Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : now with added CLAMs : Play or Invest - page 233. (Read 454540 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto

Don't try this at home.

Actually, don't try this at work either.

If I had only rolled hi instead of lo ...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Not just theoretical - this has real world inferences! If you make 1000 bets per second on 99.9999, then on average once every 3.170979e+23 years you could be a little less lucky. I think it's important your longer lived customers know about this problem.

Thanks for doing the math.  I knew it was a tiny difference but didn't work out just how tiny.  10^23 years you say?  That is quite a long time.
legendary
Do you have a refferal program?

I might have some serious investor. (including myself  Wink)

I don't, yet.  I've thought about it but couldn't really work out:

a) how to finance it to make it worthwhile or
b) how to police it such that people don't 'refer themselves'

The house edge is only 1%, and 99% of that 1% goes to the investors already.  So the site gets 1% of 1% of turnover to pay for promotion.  I don't know that offering you some percentage of 1% of 1% of turnover is going to excite you much is it!

I think investing is its own reward - you get to keep 99% of any profits you make from it.  And once invested, it's in your interest to refer people, since you then directly benefit from their play.

I'm going to have to see what the 1% of investor profits looks like in reality before I commit to spending it, but watch this space...
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Why is rolling exactly 99.9999 harder than rolling exactly 0.0000?

I had forgotten about it, but since we need a 6 digit number between 000000 and 999999 for the roll, I take the 128 character hmac-sha512 hash and break in into groups of 5 hex digits.  Each group represents a number between 0 and slightly over 1 million.  If the number is less than a million, I use it, else I look at the next group of 5.  There's pretty much 0 chance (1 in 1e34 or so?) of getting through all 25 groups, but if I do, I use the remaining 3 hex digits, which is a very low number.  So rolling low is ever so slightly easier than rolling high, but only in theory.  In practice it's exactly the same.

In case you prefer code to English:  https://just-dice.com/lucky.txt

Not just theoretical - this has real world inferences! If you make 1000 bets per second on 99.9999, then on average once every 3.170979e+23 years you could be a little less lucky. I think it's important your longer lived customers know about this problem.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Do you have a refferal program?

I might have some serious investor. (including myself  Wink)
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
That's MP of MPOE and MPEx
legendary
I took the afternoon off today, after spending most of the last 48h obsessing over the site.

When I got back the site had suffered a 12 BTC loss.

Apparently some guy calling himself "mp" had some luck:

and quit while he was ahead.

Well played Sir!
legendary

I had forgotten about it, but since we need a 6 digit number between 000000 and 999999 for the roll, I take the 128 character hmac-sha512 hash and break in into groups of 5 hex digits.  Each group represents a number between 0 and slightly over 1 million.  If the number is less than a million, I use it, else I look at the next group of 5.  There's pretty much 0 chance (1 in 1e34 or so?) of getting through all 25 groups, but if I do, I use the remaining 3 hex digits, which is a very low number.  So rolling low is ever so slightly easier than rolling high, but only in theory.  In practice it's exactly the same.

In case you prefer code to English:  https://just-dice.com/lucky.txt
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
You stole the millionth bet and the first million-to-one win, but I will be the first to win the "technically hardest" bet!

If you don't have it by tomorrow morning I will beat you to it Cheesy
0xFB0D8D1534241423
In the unlikely event that none of the 25 groups of five characters are lower than 1 million when convered to decimal, we use the remaining 3 hex digits, which give a number in the range 0 through 4095, which corresponds to a dice roll of 0.0000 through 0.4095.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
As linked twice already, the second to hardest bet has been won once already: Roll exactly 0.0000

Second to hardest?  What's harder?

It occurs a little bit less as you should know.

0xFB0D8D1534241423
As linked twice already, the second to hardest bet has been won once already: Roll exactly 0.0000

Second to hardest?  What's harder?

Aha!
*switches bot to bet high*
You stole the millionth bet and the first million-to-one win, but I will be the first to win the "technically hardest" bet!

Second to hardest?  What's harder?

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Awesome job Dooglus! I played a bit while you were testing the site out, but since it's live now I've established my account. I'm not much for this kind of gambling, but I'm quite drawn to the investing aspect.

Side note - Are you going to maintain statistics on your own site (like SD)? Tongue

Heh, of course!  I want to have live charts on-site so you can see at a glance how your investment is doing, etc.

I look forward to them! I've invested a bit for now just to see how it goes. Once the site has grown its user-base in the coming weeks / months (and stats start being posted Tongue), I'll surely put in quite a bit more Wink
legendary

Second to hardest?  What's harder?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hey Smiley Can you give me some coins to try this game?
ID 313
Thanks Smiley
Going to be trying the 1% edge, or .001% edge one day. Guessing nobody won it before, so hopefully I am the first.

(Yup, going to lose all of my Bitcoins on it.)

Activity: -
Merit: -
Going to be trying the 1% edge, or .001% edge one day. Guessing nobody won it before, so hopefully I am the first.

(Yup, going to lose all of my Bitcoins on it.)
legendary
I found your site very cool! Great features and a simple UI.

Your idea behind the "invest" part will be set by other gambling site in less than 2weeks, pretty sure!

But, it does nothing when I hit "H" or "L". Must I have more than the minimum bet in my balance?

There's no minimum bet.  You can bet zero if you like.

The keyboard shortcuts are disabled on tabs with input boxes on them, because otherwise it's too easy to accidentally bet when click outside the input box.  Go to the 'all bets' tab and type 'H' or 'L' there.

If it still doesn't work, are any of the input boxes pink?  That indicates invalid values.  Like you're trying to bet over the maximum chance to win, you've typed a letter into a box expecting a number, you're trying to bet more than you have, etc.

Or maybe the site just doesn't work with your browser?  What's your userid so I can look up what browser you're using?
legendary
1,000,000 bets reached!

In less than 2 days.  Thanks guys for all your support!

The maximum profit-per-roll is up over 25 BTC now thanks to another big investment overnight.

Now all we need are the big players.  Not everyone has to be an investor, you know!  Wink
Jump to: