Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : now with added CLAMs : Play or Invest - page 232. (Read 454540 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Absolutely love the site.  The interface seemed intimidating/confusing at first, but it grew on me very fast once I started tinkering.

I hope the in-your-face complexity of it doesn't stop too many people getting past that.  I'm thinking maybe have it default to a much simpler interface, and allow the users to switch to 'advanced mode' once they're more comfortable.  But I'll get advice from people with proper design skills first.

it will be interesting to see what happens if it gets absurdly large.

I'll send you a postcard from [insert name of tropical island here].  Wink

I wish my shares in satoshi dice were worth selling, because I'd feel a whole lot better with those coins in your bankroll.

I'm in the same boat.  They're down too much to sell, but probably only going lower.  Do I hope for the long-awaited announcement of a site overhaul?  It would be good for the share price, but bad for Just-Dice.  I guess the moral of the story is not to be invested in the competition!
legendary
dooglus you should have ran an investment site Cheesy 3100 bitcoins in just 3 days.

BTW how is "luck" calculated? Is that the house edge? And is it on a daily basis?

It's calculated bet-by-bet.  And it's the number of bets that have been won expressed as a percentage of the number that you would expect to be won.

So if you play a 10% chance-of-winning game 2000 times and win 200 times (as expected) you get luck=100%.  If you only win 180 times, the luck is 90%.

The problem is when people play the 0.0001% game (one in a million chance).  Each time they lose (which is almost every time), the luck drops a bit.  Then when they win, the luck jumps right up.  It has been won twice already (see milestone list) in less than 2 million tries, so the overall luck is well over 100%, even though the bets themselves are mostly insignificant, being all single-satoshi bets.

If anyone can think of a better way of calculating "how lucky" the players have been (individually, and as a whole) I'd love to hear it!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Here's how to make people who invested earlier gain more:

Imaging a user bid 1 BTC on 50/50. This means, out of the pool of JD, 1 BTC is wagered against him (well, actually 0.99 BTC but for simplicity I put 1).

The question is: whose BTC is being wagered against the user? Right now, it is taken from all the investements in equal proportion. What can be done instead, is that it is taken from all investments *weighted* by the time they invested they made the investment. For example, 1/5 BTC from the first month's investments, 1/4 form the second etc. In fact, better use slower decreasing weights to make the investement attractive for new users as well. For example,  [1/k(k+1) - 1/N(N+1)] weight for the BTC number k, with N being total number BTC invested.
Obviously, the wins/losses then are devided in this proportions.

one issue with this is that a common pattern could be:

divest all
gamble
invest all

I don't see how that could be a problem. If you divest and then reinvest then of course your investement moves all the way to the end of the line, and will be earning less. Wheter you gamble in between doesn't matter.
No. Let's say you are really good at this game.
You take away your 1000BTC investment. Now you use your gambling skills to win back all the other investments with your 1000BTC. You know have, let's say, 2000BTC.

You now own the entire bankroll. You invest it all. Congratulations. You own all the site's money.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
Thanks!
Activity: 333
Merit: 252

Imaging a user bid 1 BTC on 50/50. This means, out of the pool of JD, 1 BTC is wagered against him (well, actually 0.99 BTC but for simplicity I put 1).

The question is: whose BTC is being wagered against the user? Right now, it is taken from all the investements in equal proportion. What can be done instead, is that it is taken from all investments *weighted* by the time they invested they made the investment. For example, 1/5 BTC from the first month's investments, 1/4 form the second etc. In fact, better use slower decreasing weights to make the investement attractive for new users as well. For example,  [1/k(k+1) - 1/N(N+1)] weight for the BTC number k, with N being total number BTC invested.

divest all
gamble
invest all

I don't see how that could be a problem. If you divest and then reinvest then of course your investement moves all the way to the end of the line, and will be earning less. Wheter you gamble in between doesn't matter.
Activity: 196
Whooo! I won the hardest bet on the site: >99.9998!
If you could dig up the link, dooglus, that'd be great. I seem to have pushed it off the page.

After how many 0.00000001 bets?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
My userID is 1263, looks like a great site, will give it a shot!
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

Thanks
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Whooo! I won the hardest bet on the site: >99.9998!
If you could dig up the link, dooglus, that'd be great. I seem to have pushed it off the page.
Activity: 420
dooglus you should have ran an investment site Cheesy 3100 bitcoins in just 3 days.

BTW how is "luck" calculated? Is that the house edge? And is it on a daily basis?
legendary
69 2013-06-21 08:04:32 (1) manually crediting user 525 with amount 0.01 Kais
70 2013-06-21 08:41:47 (1) manually crediting user 673 with amount 0.01         
71 2013-06-21 18:35:57 (1) manually crediting user 829 with amount 0.01         
72 2013-06-21 18:49:57 (1) manually crediting user 733 with amount 0.01 Feedeer
73 2013-06-21 22:16:23 (1) manually crediting user 313 with amount 0.01 wazaaster
74 2013-06-22 05:18:11 (1) manually crediting user 571 with amount 0.01         
75 2013-06-22 09:47:21 (1) manually crediting user 367 with amount 0.01 likl3sfuhjh
76 2013-06-22 09:49:27 (1) manually crediting user 1163 with amount 0.01 Jet
77 2013-06-22 16:40:54 (1) manually crediting user 715 with amount 0.01 Sukrim

So I've been giving out the 0.01 BTC to those who posted still, but not to accounts that look like dupes.  I'll keep it going, but please don't post if you're a noob account with nothing but "free coinz pls" style posts.  Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

divest all
gamble
invest all

perhaps there could be two "investment" options... a sort of short term holding, and then a long-term holding that you cannot move as quickly (without penalty?), where these sorts of bonuses to maturity would apply?

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I took the afternoon off today, after spending most of the last 48h obsessing over the site.

When I got back the site had suffered a 12 BTC loss.

Apparently some guy calling himself "mp" had some luck:

and quit while he was ahead.

Well played Sir!

Lol MP makes the news.
Activity: 333
Merit: 252

The question is: whose BTC is being wagered against the user? Right now, it is taken from all the investements in equal proportion. What can be done instead, is that it is taken from all investments *weighted* by the time they invested they made the investment. For example, 1/5 BTC from the first month's investments, 1/4 form the second etc. In fact, better use slower decreasing weights to make the investement attractive for new users as well. For example,  [1/k(k+1) - 1/N(N+1)] weight for the BTC number k, with N being total number BTC invested.
Activity: 168
Absolutely love the site.  The interface seemed intimidating/confusing at first, but it grew on me very fast once I started tinkering.

The investment tab is lovely, and at first glance I didn't think it would scale well--then I realized as the bankroll grows, the incentive for whales to bet increases.  Still, it will be interesting to see what happens if it gets absurdly large.

I wish my shares in satoshi dice were worth selling, because I'd feel a whole lot better with those coins in your bankroll.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I've suspended the promotion for the time being due to an influx of low-count newbie spam bots.  I'll come up with an alternative scheme.  Suggestions welcome.  Smiley

You could give some BTC to every person who deposit 0.001 or something in this area!

Like an early bird bonus. For being in the first group of people as soon as it launched. (Like me.) And also a volume bonus. For buying 1 BTC worth, get an extra ticket. (wait, I think I'm talking about another game.)
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
715 here, anyways the bank seems still quite lucky today (3.9k wagered, house is 89 up instead of 39)
Jet
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
ID is 1163. Really like your site. Cya there in a second. Grin
Activity: 335
USER ID 367

Grin

Cool site has active in game chat.
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
I've suspended the promotion for the time being due to an influx of low-count newbie spam bots.  I'll come up with an alternative scheme.  Suggestions welcome.  Smiley

You could give some BTC to every person who deposit 0.001 or something in this area!
Jump to: