Pages:
Author

Topic: jerry0 case - page 3. (Read 1313 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
May 14, 2021, 09:44:53 AM
I have exchanged multiple (big) PMs with him related to his Ledger wallet, which IMO wouldn't make sense if he was just farming for himself or others (e.g make a question so his alt can answer later).

I thought something was weird when I was answering a user just a few hours ago, his style was familiar, checked his name, and now..... deja vu

The list is a bit longer, not as big as yours but enough to make me think he isn't doing this for farming, I remember reading one of those that it took me quite a while not only to understand his problem but also how to solve his dillemas.
Judging just by the time spent on those private discussions he could have probably grown 10 accounts, in one of them he showed me like 5 models of the equipment he wanted to buy.

I would love to have voted, but I think your poll misses something along the lines of scared, fragile, and mentally unstable. I am not saying that to offend him or make fun of any mental disorders he might or might not have, he just strikes me as the kind of guy who spends an hour deciding what kind of jacket he should wear before he goes out. Calculating the pros and cons of all the jackets he has.

This fits my image of him also, so I'm not going to comment further on what I think the reasons for his posts are.
But I think that all the harm he does is starting endless discussions, and it's not really his objective more like a side effect.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
May 14, 2021, 05:10:13 AM
This is how Hardware wallets sections looks like currently with top TEN threads started by jerry0 and there are more of them in other pages.
It's like reading one of those 1001 questions and answers books...

Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
May 12, 2021, 07:14:05 AM
Maybe is his own kind of method of posting, repeatation of questions maybe is his source of getting merit that is the reason is involve in such questions, but i have no come across that what's is doing is against the rules and regulations of the community, if really is against we have to justify him and he should face his penalty, in any way that is not against, someone should pm him about his lapses via unnecessary questions which is no yielding any positive impact to the community.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
May 12, 2021, 06:14:11 AM
My question is if jerry0 is a Troll, Farmer, Spammer, Smart guy asking questions or should people just ignore him and don't reply to his questions. (You can Vote in Poll for that)
I did vote in the poll but would like to mention that it is not your choice or to be concerned about how other members should treat him. Rather, he should be getting banned or a temp ban from the mods would be a more accurate request. From the posts I could make out there's likely a very little chance of any of that.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
May 12, 2021, 05:01:18 AM
I have never considered jerry to be an account farmer and none of his two accounts are part of any signature campaigns. It is very unlikely he will get merits because chances are much bigger that he will piss people of with his walls of text and ignorance. dkbit98 and LoyceV putting him on their ignore lists are just two examples of that.

I would love to have voted, but I think your poll misses something along the lines of scared, fragile, and mentally unstable. I am not saying that to offend him or make fun of any mental disorders he might or might not have, he just strikes me as the kind of guy who spends an hour deciding what kind of jacket he should wear before he goes out. Calculating the pros and cons of all the jackets he has. I think he just wants someone to say that his methods of storing his sensitive data are good and he might stop. He is never going to use passphrases or airgapped solutions.   
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
May 11, 2021, 06:19:20 PM
I remember this guy from Hardware wallets board. I think everyone who visit this place knows him Cheesy. As said above, his writing style is not easy to read and now I tend to skip his posts.
I don't want to call him spammer, troll, account farmer or something similar. He don't even have paid signature and I can't remember him wearing such. I doubt that he would easy find campaign that would accept him. And if he is farming account, I think it would be quite strange way to do it.
I think that he is just a bit strange person, not same like everyone who have all kind of problems and questions related with hardware wallets.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
May 11, 2021, 10:42:36 AM
The time line doesn't exactly match with what jerry0 originally said:

2014-07-12, 13:46:02 Date Registered:    viking02

2017-09-14, 01:35:14 Date Registered:    jerry0
2017-09-18, 18:49:34 Last post by    viking02
2017-09-19, 02:56:53 "Hacked a week ago" post by jerry0
2017-09-21, 18:36:33 Last Active:    viking02

2019-01-29, 13:24:19 Date Registered:    Thomas29

1/4/2020 12:51:43 AM    password changed    Thomas29

2021-05-07, 18:00:37 Last Active:    Thomas29
2021-05-11, 17:11:54 Last Active:    jerry0

There's not merit swapping, nore is their DT mutual trust of each-other.  It could have been a way to "retire" an alt that either scammed (and didn't get reported), or, the alt was just put on ice (possably to then on-sell or scam later - which never occurred.
legendary
Cashback 15%
May 11, 2021, 05:17:53 AM
He's currently leading on most posts in the past 7 days.
I noticed that he is making a lot of posts, especially consecutive posts that are pumping his posting stats, but making most posts from all forum members is crazy and he is well above even robots like you.  Cheesy

I have exchanged multiple (big) PMs with him related to his Ledger wallet, which IMO wouldn't make sense if he was just farming for himself or others
OMG Ninja you must be a very patient man if you have been talking with this guy for years...  Shocked
Maybe there is some language barrier or he is using some translator that is making him not understand something, and I suspect that he is from China or Asian region because they often write number one like this: 0.l btc, but he claims that he is American living abroad...
I can give him benefit of the doubt, but my question is why would he use two or more accounts to ask the same questions about same stuff and why do it for years? Isn't one account enough for that?

Assuming they are the same person, neither one of them is wearing a paid sig.
His old and confirmed account viking02 still have some paid campaign signature.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
May 11, 2021, 01:33:38 AM
I spotted one more of his accounts Thomas29 with same writing style, and maybe someone knows more accounts controlled by him?
Assuming they are the same person, neither one of them is wearing a paid sig. Neither one of them is earning a particularly large amount of merit. So if he is farming accounts, he is not doing a very good job. Sure, it is possible that he has other accounts with paid sigs that he (ab)uses.

I voted that he is a farmer, but I am not sure. It is possible he is trying to learn, but does not like having to look up things on his own. I would agree that he is not a "shitposter" but he probably does make unnecessary posts, and probably causes unnecessary posts to be posted in his threads in response to what he says.

I actually commented about this a while ago. Would have to go dig up my post but essentially you would have one of your 3 accounts post a question / comment that has been responded to many times before, then you have your 2nd account reply with a legitimate answer. Then the 3rd chimes in with the "this has been discussed before" comment. The 1st then replies thanks and the thread stops there more or less. But you got 2 posts in from one account and 1 post in from the 2 other accounts.
You could probably get more posts out of this strategy than 5 posts. Someone trying to maximize the number of post a "fake" thread/question generates, they could ask a vague question, get a broad answer, be asked clarifying information by multiple accounts, give clarifying information about what you are asking, engage in a debate about what is best, and so on.

I have seen newbies ask suspiciously obvious questions that I somewhat suspect was made in order to increase the post count of alt accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
May 10, 2021, 07:45:57 PM
I have exchanged multiple (big) PMs with him related to his Ledger wallet, which IMO wouldn't make sense if he was just farming for himself or others (e.g make a question so his alt can answer later).

Maybe he just have a bad memory, some condition or terrible text interpretation. Maybe he's just "too old" and can't really compreehend the tech, so he keeps asking the same "dumb questions". Tongue

edit: typo
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
May 10, 2021, 03:47:26 PM
He's currently leading on most posts in the past 7 days.

You can see jerry0 repeatedly asking same fake questions, and problem is that other members got involved in this futile conversations with him.
I fell for it too. I "interacted" with the account recently. And right after my post he made another post in which he showed he can't read and just asks dumb things again. So I gave up and added him to my Ignore list. After that 3 other users tried to give him a serious answer, and he left the topic.
Ignoring him ensures I don't waste any more time on him Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
May 10, 2021, 12:28:09 PM
It's kind a turning bitcointalk forum into circus more and more, and I don't want to be part of jerry0 show, but I can understand why other members may choose to play this game with him.
Tbh, it's not much better on the forums that don't pay you to post, people just find it hard to ignore trolls. What makes me chuckle  though is when people are actually putting some effort answering an obvious troll, formatting the text etc Cheesy

I actually commented about this a while ago. Would have to go dig up my post but essentially you would have one of your 3 accounts post a question / comment that has been responded to many times before, then you have your 2nd account reply with a legitimate answer. Then the 3rd chimes in with the "this has been discussed before" comment. The 1st then replies thanks and the thread stops there more or less. But you got 2 posts in from one account and 1 post in from the 2 other accounts.

Do that a few times a week and you can make your post counts for a sig campaign.
Haha, that's not bad idea at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if some are not using that technique. That reminds me of a case from the last year when someone farmed  merit using the similar tactic. He would use his sock puppet account to open a topic in Beginners&Help section and ask some question, and then he would have answer ready from his "main" account. As we know, early answers in topic have higher chance of merit, so that tactic actually worked and he managed to farm decent amount of merit in relatively short period of time. But, eventually he slipped and got caught.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
May 10, 2021, 12:11:44 PM
Honestly, to me @jerry0 doesn't look any worse than bunch of other forum members (that are even getting paid for their nonsense) so I would say the best course of action is to simply put him on ignore list if you are annoyed by his posting style and move on.

You can see jerry0 repeatedly asking same fake questions, and problem is that other members got involved in this futile conversations with him.
Many people don't mind those kind of conversations simply because they are getting paid for them, so why not getting into argument with some troll and fill your signature quota? Then again, sometimes it's kinda hard not to answer, even if you know that its just trolling and nothing else..

Do that a few times a week and you can make your post counts for a sig campaign.

*Yes, it seems a bit dishonest to comment about doing that while wearing a sig but the point is still valid.

-Dave
legendary
Cashback 15%
May 10, 2021, 10:14:27 AM
Many people don't mind those kind of conversations simply because they are getting paid for them, so why not getting into argument with some troll and fill your signature quota? Then again, sometimes it's kinda hard not to answer, even if you know that its just trolling and nothing else..

It's kind a turning bitcointalk forum into circus more and more, and I don't want to be part of jerry0 show, but I can understand why other members may choose to play this game with him.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
May 10, 2021, 10:00:50 AM
Honestly, to me @jerry0 doesn't look any worse than bunch of other forum members (that are even getting paid for their nonsense) so I would say the best course of action is to simply put him on ignore list if you are annoyed by his posting style and move on.

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
May 10, 2021, 08:01:18 AM
It could be an account farmer, but I can't tell for sure yet.
If he's got several accounts, he might have been an account farmer once upon a time, but I doubt there are many people farming accounts these days because of the merit system.  Having several accounts doesn't necessarily make you an account farmer, either.  Nor would I have suspected that of jerry0 solely because of what he posts.  Everything I've read from him has been in the Hardware Wallet section, and he doesn't strike me as writing nonsense at all--to me, he comes off as very paranoid about the safety of his coins and his ignorance about HW wallets. 

Yeah, he does seem to be a little bit slow on the uptake when members give him answers to his questions, but I've never viewed that as anything suspicious.  He's not a typical shitposter, either.  When he posts questions (or whatever), it generally looks as though he puts some thought into them, regardless of how disorganized or clouded that thought is. 

If you're frustrated with jerry0, just put him on ignore.  There are members who are much, much worse than him, and you don't have to reply to his questions if you don't want to.

Yes there are people who are much worse.
But I do feel something is "off" with him, just not sure what. I put him on ignore a while ago and honestly forgot about it until I saw this thread.
At a *guess* he is putting in some work or at least trying to put a bit of work into farming and ranking up but not a lot of work.

-Dave

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
May 10, 2021, 07:45:27 AM
He's not a typical shitposter, either.

This is true. And this is one of the reasons for my conclusion.
And as I said: could be. I'm far from sure.

If you're frustrated with jerry0, just put him on ignore.

It's not that annoying. And maybe there's a chance he'll improve...

There are members who are much, much worse than him, and you don't have to reply to his questions if you don't want to.

That's correct. And that's what I do. Hence it depends on the question/post. While some are awful, some are actually readable.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
May 10, 2021, 07:38:32 AM
If he's got several accounts, he might have been an account farmer once upon a time, but I doubt there are many people farming accounts these days because of the merit system.  Having several accounts doesn't necessarily make you an account farmer, either.  Nor would I have suspected that of jerry0 solely because of what he posts.  Everything I've read from him has been in the Hardware Wallet section, and he doesn't strike me as writing nonsense at all--to me, he comes off as very paranoid about the safety of his coins and his ignorance about HW wallets. 

Yeah, he does seem to be a little bit slow on the uptake when members give him answers to his questions, but I've never viewed that as anything suspicious.  He's not a typical shitposter, either.  When he posts questions (or whatever), it generally looks as though he puts some thought into them, regardless of how disorganized or clouded that thought is. 

If you're frustrated with jerry0, just put him on ignore.  There are members who are much, much worse than him, and you don't have to reply to his questions if you don't want to.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
May 10, 2021, 04:35:25 AM
My question is if jerry0 is a Troll, Farmer, Spammer, Smart guy asking questions or should people just ignore him and don't reply to his questions. (You can Vote in Poll for that)

I... don't know.
What I can tell is that his "writing style" is so difficult to read that although I don't have him on ignore, I read is posts rather seldom because pretty often I lack the patience to follow his long posts with lack of structure (and possibly logic too sometimes).

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
May 10, 2021, 04:21:57 AM
jerry0 has annoying post history asking question about hardware wallet (specifically Ledger Nano), there was a time I PM him of certain mistakes in his post, but uses that privilege to constantly still asking me question through PMs until I did not reply him further. I do not think he is farming accounts, the replies on the threads created by him can be useful for some people that reads it, so I do not think his posts should be categorized as spam, but he ask to much of long questions. The best you can do it to either ignor him or just answer his question. I do answer some of his question which I know can be useful for other people as well, but I do think he knows most if not all of what he is asking.
Pages:
Jump to: