Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee charged with fraud over cryptocurrency - page 5. (Read 719 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I don't wish ill on anyone but I'm glad he's no longer the Bitcoin Evangelist of the moment. When I first became interested in Bitcoin he was, and the truth is he has too much dirty business surrounding him to be a good representative for us.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
This is just a tip of the iceberg. McAfee promoted dozens of scam projects, and he charged $105,000 for a single tweet. He made tens of millions of USD (if not hundreds of millions) from these scams. When angry investors confronted him later, he refused to listen and abused them. For me, alongside Mark Karpeles and Craig Wright, John McAfee ranks as one of the worst enemies of cryptocurrency. I hope he will spend the rest of the his miserable life behind bars, without any possibility of a parole.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
I thought crypto markets were unregulated but on the other hand a fraud is a fraud no matter what form it is in. And money laundering is a kind of a joker card. You can pretty much arrest anybody with this accusation.

Is there even one crypto business out there can prove that they not laundering money? It is impossible.

The guy had this coming when he started to promote shitcoins for money though. He wasn't a saint.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Businessman John McAfee, creator of the McAfee anti-virus software, has been charged in the US with conspiracy to commit fraud and money laundering. Mr McAfee and his bodyguard Jimmy Gale Watson Jr are accused of promoting cryptocurrencies to Mr McAfee's large Twitter following to inflate prices. The currencies were then allegedly sold, making the pair $2m (£1.45m), prosecutors said. The

http://lifestyle24.site/john-mcafee-charged-with-fraud-over-cryptocurrency/
Pages:
Jump to: