Pages:
Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game - page 74. (Read 435353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

In this reddit thread it's said TF made all time high bets on JD, is that true?
Back when JD was new, when the ATH was small and when BTCUSD was low. The bets are from my own funds.

BTCUSD low ? I wasn't aware JD was operating since 2012 or earlier.

Low is relative term. You can bet $300 per coin will look extremely low if BTC is still around in 2017.

Low here is not relative since BTCUSD wasn't low since JD started operating.

It wasn't? AFAIK J-D started operating at the very end of June, and just a few days after we had a low of $63 on Bitstamp. Now its almost 5 times higher, thus we can say that $63 was low.

As I said, if BTC is still around in 2017 $300 per coin will look very low.

$63, $50, $40 are all not low. Bitcoin used to be worth close to nothing, so this entire year is almost entirely very high. Saying that bets were done when BTCUSD was low has no meaning here.

So I guess that for you $1 per coin is extremely high, considering that in October 2010 you could have bought 1 coin for $0.06
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead

Back when JD was new, when the ATH was small and when BTCUSD was low. The bets are from my own funds.

Low is relative term. You can bet $300 per coin will look extremely low if BTC is still around in 2017.

It wasn't? AFAIK J-D started operating at the very end of June, and just a few days after we had a low of $63 on Bitstamp. Now its almost 5 times higher, thus we can say that $63 was low.

$63, $50, $40 are all not low. Bitcoin used to be worth close to nothing, so this entire year is almost entirely very high. Saying that bets were done when BTCUSD was low has no meaning here.
legendary

nearly dead

legendary

nearly dead

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
TF says he'll redeposit in the future, at which point JD will start taking input.io deposits again.

what's crackin' ?  Cool need help?

Before we started accepting inputs.io deposits, I made an arrangement with TF that I would hold his funds 'hostage' at JD, so that if inputs ever 'lost' the coins JD users had deposited, we would take them back from his JD balance.

It turns out that inputs did lose 42.xx BTC of JD funds, and we took those 42.xx BTC out of TF's JD balance, as planned.

He came into the JD chat, asking to withdraw the rest of the balance.  Since we are no longer accepting inputs.io deposits since the hack, it seemed only fair to allow him to withdraw the remainder of his balance, which he did.

So JD and TF are "all square" now.  It's a shame we can't offer instant deposits to users any more.  Perhaps some other web wallet will step up and take their place, offering instant deposits.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
The Just-Dice account just had its balance stolen, despite using a very secure password, google-authenticator, and GPG.

Please keep us updated.

The current situation is that I took 42 BTC from TradeFortress' Just-Dice account to replace the stolen coins, and then let him withdraw the rest.

So we current are not holding any of his coins "hostage", and therefore can no longer accept inputs.io deposits without risking client funds.

TF says he'll redeposit in the future, at which point JD will start taking input.io deposits again.

what's crackin' ?  Cool need help?
legendary
The Just-Dice account just had its balance stolen, despite using a very secure password, google-authenticator, and GPG.

Please keep us updated.

The current situation is that I took 42 BTC from TradeFortress' Just-Dice account to replace the stolen coins, and then let him withdraw the rest.

So we current are not holding any of his coins "hostage", and therefore can no longer accept inputs.io deposits without risking client funds.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Please don't deposit using inputs.io until further notice.

I've contacted inputs.io support asking how this happened, and have disabled the code that credits inputs deposits to JD.

Edit: the amount stolen was a little over 42 BTC.  Not huge, and covered by TF's collateral deposit.

ya wow i'm going to remove the inputs.io stuff from my page too!  Roll Eyes
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
A full update will be posted soon, don't panic. Only people with the API key enabled was compromised (and will be reimbursed), passwords are securely stored one way in the database.

Security is obviously the most important thing to a Bitcoin wallet, and it's unfortunate that a compromise occurred, and we're learning a lot from it (things that pentests won't catch).

There will be a full update soon, but this compromise was not through a fault of the code but rather like a 'side channel' attack.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
There's a bunch of people on Reddit talking about it; they were hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Please keep us updated.

It looks like it's nothing to do with Just-Dice, but is a bigger issue with inputs.io:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pw46j/someone_just_transferred_0095_from_my_inputsio/

Same by me! My topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/someone-hacked-my-inputsio-accoounthelp-me-324967
Read it and the same address with note "1"
The BTC was sent here:   15Ctwosw7VCNHp5Rp1ZoviLaV41nZ59spx
legendary

Please keep us updated.

It looks like it's nothing to do with Just-Dice, but is a bigger issue with inputs.io:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pw46j/someone_just_transferred_0095_from_my_inputsio/
Activity: 634

Please keep us updated.
legendary

I've contacted inputs.io support asking how this happened, and have disabled the code that credits inputs deposits to JD.

Edit: the amount stolen was a little over 42 BTC.  Not huge, and covered by TF's collateral deposit.
Activity: 728
I think a graph without Nakowas bets, comparing profit and 1% of wagered, would be quite telling. Possibly exclude Mechs' bets too.
Pages:
Jump to: