Pages:
Author

Topic: Just saw this Etherdelta news, how you guys think?? RIP?? - page 3. (Read 738 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
EtherDelta was one of my favorites, but now their greed is killing them. I think that they'll loose a huge amount of trading volume. If they stop listing new tokens for free, it will be definitely the end.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hope they can get their shit together. One of my larger investments are currently just listed on Etherdelta and nowhere else.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
if stoping the new coin to be listed on etherdelta can stop and make the etherdelta secure i thing it would be best to do it. maybe it not for forever but just until the problem solve and the safety is guaranted. etherdelta have a good potential thought. they can be big but many thing should be impirove.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I hope etherdelta would be more secured in the upcoming years,its very unhealthy to the one exchange to get hacked a lot of people will lose a lot of money and trust to the crypto,this will be a good thing for the new investors to specify if the ICO will be listed to major exchanges or not.
Activity: 157
Etherdelta stop listing new token/coin , due In order to protect EtherDelta users and investors benefit.
the full story ===>https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/in-order-to-protect-etherdelta-users-and-investors-benefit-we-have-decided-that-during-the-bd33464dbca0

Oh!the site cannot be found, this site was deleted and maybe because the news was a big fuss. This kind of news was maybe just one of none sense news , something created just to make fun or to slander the etherdelta. There are reasons that I think why they deleted the site, first, they protecting the image of etherdelta, second, this might be not true and this information will affect the transaction in etherdelta which is really happening because of the news that it was hacked. 
The first thing that comes to my mind about this RIP is REST IN PEACE and I'm making conclusions that this mean the etherdelta will die??? I hope not. It was just my conclusion since I can't read the news on link anymore because it was deleted.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
I hope it won't die, but I get out all my stuff from ED yesterday. I know that there is the possibility to make it even if it will die, but now I'm trying to avoid of using ED with big amounts...
I also take out all my token in Ether Delta as a precaution.Ether Delta today is a laughing stuff in crypto because of the hack that is being done after the replacement of the new CEO. What a great start. lol. Grin

Some people scared about not accepting new coin in etherdelta but I think this is the new strategy of etherdelta team I hope they upgrade the platform into new one to attract more trader I like etherdelta because it has lot of coin listed but the sad truth this trading site have lot of shitcoin the ddos hacking attact have a big affect to the trader to stay away from it.
Activity: 114
Merit: 12
I hope it won't die, but I get out all my stuff from ED yesterday. I know that there is the possibility to make it even if it will die, but now I'm trying to avoid of using ED with big amounts...
I also take out all my token in Ether Delta as a precaution.Ether Delta today is a laughing stuff in crypto because of the hack that is being done after the replacement of the new CEO. What a great start. lol. Grin
Activity: 1960
Merit: 547
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
I personally stopped using etherdelta after the phishing redirected hack and my wife also said she cannot trust it as so many fishy things are happening there. We prefer to trade our tokens on other exchanges and not in a hurry to sell tokens as soon as they get listed after ICOS. We do not mind waiting because we wish to see everything is safe and secure first as opposed to rushing things. If you do use ED please make sure you use a wallet that you do not store most of your coins and only trade one coin at a time and remove when you buy.
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
Etherdelta stop listing new token/coin , due In order to protect EtherDelta users and investors benefit.
the full story ===>https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/in-order-to-protect-etherdelta-users-and-investors-benefit-we-have-decided-that-during-the-bd33464dbca0

I don't know if it was only me but, when I open the link it says that "the author deleted this medium story". So, I guess that news was a just a big unrealistic story. Though as of now, they are facing some issues, I still don't loose hope that tomorrow it will soon become okay. And so I will get my funds already!  Sad
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
EtherDelta was a good decentralized exchanges but when they announced that I think it's a rest in peace for them. However, if you look on the other perspective it looks like some fort of anomaly like security issues and such? Maybe we can give them a time to restore their erc20 and for sure they'll recover it as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468
Agree with you. Etherdelta become so popular, because their fast listing almost all ERC20 tokens (ICO, airdrop). After new Etherdelta rules become live - new coins listing will be much less.
The author deleted this Medium story
Browse for great reads on
can You tell me why I cant read your link URL ?
do you make it the articel on medium ?

I got the archive.is version of the article. You can still read the original article here: http://archive.is/ni9ei

It is just temporarily suspended till ICO end after which they will resume with the new listing policy as explained here: https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/etherdelta-listing-policy-announcement-49c8ed4ff1f1 (new announcement)

I think its a great call and I personally welcome this. There are lot of suspicious projects and it has become hard to judge creditability of a project. Its great that by doing this they are only allowing credible project's token to be listed after ICO. So in short moving towards more secured trading environment which should be encouraged and welcomed and shouldn't be discouraged.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
won't be good for them since they are widely known for listing almost any coin, making it easy to purchase right after an ICO.
Activity: 644
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
well i think it is a good news for sometime .. as listing any erc20 token there cause the massive dump before the team decide to list the token to any other exchange..it is temporarily suspended but ED should stop listing tokens... it was also hacked some days before and i thought it is not secure to use etherdelta
Activity: 364
-, attacked
-, start ICO
-, Listing policy
Etherdelta is worst site ever, their actions are not repairing the service but instead kill this service
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May

This is bad news i think, how can new project hit exchange if etherdelta stop accepting new token?
I think we need new decentralized exchange to list the new project and hope its better than.
Activity: 129
Merit: 5
to da mooon
etherdelta's main niche was the decentralized aspect of it. Easy listing were part of it and removing that takes away from the overall appeal etherdelta once had. How sad. Who are these new chinese owners? what happened to the last dude? Why have I not heard more about this? it seems like a lot especially coming right after the hack and holiday time. This was a big shift for the biggest DAPP built on ethereum!
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
If etherdelta is listing coins to solve their vulnerability in their security system I will buy but I don't know how this CEO want to manage huge funds without thinking of security customers funds.
Activity: 202
In any case, I think we will be able to trade without listing by using the contract addresses.
That's still something to profit on sh*t coins. Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
In my opinion, this is a good news, because most of the price of Etherdelta tokens is very low, which is obviously not in line with the market price.
Pages:
Jump to: