Pages:
Author

Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments - page 3. (Read 10011 times)

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Kim Dotcom needs ISP with big farm for his services, so the first thing that you have to do is convince an ISP that accept Bitcoin as payment.
After that Kim Dotcom will be really happy to accept Bitcoin as payment system. Convincing Kim Dotcom is the last step.
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
Great article on Forbes
Kim Dotcom's Pretrial Legal Funds Would Be Safe With Bitcoin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2012-07-12-forbescom-kim-dotcoms-pretrial-legal-funds-would-be-safe-with-bit-92934
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

They must be aware of BTC, yet they push users towards it.

They are being "persuaded" by MPAA/RIAA probably.

Paypal is most definitely in bed with the MPAA/RIAA. In addition, at heart they are just another ridiculous US-based financial institution that is far far more concerned with regulations and bureaucracy than they are with satisfying their customers.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

+1
legendary
Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015
e-ducat.fr
i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.

Why do you anticipate a difficulty increase with reward halving in december ? Unless the BTC price doubles, I would anticipate the opposite, miners dropping out.
Only FPGAs and ASICS will cause a (gradual) difficulty increase but we may not see it until mid 2013.
Right now, difficulty is below were it was a year ago.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Until bitcoin gets very big the problem is cashing it out to fiat. Thats the point of failure and as such the government can just seize it there, or tax it or whatever.

Small time, it's easy to use for whatever.

To depend on it for sizeable income or for a large business would kill you.

Nobody needs to depend on it, and this is an important point. To add Bitcoin support doesn't mean to remove other payment methods. If a company accepted BTC, then BTC got impeded in some way, then the company is no worse off than before it accepted BTC.
Activity: 686
Wat
If a megabox contained an ASIC chip that could get interesting....
Activity: 518
from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
from @coinlab to @KimDotcom
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Something very interesting is about to happen  Grin

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.

Or they could mine for something actually useful, supported, and relevant like BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
Interesting.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
If every Wii sold had a 3.5Gh/s mining ASIC inside it that drew negligible amounts of power, the resulting network security would be absolutely immense. If Megabox could pull off something like this, it would be epic.
Activity: 420
Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes

i wasn't imagining the coin being for those persons, but mined to support the development of the software.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 308
Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.
It baffles me how they managed to score $500,000 in seed funding.
Activity: 420
from @KimDotcom

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.

Activity: 518
from @KimDotcom

Make bitcoin the next real player! What could possibly go wrong?!  Tongue

I can see lots of ways that this idea could go wrong and few that can go right.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Yeh wtf, get them to ACCEPT bitcoins as purchasing power.

What the hell is up with mining for songs. lol
Pages:
Jump to: