Pages:
Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 5. (Read 631708 times)

legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
September 04, 2016, 01:07:16 PM
from website:
"All 21 million coins have been generated (April 2011 - October 2014)"

so no mining ??

Never mind - I found the blog.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
August 17, 2016, 09:46:45 AM

This was posted on the original Ixcoin thread

I saw that too. 

Maxwell's computer literacy isn't up there with hackers such as myself.  I'm not gonna hold that against him.  We'll keep this in mind for when we do our next code update.  For now raising our distribution is the number 1 focus.   
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2016, 09:36:52 AM
Your project contains the old centralized "alert" system previously copied from upstream Bitcoin. This system lets the holders of a private key send messages to be displayed in the error field. Because of its limited utility, potential for abuse, known disclosure of the key to at least one untrustworthy party (and is believed to be compromised), and frequent use to justify other centralizing features this system has long been deactivated (and now is completely removed) upstream.

I would recommend you remove this system by adopting this code from upstream: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7692 or the parallel PR in bitcoin xt, https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/pull/150

This was posted on the original Ixcoin thread

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 17, 2016, 08:07:05 AM

Who's coins are you distributing?

Community donations.  I think we have around 60k IXC so far.  I've been trying to do some mass distributions using large partners but so far I've hit some sticky points. 

Any suggestions which can accelerate the process would be helpful.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
August 17, 2016, 07:53:56 AM

We need to proceed with a fair distribution of ixc.
Any suggestion?

Who's coins are you distributing?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 17, 2016, 12:31:00 AM

I thought only Gavin had that alert key, or is he the untrustworthy party?  lol.  I was hoping we could add some functionality with it but for now if it has been compromised then we should remove it as well.

Thanks to Maxwell for the heads-up! 

Your project contains the old centralized "alert" system previously copied from upstream Bitcoin. This system lets the holders of a private key send messages to be displayed in the error field. Because of its limited utility, potential for abuse, known disclosure of the key to at least one untrustworthy party (and is believed to be compromised), and frequent use to justify other centralizing features this system has long been deactivated (and now is completely removed) upstream.

I would recommend you remove this system by adopting this code from upstream: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7692 or the parallel PR in bitcoin xt, https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/pull/150

Activity: 116
Merit: 100
August 16, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 12, 2016, 03:44:03 PM

Someone well remembers that ixcoin came before litecoin... lol
Just a brief quotation

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=it&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fstock.sohu.com%2F20160812%2Fn463852448.shtml

Did the call us dogs? 

If they knew Satoshi launched 5 of the first 10 alts they wouldn't be so foolish. 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 10, 2016, 04:55:41 PM
It rained here today - first time in months

Hahaha.

I don't know why that's funny but it made me laugh.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2016, 03:33:41 PM
It rained here today - first time in months

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 09, 2016, 05:16:29 PM
August 10th: 5 years since ixc was publicly announced.

Great - I was planning fireworks and stuff for today.

Nothing ever works as planned around these parts. 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 27, 2016, 10:32:31 PM

A man purse.  lol

What's up with that symbol?  I hope that's old stock that never sold out cause I don't think we ever used that. 
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 26, 2016, 12:37:58 AM
Hmm. What about including it in some existing bitcoin ATM's? While searching I found a ATM manufacturer from my country. Will definately try to contact them next week.

Brock Pierce owns about 70% of the existing Bitcoin ATM Network but I doubt he'll just add IXC.  We would need a higher stable price and good consistent volume before anything like that can happen. 
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 25, 2016, 09:35:11 PM

Nowadays it's all difficult, even to distribute money for free.

I hate to say it. But sometimes I don't even pick a penny off the ground. Sometimes not even a dime. So for these systems you need to dl and install software just to get a dime. Well, you get my point.

True.  But in the Game of Coins, you acquire or you kick yourself later on.  Lots of people regret not picking up Bitcoin, NXT, NEM, and others when they were low valued or free, and required a tiny bit of effort.  Most people just gave them a quick glance and a "Yeah, whatever".

You just never know what will take off, and you never win betting against everything.

IXC really needs to directly exchangeable for fiat at some point, though.  No coin will take off properly if it's only exchangeable for Bitcoins.

Activity: 20
Merit: 10
July 25, 2016, 05:52:57 PM
Hmm. What about including it in some existing bitcoin ATM's? While searching I found a ATM manufacturer from my country. Will definately try to contact them next week.
Activity: 116
Merit: 100
July 25, 2016, 05:44:03 PM
Hi guys its me again. Does somebody know a source to get ixcoins direct for cash or cc? There's a lot of interest but its still to complicated for the average joe to buy them. I thought for a ebay like, where you can simply buy anything with a CC, but there are other problems. Any idea?

Well seeing as how ixcoin is a copy to bitcoin, any sites or methods bitcoin uses ixcoin could very easily also use.

Ie: start your own local bitcoins or as someone a while ago suggested. Start your own website that acts as escrow, accepts payments, and pays in bitcoin.

Bitcoin-brokers.org has an interesting model.
July 25, 2016, 05:39:35 PM
Hmm. I've checked with ebay. Seems there should be no problem although I'm still reading trough the ToS. Anybody has a seller acc on ebay?
July 25, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Hi guys its me again. Does somebody know a source to get ixcoins direct for cash or cc? There's a lot of interest but its still to complicated for the average joe to buy them. I thought for a ebay like, where you can simply buy anything with a CC, but there are other problems. Any idea?

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 25, 2016, 09:34:14 AM

I hate to say it. But sometimes I don't even pick a penny off the ground. Sometimes not even a dime. So for these systems you need to dl and install software just to get a dime. Well, you get my point.

Deadsea and I have discussed that very point.  A plan of attack is already in motion.  Let's see if it works.  It won't be cheap but it will be well worth it.
Pages:
Jump to: