Pages:
Author

Topic: Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 20. (Read 21591 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 23, 2015, 01:29:40 PM
LOL... find the block and I absolutely will give that coin to you Smiley

Okay I moved this to you

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
December 23, 2015, 11:54:25 AM
LOL... find the block and I absolutely will give that coin to you Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 23, 2015, 11:45:14 AM
nicehash.com usually.  MRR also is a good choice but I usually find their prices to be higher.

And...

I can also vouch for nicehash.

I got lucky the two times I used it at a few different pools and they both went on good luck streaks so the PPLNS worked out in my favor (meaning I earned back what I spent and then some).

Thanks guys!!!

It took some additional help from Jonny -- but I was able to get it to work here...

In the meantime -- I played around with another pool and had the same luck Btcmke had!!!

I'm considering moving my machines over -- but I have a question...

It appears that mining-bravo keeps your work record -- like forever (until a block is found/built)...

In the current pool I'm mining at -- we only get credit for the last 10 shifts...

So, my question is:  If I mined here for a week (example purposes) and then went somewhere else -- and then 2 weeks bravo found a block -- would I still get paid for the week that I was here???

I'm not advocating short term participation -- I'm just trying to clarify...

Thanks again for your help...

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Let's see if I can help clarify things.  The pool pays out using PPLNS.  That means shares have a shelf life.  Currently, it's set to 5N, where N is calculated dynamically based upon the shares of the previous 5 rounds.  All things being equal, that translates into about 5 blocks worth of payments per share.  In other words, if the pool finds blocks at exactly 100% luck, then your share would be paid 5 times.

As with all PPLNS pools, there's the concept of "ramping", where you build up to your theoretical expected payout per share.  For the sake of this explanation, let's assume the pool finds one block per day.  Also, let's assume you mine for 10 days.  Here's how it would break down:

Day 1 - 1/5 expected
Day 2 - 2/5 expected
Day 3 - 3/5 expected
Day 4 - 4/5 expected
Day 5 - 5/5 expected
Day 6 - 5/5 expected
Day 7 - 5/5 expected
Day 8 - 5/5 expected
Day 9 - 5/5 expected
Day 10 - 5/5 expected
Day 11 - 4/5 expected
Day 12 - 3/5 expected
Day 13 - 2/5 expected
Day 14 - 1/5 expected
Day 15 - 0

As you can see, it all adds up.  You mine for 10 days, and you get 10 days of expected payouts... they're just spread out over 15 days Smiley

Good luck with your rental!!!  I really want to give that BTC to somebody for Christmas!

You *could* just give it to me Smiley    I'm hoping a block shows up!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
December 23, 2015, 11:26:04 AM
nicehash.com usually.  MRR also is a good choice but I usually find their prices to be higher.

And...

I got lucky the two times I used it at a few different pools and they both went on good luck streaks so the PPLNS worked out in my favor (meaning I earned back what I spent and then some).

Thanks guys!!!

It took some additional help from Jonny -- but I was able to get it to work here...

In the meantime -- I played around with another pool and had the same luck Btcmke had!!!

It appears that mining-bravo keeps your work record -- like forever (until a block is found/built)...

In the current pool I'm mining at -- we only get credit for the last 10 shifts...

So, my question is:  If I mined here for a week (example purposes) and then went somewhere else -- and then 2 weeks bravo found a block -- would I still get paid for the week that I was here???

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Let's see if I can help clarify things.  The pool pays out using PPLNS.  That means shares have a shelf life.  Currently, it's set to 5N, where N is calculated dynamically based upon the shares of the previous 5 rounds.  All things being equal, that translates into about 5 blocks worth of payments per share.  In other words, if the pool finds blocks at exactly 100% luck, then your share would be paid 5 times.

As with all PPLNS pools, there's the concept of "ramping", where you build up to your theoretical expected payout per share.  For the sake of this explanation, let's assume the pool finds one block per day.  Also, let's assume you mine for 10 days.  Here's how it would break down:

Day 1 - 1/5 expected
Day 2 - 2/5 expected
Day 3 - 3/5 expected
Day 4 - 4/5 expected
Day 5 - 5/5 expected
Day 6 - 5/5 expected
Day 7 - 5/5 expected
Day 8 - 5/5 expected
Day 9 - 5/5 expected
Day 10 - 5/5 expected
Day 11 - 4/5 expected
Day 12 - 3/5 expected
Day 13 - 2/5 expected
Day 14 - 1/5 expected
Day 15 - 0

As you can see, it all adds up.  You mine for 10 days, and you get 10 days of expected payouts... they're just spread out over 15 days Smiley

Good luck with your rental!!!  I really want to give that BTC to somebody for Christmas!
December 23, 2015, 11:19:11 AM

And...

Thanks guys!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

This is also a PPLNS pool so yes.  Any work you put in towards the next block will count towards any rewards received.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
December 23, 2015, 11:05:45 AM
Just rented 100TH for the next day... Let's hope we hit the second block Smiley
Activity: 228
December 23, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

And...

Thanks guys!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
December 23, 2015, 10:02:58 AM
Outside Philadelphia on the PA side or NJ?  I've worked in King of Prussia.

Also, the pool is up to around 150TH!  Good luck to everyone!  Let's pop that block Smiley

On the PA side. I grew up in Havertown and then we moved out to Devon in my Middle/High School years. I spent many days being a mall rat at the KoP mall  Cool
The KoP mall... been there a few times Smiley.  I stayed in Conshohocken.  There's a great pub called Baggataway I frequented quite a bit.

Now I'm spending my work weeks in Jacksonville.  I might end up moving down to FL, too.  Getting a bit tired of the winters up north... of course, so far this year has been unreal... it's going to be 75 degrees tomorrow.

Oh... and I joined the pool party with a couple hundred TH for the next couple days.  We're up to about 450TH!

That's cool, my first real IT job was in Conshohocken right before Y2K. I got sick of the Winters too & decided I wanted to live near the beach, now it's like I'm on vacation all the time  Wink The pool is rocking, I hope we get lucky soon!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
December 23, 2015, 09:53:48 AM

Also, the pool is up to around 150TH!  Good luck to everyone!  Let's pop that block Smiley

On the PA side. I grew up in Havertown and then we moved out to Devon in my Middle/High School years. I spent many days being a mall rat at the KoP mall  Cool
The KoP mall... been there a few times Smiley.  I stayed in Conshohocken.  There's a great pub called Baggataway I frequented quite a bit.

Now I'm spending my work weeks in Jacksonville.  I might end up moving down to FL, too.  Getting a bit tired of the winters up north... of course, so far this year has been unreal... it's going to be 75 degrees tomorrow.

Oh... and I joined the pool party with a couple hundred TH for the next couple days.  We're up to about 450TH!
December 23, 2015, 08:22:10 AM
I'm in with some hash - YuenglingDude  Grin Let's get some blocks!

I drank a bunch of Yuengling this summer.  It was a special all summer long at AmVets near our camp!

It's my favorite beer & America's oldest brewery.  If you're ever in Pottsville, PA go take the tour of the brewery, it's well worth it  Wink

I will I am on other side of state in Northwest, PA.  Don't get down that way very often.

Adding 20TH to pool also for next couple days.  Smiley

Nice, I grew up outside of Philly but now I'm down in FL. We have a Yuengling brewery in Tampa too but the one in Pottsville is still the best. I've got some rentals pointed here too for a few days so we'll see what happens  Wink

Oh I will be in tampa in March.  Brandon to be exact.  Where is tampa brewery located at?

483TH...nice!

Good time of the year to come down (Spring Training & Spring Break). The brewery is on 30th street, near Bush Gardens which is north of Brandon, probably about a 30 minute drive.
Activity: 214
1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ
December 23, 2015, 07:24:17 AM
I'm in with some hash - YuenglingDude  Grin Let's get some blocks!

I drank a bunch of Yuengling this summer.  It was a special all summer long at AmVets near our camp!

It's my favorite beer & America's oldest brewery.  If you're ever in Pottsville, PA go take the tour of the brewery, it's well worth it  Wink

I will I am on other side of state in Northwest, PA.  Don't get down that way very often.

Nice, I grew up outside of Philly but now I'm down in FL. We have a Yuengling brewery in Tampa too but the one in Pottsville is still the best. I've got some rentals pointed here too for a few days so we'll see what happens  Wink

Oh I will be in tampa in March.  Brandon to be exact.  Where is tampa brewery located at?

483TH...nice!
Activity: 200
Merit: 103
Hello Bitcoin World!!
December 23, 2015, 01:16:40 AM
Woohooo We are up too 373.335 TH/s
December 23, 2015, 12:21:31 AM

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
December 22, 2015, 11:40:25 PM

December 22, 2015, 10:54:37 PM
I'm in with some hash - YuenglingDude  Grin Let's get some blocks!

I drank a bunch of Yuengling this summer.  It was a special all summer long at AmVets near our camp!

It's my favorite beer & America's oldest brewery.  If you're ever in Pottsville, PA go take the tour of the brewery, it's well worth it  Wink

I will I am on other side of state in Northwest, PA.  Don't get down that way very often.

Activity: 214
1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ
December 22, 2015, 10:31:19 PM
I'm in with some hash - YuenglingDude  Grin Let's get some blocks!

I drank a bunch of Yuengling this summer.  It was a special all summer long at AmVets near our camp!

It's my favorite beer & America's oldest brewery.  If you're ever in Pottsville, PA go take the tour of the brewery, it's well worth it  Wink

I will I am on other side of state in Northwest, PA.  Don't get down that way very often.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 10:10:49 PM
We will hit 150-200th nice job all!  Grin

Good job Jonny
December 22, 2015, 10:09:34 PM
I have about 35-40TH for the next day or so at the pool Smiley  (just ramping up now).
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 10:09:10 PM
Don't want to pull my rigs from Kano, but I'll rent a bit of hash to join the party. Smiley Good luck, all!

You better do it  Tongue
Activity: 206
December 22, 2015, 10:06:07 PM
I have had 5 TH going for 35+ hours and still got 20 hours left.
I shut off miners at home during peak hours.
Pages:
Jump to: