Pages:
Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 32. (Read 631708 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
February 22, 2016, 08:03:01 AM

im saying if thats what someone is expecting then it'll be a dissapointment.

As a sidenote, who here has a copy of the IXC electrum wallet. i want a copy to test it with the electrum server ive setup for the android wallet

(It's running if anyone wants to use it permanantly)

What do you think about coinwallet.co?  Not as secure as Coinomi but we really need something soon.  Shapeshift could take a long time to add IXC.  Coinwallet.co lists 60 coins, including top ones so if we threat it as another risky(ish) exchange and use caution it may be one way to go until we get something more secure going.
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2016, 07:51:51 AM
not looked at this in a while, but coinomi doesnt have an exchange. it uses shapeshift and ixcoin isnt on it. so no trading in the wallet

Are you saying this is going to be a problem with your coinomi update?

im saying if thats what someone is expecting then it'll be a dissapointment.

As a sidenote, who here has a copy of the IXC electrum wallet. i want a copy to test it with the electrum server ive setup for the android wallet

(It's running if anyone wants to use it permanantly)
Activity: 708
Merit: 500
February 22, 2016, 04:44:02 AM

Ok , im gonna get hate from cinnamon,  but lets just rewind the blockchain as cryptsy motherfucked this community.

I lost more IXC on cryptsy than anyone in cryptoworld, which has left me bankrupt, and my friends and family too.

Rewinding the blockchain is simply not an option.  Ever!  

it's a serious option, it could damage IXC, but Vlad, you're long enough in the tooth to know better, why oh why do people store on exchanges.... ever. I just don't get it, thieves and liars surround us all.  Huh
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
February 21, 2016, 06:39:13 PM
not looked at this in a while, but coinomi doesnt have an exchange. it uses shapeshift and ixcoin isnt on it. so no trading in the wallet

Are you saying this is going to be a problem with your coinomi update?

Activity: 204
February 21, 2016, 06:36:48 PM

Anybody know when Bitcoin is releasing the new .12 (?) software?  Cause it might take ixc another couple months after that to get it done.

Speaking of which, are we gonna need groundrod?  That guy was impressive.  I think we owe him some IXC, gotta put it on my long debt list.

Cinnamon has done lots for ixcoin and asked for nothing in return.

Sounds like she is going through a hard time. Deadsea, we should start a bounty for cinnamon. Maybe it can help with transportation?

All said, I think the wisest way to spend the donations left is for the update, hoping that men (and women) of good will (and trustworthy) will help to build the binaries.

Domob asked me 500$ , then moved by your enthusiasm and spirit, he made a "donation" offering to do the job for 400$ (thanks domob).

Since I am not the owner of donations (I want to use them properly) I have to ask if there is any other trustworthy developer willing to perform the job for less.

Best Regards

groundrod is good if you can find him.  Deadsea found someone, domob, if we can did up $400.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 21, 2016, 04:49:27 PM

Anybody know when Bitcoin is releasing the new .12 (?) software?  Cause it might take ixc another couple months after that to get it done.

Speaking of which, are we gonna need groundrod?  That guy was impressive.  I think we owe him some IXC, gotta put it on my long debt list.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 21, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
Yeah I know, just blowing off steam.

But seriously who is trading Ixc? Is there anyone at all? If theres been no transactions yet high hash what the hell is going on?

Nobody is trading IXC right now.  I'm guessing the usual pool(s) are keeping just enough power on it to keep it from dying or getting attacked.  But they're not updating to the new wallets which is frustrating.

Stalemate and if nothing happens soon if could be checkmate. 
Activity: 116
Merit: 100
February 21, 2016, 04:05:12 PM
Yeah I know, just blowing off steam.

But seriously who is trading Ixc? Is there anyone at all? If theres been no transactions yet high hash what the hell is going on?

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 21, 2016, 03:33:52 PM

Ok , im gonna get hate from cinnamon,  but lets just rewind the blockchain as cryptsy motherfucked this community.

I lost more IXC on cryptsy than anyone in cryptoworld, which has left me bankrupt, and my friends and family too.

Rewinding the blockchain is simply not an option.  Ever!  
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 21, 2016, 03:29:07 PM
Well, if "I" stands for "International", how can we make Ixcoin International? How could a coin like IXC become more international than Bitcoin?
I recently started to hate the idea of centralised exchanges (robbed 3 times, guess why....)
Is shapeshift the best solution?

That's a good point.

One important way comes to mind.  Diversity in development and leadership.

Looking at Bitcoin, it's very much an American coin, from Gavin to guys like Hearn [and their American VC/Bank/Corporate backers] to the head of the BTC foundation, Brock Pierce, all American guys and corporation.  Only the NSA/CIA are missing on their sponsor list which I'm sure are there [unofficially]. 

Nothing wrong with that but if you want a true international image and purpose then you should prove it.  How would Americans feel adopting a coin from Russia ran mostly by Russians?

So we need to bring in key individuals from China, Russia, UK, (of course America), Italy, etc., and maybe some crazy Romanian [if he doesn't go nitro].  lol
----

An additional way is to make ixc available to buy/trade globally so that means various crypto exchanges around the world, especially in China where the market is so massive. 

Ideas are easy to come up with; executing when we lack the funds is the difficult thing. 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 21, 2016, 03:20:15 PM
Why no otc solutions?

We need a user to act as escrow, and someone with some ixc.....

And very importantly, someone the entire community trusts.

Where we gonna find that sumbitch? 
February 21, 2016, 12:12:46 PM
Why no otc solutions?

We need a user to act as escrow, and someone with some ixc.....

Ok , im gonna get hate from cinnamon,  but lets just rewind the blockchain as cryptsy motherfucked this community.

Otherwise can we do "something" to jump start trading?

Cue cinnamon. 3,2,1
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 20, 2016, 06:41:49 PM

Looks like Erik needs some more blowing up on Twitter [again].  lol
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 20, 2016, 06:39:38 PM

I wouldn't mind owning a bit more of this seemingly drifting, not-a-real-single-tx-in-the-last-month fading-into-non-existence International eXchange Coin - no, not at all.

Hahaha.  That's good. 

I'd like to have just 1 IXC in my possession in case my $10 prediction comes true.  At least I can get some lunch.  lol
Activity: 392
my magic is growing strong[er]
February 20, 2016, 06:25:51 PM

I wouldn't mind owning a bit more of this seemingly drifting, not-a-real-single-tx-in-the-last-month fading-into-non-existence International eXchange Coin - no, not at all.
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2016, 02:39:00 PM
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 20, 2016, 06:40:49 AM
International
eXchange
Coin

I Love It!!

where can i get some??

Man, I've been shouting from the rooftops nearly 3 years.  What more can Cryptoworld want?

The time to buy IXC has come and gone.  Now we wait to see if it fades into non-existence or goes Supernova!

Sadly, it's not looking good right now...
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 20, 2016, 04:24:10 AM
Eventually someone writes what Ixcoin is and what 'I' stands for.

http://www.scl.org/site.aspx?i=ed46568

IxCoin (IXC): The International eXchange Coin[10] is the first Bitcoin clone, it was released in 2011 and it can be mined at the same time as BTC. It also has a limit of 21 million coins, but much shorter mining period (all coins should be mined in 2015).

That's interesting, especially since I think friction came up with that and well, it's friction.  lol

But what does that mean?  It's never made sense to me.  How is the coin itself an eXchange? 
February 19, 2016, 10:16:35 PM
+1000

International Exchange Coin

Who is trading?

International
eXchange
Coin

I Love It!!

where can i get some??
legendary