Pages:
Author

Topic: Keeping Bitcoin Price High - page 4. (Read 5611 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 14, 2013, 12:41:01 AM
if people would sell their coins in smaller portions instead of dumping them all at once they would get more $ for their coins and the market wouldnt take a dive. but maybe they want to create panic selling to buy back lower.

Pretty much shake out the weak hands and what not its actually a really bullish point of view
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
June 14, 2013, 12:39:45 AM
if people would sell their coins in smaller portions instead of dumping them all at once they would get more $ for their coins and the market wouldnt take a dive. but maybe they want to create panic selling to buy back lower.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 14, 2013, 12:31:30 AM
That's exactly what I do. I have spent several hundred BTC on lots of stuff.
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
June 14, 2013, 12:21:51 AM
I'm trying to think of ways to have Bitcoin keep its value, instead of always fluctuating up and down.  As far as I know, it rises because lots of people buy coins, and once it hits a certain point, someone decides to sell a large amount, so the price drops a little bit, causing everyone else to sell, dropping the price lots.  It falls down, until it hits a low enough value that people wish to "buy back in", and then the price begins to rise again, and the cycle repeats.

My idea is that instead of waiting for the price to rise to sell coins, wait for the price to rise to buy something with coins.  Go to coingig, or bitcoinstore, and find an item that you want, and tell yourself "When Bitcoin hits 120$ (or any price), I'm going to buy this item instead of selling to an exchange.".

I think that this would help keep the price stable, as well as distribute the coins more, instead of keeping them all locked up in an exchange.

EDIT::  My knowledge of economics is minimal, so I could be way off.
Pages:
Jump to: