coins that are secure.  To create these new coins, you have to acquire iXcoin.  To transfer any of these coins, you need to pay a IXC transaction fee.

Each of these coins may have a value that is completely different for the value of IXC.

Let's look at NameCoin as an example.  You need to buy NMC to create a new domain.   The value of each domain is independent of the price of NameCoin.

The entire point of a coin with value is to create one that provides enough of a differentiator that it creates demand for the coin. 

Most coins right now,  the only value is to provide a cheaper way to mine as compared to Bitcoin or Litecoin.  Long term, they don't have value because they don't provide functionality any different from Bitcoin. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 18, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
I am really confused. It seems to me the final result will be the promotion of zenithcoin, teslacoin, i0coin, edisoncoin, mcdonaldcoin, cinderellacoin....
legendary
January 18, 2014, 10:26:15 AM
Shocking. Smiley

-MarkM-

Why? It's simple and interesting. I used red just so it stands out cause the picture is busy.

I needed a pic to put on eBay but now I can't cause it's saying my max limit is $5,000.  That's a joke.  And they wanted $50 for a reserve.

So I don't know how to list this thing cause I definitely want to auction it for a lot more than $5,000.  Or At least try.
Max is $5000, WTF?  But now that you mentioned it, yeah, there is a $5000 a month limit. But that doesnt make sense because people sell automobiles all the time on ebay. Im curuious now in how you get that 5K limit raised. At any rate, Ive been following this thread closely and thought that i would chime in. Lucrative domain names that you have there. I wouldn't let that specific domain go too cheap.

eBay car sales work differently from the regular eBay listings.

I know,  I bought my BMW 5 series on eBay a couple years ago and it definitely did cost more than $5,000.
Activity: 350
January 18, 2014, 10:17:01 AM
Shocking. Smiley

-MarkM-

Why? It's simple and interesting. I used red just so it stands out cause the picture is busy.

I needed a pic to put on eBay but now I can't cause it's saying my max limit is $5,000.  That's a joke.  And they wanted $50 for a reserve.

So I don't know how to list this thing cause I definitely want to auction it for a lot more than $5,000.  Or At least try.
Max is $5000, WTF?  But now that you mentioned it, yeah, there is a $5000 a month limit. But that doesnt make sense because people sell automobiles all the time on ebay. Im curuious now in how you get that 5K limit raised. At any rate, Ive been following this thread closely and thought that i would chime in. Lucrative domain names that you have there. I wouldn't let that specific domain go too cheap.

My max is a lot higher than that. I have an equivalent of 50k dollars allowance per month. Unfortunately I'm also banned from listing anything crypto with a warning to have my account removed for sale of digital goods.
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
January 18, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
Shocking. Smiley

-MarkM-

legendary
January 18, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
Does this means ixcoin press release will suffer of a delay?

No, my plans are separate, on top of everyone's efforts.

So no, the plans and releases Friction had in place still stand.  A PR should go out this Monday I think and then he's got another planned for the following week I think.

Any money I can raise from domain sales will be on top of all that.  I want to push iXcoin in a certain direction, economically, and that's what I need the money for.  Friction is pushing it via tech and I'm trying to do it via finance and economics since this is a tech/currency hybrid so both issues should be addressed.

Yup... pretty much it.  Let me focus on the tech. 

There's still a lot of marketing and business dev. work that needs to be done.
Activity: 322
January 18, 2014, 07:55:24 AM
I though to have a go at a logo for the TeslaCoin...

Activity: 541
Merit: 500
January 18, 2014, 07:38:34 AM
Wow that is odd.  There are 3 coins named Tesla coin all coming out this week.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
January 18, 2014, 07:16:20 AM
Hey Vlad, just wondering what are your plans on short term?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
January 18, 2014, 05:29:44 AM
I would include a reference to IXCoin colored feature in your logo. Is it possible? Something like a multicolored edge (something like mincoin). Otherwise a multicolored X (instead of the two lines) in the center representing the iXcoin multicolored function.
In any case, without something visibly linking to iXcoin, it will seem just another coin. Anybody agrees?

An X across the I instead of two parallel lines does make sense to me. No idea whether it would look good but an I and an X combined seems to make logical / monogram (multigram? bigram?) sense.

-MarkM-

Man, that's a cool idea.  My friend took off already but I'll have him do a version like that.  I think it would look good but I'm not sure if it will look like a currency at first sight.

But for the purpose of iXcoin and the colored coin experiment it would be perfect.

Thanks for your input.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 18, 2014, 05:14:54 AM
I would include a reference to IXCoin colored feature in your logo. Is it possible? Something like a multicolored edge (something like mincoin). Otherwise a multicolored X (instead of the two lines) in the center representing the iXcoin multicolored function.
In any case, without something visibly linking to iXcoin, it will seem just another coin. Anybody agrees?

An X across the I instead of two parallel lines does make sense to me. No idea whether it would look good but an I and an X combined seems to make logical / monogram (multigram? bigram?) sense.

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
January 18, 2014, 05:03:22 AM

I just tweeted Elon Musk about the TeslaCoin.com domain sale, picture and everything.  I wonder if a guy like that really takes the time out of his busy day to really read and respond to tweets.

I wish I could see his face the instant he sees my tweets about the domain sale.

What's his response gonna be:

A)  Confusion as to why bitcoin has had hundreds of alts coin scam babies?

B)  Realization that maybe alt coins are truly catching on and disbelief that nobody in his boardroom saw it coming so now he's gotta pay some punk big money for the domain?

C)  Or maybe he's gonna take one look, get a really good laugh (which will hopefully at least make his day) then try to forget he ever saw my tweet.

Either way, feels great to have written him. I hope he at least sees the tweets and the domain pic I worked so hard to make presentable.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
January 18, 2014, 04:54:50 AM

No, my plans are separate, on top of everyone's efforts.

So no, the plans and releases Friction had in place still stand.  A PR should go out this Monday I think and then he's got another planned for the following week I think.

Any money I can raise from domain sales will be on top of all that.  I want to push iXcoin in a certain direction, economically, and that's what I need the money for.  Friction is pushing it via tech and I'm trying to do it via finance and economics since this is a tech/currency hybrid so both issues should be addressed.
January 18, 2014, 04:42:58 AM
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
January 18, 2014, 04:04:25 AM

That's a really good idea.

Right now I'm trying to see if anyone will bid a decent amount for it but if I can't sell it and we do use it then that's definitely what I'll do.

If I can sell just 1 domain I'll plow that money into development and PR's in helping move iXcoin to the next level.
January 18, 2014, 02:24:15 AM
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
January 17, 2014, 11:55:22 PM
The word shocking was in reference to the electrical discharges shown in the illustration.

-MarkM-

Lol, ok. 

I did my best to not make it look like a cross or a double cross.  That's why I twisted the equal signs 45 degrees.

Otherwise how do you guys think it looks?  I had my architect friend do if for me but I decided the look. I really needed something with an image to easier facilitate a sale.

But I'm curious what you guys think in case we do launch a TeslaCoin on top of iXcoin.

Any input or criticisms is appreciated.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
January 17, 2014, 11:44:29 PM
It turns out,  I am not the only one having this problem.  Apparently, Vircurex only works with Firefox.   I checked with Chrome and Safari and it does not work.

Vircurex works very well on all major browsers, Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox.

The "only" issue that caught people of guard was that the buy and sell buttons were not active if the order was too small (smaller than 0.0001). We changed that recently, an error message now appears.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 17, 2014, 11:31:52 PM
The word shocking was in reference to the electrical discharges shown in the illustration.

-MarkM-
Jump to: