Pages:
Author

Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments - page 4. (Read 10011 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
from @coinlab to @KimDotcom
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Something very interesting is about to happen  Grin

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
from @coinlab to @KimDotcom
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Something very interesting is about to happen  Grin
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I'd wait for ASICs to level out the hash-rate thus price before going mainstream.

The number of transactions is not a problem here.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

As I always say, nothing gets features implemented like the imminent catastrophe!

+5 +3 +3 ++ +9 +3 +3 +5
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
.                                .
     .                       .
         .        +1    .
              .       .
+1 +1 +1 +1      +1 +1 +1
+5 +3 +3 +9 ++ +3 +3 +5

I got depressed till I read the follow-up post.

~Bruno~
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago.  

Maybe he has heard of it, but from his short tweet it sure doesn't.

Mafia enterprises doesnt allways know about the latest technologies, if they make money they rarely look beyond the imminent problems until its too late. Just a bit of history, Capone got away with alot but eventually fell from "grace" due to not thinking properly about his accounting affairs. Wink

OR, he is already invested heavily and ready to help run the price up for a pump and dump.

Pirate = or /= to Kim Dotcom?

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Well, go to Las Vegas for the convention and see if Pirate is a hugely fat German guy.  My bet is that he dresses like Jack Sparrow.

HAHA!
Activity: 530
We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.
To bad the guys from Grooveshark didn't want to accept Bitcoin.
Now lets hope Megabox will.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
I haven't found much on TOR, but I2P is great for filesharing. TOR's best for anonymous browsing of the public web.
Don't know how much protection they need, but with TOR they could operate like SR... although likely only for torrents..

Perhaps just saving funds as BTC and switching servers now and then would be enough.
Activity: 658
Until bitcoin gets very big the problem is cashing it out to fiat. Thats the point of failure and as such the government can just seize it there, or tax it or whatever.

Small time, it's easy to use for whatever.

To depend on it for sizeable income or for a large business would kill you.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago.  

Mafia enterprises doesnt allways know about the latest technologies, if they make money they rarely look beyond the imminent problems until its too late. Just a bit of history, Capone got away with alot but eventually fell from "grace" due to not thinking properly about his accounting affairs. Wink

OR, he is already invested heavily and ready to help run the price up for a pump and dump.

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Kim loves playing online games and we all know Pirates dont know about this technology stuff. Wink
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
Kim must hate the US more than anyone. Imagine if BTC/tor hidden services became the new way to pay for/access illegal downloads.

I haven't found much on TOR, but I2P is great for filesharing. TOR's best for anonymous browsing of the public web.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Well, go to Las Vegas for the convention and see if Pirate is a hugely fat German guy.  My bet is that he dresses like Jack Sparrow.
Activity: 103

Hmmmmm.........

Wink
Activity: 98
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
BTCUMP!
Activity: 518

Good point  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

Activity: 518
Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago. 

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
uploaded.to already takes bitcoins... if all file sharing sites did, it would be awesome

see sig.
maybe not all, but indirectly through premiumize.me you get something between 10-20 including all the most popular ones. i got a 180-day subcription there bought for 20€ in bitcoins (5btc at the time) and even though i dont download that much its really terribly convenient to have access to pretty much everything you might come across without even having to login. filehoster access with btc is pretty much a solved problem imho.

anyways, having him on board would still be good news, even if its just for the publicity at first.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Back to subject, I hope the Kim realizes that when he had done MegaUpload using Bitcoins, the FBI would had a hard time freezing those.

already wrote him a mail about that...
and the nice pseudonymity features...which makes it impossible to be sure to seize ALL funds
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

Sure  Roll Eyes
Folks where up and downloading gigabytes per DAY using MegaUpload - I am pretty sure they can handle something as laughable tiny as the blockchain.
Nice try, tho

I don't think he was referring to megaupload themselves handling the blockchain, but everyone else who needs the blockchain dealing with it.  It seems that the rapidly increasing blockchain size is something of a major hurdle atm.

I was talking about the actual users. Who do you think was downloading all those HD movies of several GBs on MegaUpload?
The blockchain is smaller than one of those HD movies - dont even look at those 20GB+ BR rips.
And there are tons of web sites out there, where people watch movies in realtime, streaming it. And you really thing someone cares about a few GB?
So yes the blockchain probably is too large for the 90s - welcome to more than a decade later Wink

There has been a lot of discussion on the topic that I think you need to catch up on.  Do a couple searches on the forum.  

So if someone repeats FUD long enough it will magically turn true?
The blockchain size is only a hypothetical issue.
Even my cellphone could handle a full client for the next few years.

Back to subject, I hope the Kim realizes that when he had done MegaUpload using Bitcoins, the FBI would had a hard time freezing those.
Pages:
Jump to: