Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 297. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
September 28, 2013, 03:54:29 AM
why wouldn't IO coin overtake ixcoin as it has no premine?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
September 28, 2013, 02:31:29 AM
Huge buys now on Cryptsy - all above 10000, and none are mine.  Someone else is buying large blocks here and he's keeping very quiet.

I've seen this for the entire 3 months I've been accumulating and I just assumed it was the dev but now I really doubt that.  I think someone bought a few million ixCoins.  Makes me look Mickey Mouse by comparison. Lol.

And on the sell side, there's nothing except a few thousand coins being offered.  There was a 47,000 block earlier today but I took that out and then the price spiked 70%.

Man, I feel like I can drive this coin up 400% with very little money and effort. I'd like to get another 50,000 coins at a decent price and then I think I wanna test out a theory to see what happens.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 27, 2013, 10:30:57 PM
WOW, ixCoin just popped to 17000, up 70% just today!

I bought 51,777 ixCoins 2 hours ago just above 10000 and now it went up 70%, on top of the 40% it went up over the past few weeks.

What strange behavior.  You would think merge miners and pools would dump like crazy here and the price would plummet but that's not happening.

There's over 16 million ixCoins out - why is this thing coiled so tightly?  I do not see any other coin behaving like this.  Very strange!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 27, 2013, 02:20:38 PM
My theory seems to have confirmation: e.g. the closing of atlantis is causing litecoin to fall down.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/09/silk-road-competitor-atlantis-market-shuts-down-for-security-reasons/

So you too think Litecoin is going bye bye?

Scrypt is crap, it always was.  It was nothing more than an anti competitive solution.

People think it's cheaper but it's a joke when you could be mining Litecoin and another 50 coins via merge mining on much better and more efficient ASICS miners.  Too bad people don't see this...yet.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 26, 2013, 12:16:28 AM
Deadsea,

I'm curious, who do you think is behind all this?

Personally I think the govt and banks stand to gain the most from a digital currency and the fact it all came at a time when all the major currencies of the world are neat collapse is a bit of a coincidence.

If it wasn't them then you can be sure they love this accident and they'll take it over after it reaches critical mass. But there's enough unanswered questions and mystery surrounding Bitcoin, and such huge coincidences, that if be shocked if they didn't do all this.

And this is precisely why I've been convinced Bitcoin will easily get that ETF.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 25, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
Lol, I like it, a conspiracy theory.

I didn't think about that angle - the need for a silver, a cheaper fiat and it's better to have a merge mined coin like ixCoin.

Well, I'd take anything - conspiracy or not, just take ixCoin to the next level.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 25, 2013, 05:21:22 PM
Someone started a two months to maturity coin recently, Extremecoin maybe?

-MarkM-

Thanks, that will be interesting to watch.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 25, 2013, 05:18:06 PM
Someone started a two months to maturity coin recently, Extremecoin maybe?

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 25, 2013, 05:14:32 PM
@deadsea,

Interesting prediction, man.

Can you elaborate?  I realize you may just be going on a hunch but I'd like to know what you're thinking.

Are you talking about Bitcoin getting this investor or ixCoin?

What type of investor are you talking about?  Would it be one or a group?  Would they buy the coins out in the open or accumulate in secret? With what purpose?

I too think we're on the brink of something big but I was thinking more about the ETF doing what you're describing.  TIA
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 25, 2013, 11:25:24 AM
We are close to block 164063: just 2/3 weeks away. At that point 75% of the coins will be mined.
This coin is increasing in a moment of sufference for altcoins. The demand is increasing, the availability slowly decreasing.
I was wondering: are there completely mined virtual coins out there? Is Ixcoin going to be the first btc-like coin completely mined?

There are no other coins completely mined yet.

Quark I think had a 6 month maturity and it's like 2 months into it so it will be all mined in 4 months.

Strange again, I had bought some for that exact reason but quark is not behaving like ixCoin, its value goes down daily and it doesn't go back up.   Even though its rapidly running out of coins to mine and blocks are halving (where ixCoin is not being halved) its price keeps dropping.

So I chose to sell all my quark and and buy more ixCoin with it.

So here's another example where a coin in a similar situation is simply not behaving like ixCoin.

Why not?  We'll see what happens when quark runs out of coins but my feeling is that it's not gonna be good given thus far its headed in the opposite direction as ixCoin.

Are you still waiting to buy?  I don't think it's gonna get any cheaper.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 24, 2013, 11:08:28 PM
Difficulty above 30 millions.  Grin

Pretty interesting.  Maybe this has something to do with the higher price.

Then again, Devcoin is also seeing a massive increase in difficulty yet their price (relative to Bitcoin) has fallen drastically over the last few months.

This crypto fiat stuff is very difficulty to value and more difficulty to predict.
That's because the devcoin dev has been giving away devcoins like candy at the devtome.

It's true devcoin is being diluted ad nauseam, but the other alt coins, merge mined and scrypt, have seen difficulty sky rocket while the price has not kept up with BITCOIN the last 2 months and in many cases it has collapsed.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 11:01:51 PM
Difficulty above 30 millions.  Grin

Pretty interesting.  Maybe this has something to do with the higher price.

Then again, Devcoin is also seeing a massive increase in difficulty yet their price (relative to Bitcoin) has fallen drastically over the last few months.

This crypto fiat stuff is very difficulty to value and more difficulty to predict.
That's because the devcoin dev has been giving away devcoins like candy at the devtome.
edit:no offense to the writers that took the time to make good material at the devtome...
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 24, 2013, 07:33:13 PM
Difficulty above 30 millions.  Grin

Pretty interesting.  Maybe this has something to do with the higher price.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 24, 2013, 02:35:05 PM
So does anyone know yet what the fix was on the new ixCoin client?  TIA.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 24, 2013, 12:39:03 PM
There's some really large buys now on Cryptsy, 3 blocks of around 50,000 coins.  I've never seen this before. Usually the buys are small and I'm usually the only one getting large blocks.

So who's buying so much ixCoin, and why.  And can you please let me get just 100,000 coins more and then I'll be done.
Pump me harder!

Pump! Pump!  PUMP!!!

You've now twice said I'm trying to pump ixCoin.

Here's me adding at 9802 just last week.  With ZERO SELLS. Is this what a pumper does after owning 2%?

Let's stop the silly chatter.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 23, 2013, 12:43:17 PM
There's some really large buys now on Cryptsy, 3 blocks of around 50,000 coins.  I've never seen this before. Usually the buys are small and I'm usually the only one getting large blocks.

So who's buying so much ixCoin, and why.  And can you please let me get just 100,000 coins more and then I'll be done.
Pump me harder!

Pump! Pump!  PUMP!!!

Lol.  I've been thing to deflate ixCoin and it looks like its working.  But those large blocks were picked up.
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 07:10:16 AM
There's some really large buys now on Cryptsy, 3 blocks of around 50,000 coins.  I've never seen this before. Usually the buys are small and I'm usually the only one getting large blocks.

So who's buying so much ixCoin, and why.  And can you please let me get just 100,000 coins more and then I'll be done.
Pump me harder!

Pump! Pump!  PUMP!!!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 22, 2013, 10:29:09 PM
Can someone confirm the new wallet QT has been ungraded and what is new about it?

I'm reluctant to download any new wallets due to possible Trojans.  It would be nice if ixCoin got the same code update as i0Coin. 

Trojans? That makes no sense, unless you are downloading from a 3rd party website.

Seriously?  So nobody can sneak in a virus inside an open source wallet?

Not unless they gain access to the hosting server, which is highly unlikely and if it happens it will be spotted very quickly.

Ok, thanks.  So I wonder what the updates were then.  I wasn't expecting a new client for a while.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 22, 2013, 08:33:14 PM
Can someone confirm the new wallet QT has been ungraded and what is new about it?

I'm reluctant to download any new wallets due to possible Trojans.  It would be nice if ixCoin got the same code update as i0Coin. 

Trojans? That makes no sense, unless you are downloading from a 3rd party website.

Not unless they gain access to the hosting server, which is highly unlikely and if it happens it will be spotted very quickly.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 22, 2013, 08:26:44 PM

Jump to: