Pages:
Author

Topic: John McAfee start sharing his thoughts on Alts - page 3. (Read 595 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The moment he made his first tweet showing Electroneum as his first pick of Alt/Day, I started loosing HOPE to his coin/day list thingy. Its No analysis. Just blanket facts.
he seems like a "good guy" but he's just an opportunist like others sitting on the crypto throne.

Eventually, his tweets will act like a PnD, nothing more I expect here.
totally agree, this is the way famous make money like CEO of JP morgan do Cheesy
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
Smells like some scammy pump and dump schemes are surrounding John, easy money.

Yeah,, and that was a good news because that means easy money for us too... I started following him ~
Activity: 252
Merit: 37
That's the power of influence! Well, he's a tech pioneer and cybersecurity visionary so his words have an authority with it.
Just look at the massive number of followers he has on twitter, almost 250K+. That could be  deal breaker for a cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
Yesterday John McAfee posted on his twitter account that he will share his thoughts on unique altcoins and he said "most of 2,000 are trash" and today he posted on twitter that ETN is one of those unique coins and boom ETN price pumped 30%. With his daily posts about alts that believe is good, will this affect the altcoins price or this will tarnish his reputation.

Is John McAfee really saying that Electroneum is a good cryptocoin? I reckon that might tarnish his reputation. But he already did that by supporting Jihan Wu and Craig Wright. He is for the miners and the centralization of bitcoin, not for the community.

In any case, he is also a clown and no one should listen to him.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
I hate McAfee products, but I do respect the man for his views on government and privacy.

I would just use his daily twitter posts to make quick profit
Activity: 336
Merit: 154
Yesterday John McAfee posted on his twitter account that he will share his thoughts on unique altcoins and he said "most of 2,000 are trash" and today he posted on twitter that ETN is one of those unique coins and boom ETN price pumped 30%. With his daily posts about alts that believe is good, will this affect the altcoins price or this will tarnish his reputation.

He found the way to turn over the investments he made. He's just using this method. Because the idea of ​​a well-known person is much more important.
In addition, 30% increase is minimal. Anyone can do that. Smiley
Activity: 201
The problem is he has an influenece over the market and peoples emotions. Just ride the waves guys. Buy in sell high. If you dont someone else will. He will soon make himself redunadant if he starts speaking a load of shit which i hope doeant actually happen. Lets see ill be watching his twitter feed to see the next coin announced
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
well if he does that every day and your lucky to be there when he announces them it's a good thing to start buying that coin since it will probably go up in a few hours
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

would anyone actually follow his indications? well maybe for the speculative pump I guess
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
Afaik McAfee is behind the recent Verge pump
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
seems very mislead
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 196

Interesting to know if his thought affected to altcoin which he share in twitter.
If its really working, i will start following his twitter then to get information.
Activity: 15
Then I looked up the CEO and his previous jobs are managing retail clothing stores.  WTF

nice detective work LOL. I never thought of doing that. I thought I was thorough just because I read whitepapers, but obviously I need to step up my game
Activity: 236
John McAfee is a very interesting person. I would say, mysterious. Motives for his actions are probably only known to him. Because it's really hard to understand it.
Can he in this way helps to raise rate for some interesting to himself altcoins? Maybe..
Activity: 392
Well he did mention this

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/943927015656316928

That he doesn't hold any position in electroneum and so he is not pumping for any gains.

@Ashcoins

Shared workspace in bay area is common and another common thing here is starting a company in a garage Wink and so that doesn't make it a scam.

But truly how would you really know he doesn't hold any position in any of the altcoins he says or going to say are good. Honestly if he has that much of a influence he would be stupid not to be buying up the altcoin the day before he tweets it's good and taking profits from the pump.

Yeah I don't buy it.  And riding his pump/dump announcements is a legit strategy but throwing money at his crappy ICO is a whole another thing. 

@deepcryptomine - if the shared space was the only issue, I would agree, but that KWH looks fishy all around.

Oh understood. I tried to visit the website but it seems to be down with unknown host error. I will check it out once it is back online.
Activity: 15

@Ashcoins

Shared workspace in bay area is common and another common thing here is starting a company in a garage Wink and so that doesn't make it a scam.

McAfee also stated it was his brain child or something right? Hope it's not a scam lol.
Activity: 392
Well he did mention this

That he doesn't hold any position in electroneum and so he is not pumping for any gains.

@Ashcoins

But truly how would you really know he doesn't hold any position in any of the altcoins he says or going to say are good. Honestly if he has that much of a influence he would be stupid not to be buying up the altcoin the day before he tweets it's good and taking profits from the pump.

That is true. There is no way of knowing since he did mention this in another tweet.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/943630578364112898

To quote "Most of the 2,000 coins are trash or scams. I've read every white paper. The few I'm connected to I will tell you. The rest I have no position in."

So that quote kinda contradicts the other.

I didn't pay attention to his recommendation but other he has recommended has also climbed higher. I will try to see if I can get some profit from this.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Well he did mention this

@Ashcoins

Yeah I don't buy it.  And riding his pump/dump announcements is a legit strategy but throwing money at his crappy ICO is a whole another thing. 

@deepcryptomine - if the shared space was the only issue, I would agree, but that KWH looks fishy all around.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
Well he did mention this

@Ashcoins

Pages:
Jump to: