Pages:
Author

Topic: KnCMiner selling raw chips for $.15 / GH - page 4. (Read 5689 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2014, 03:41:54 PM
Low yield rate, BGA package with high ball count, difficult DC/DC.

Did you just make this stuff up?   You should probably stick to Mechanics.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
August 17, 2014, 03:22:36 PM
It will be better to inform the buyers on the PCB manufacturer that made their original boards, whit that manufacturer we could be 100% that will get working board, otherwise, even whit the gerber files from KnN its still a huge risk to order boards just to find out that there not mining.

The gerber files from HashFast Evo boards are free from months and yet by this point only peppermining manage the make a working board for the GoldenNonce 700Gh Chip.

And BitCrane.
Activity: 460
Merit: 500
August 17, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
It will be better to inform the buyers on the PCB manufacturer that made their original boards, whit that manufacturer we could be 100% that will get working board, otherwise, even whit the gerber files from KnN its still a huge risk to order boards just to find out that there not mining.

The gerber files from HashFast Evo boards are free from months and yet by this point only peppermining manage the make a working board for the GoldenNonce 700Gh Chip.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
August 17, 2014, 03:10:32 PM
They're technically very, very, difficult chips to design for.
Why do you say that?

Low yield rate, BGA package with high ball count, difficult DC/DC.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2014, 02:53:49 PM
They're technically very, very, difficult chips to design for.
Why do you say that?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
August 17, 2014, 02:46:51 PM
Have you guys seen this? https://www.kncminer.com/products/knc-28nm-sha256-processor

I'm surprised there is not a group buy up for it yet.  They're selling the chips for dirt cheap.  The only thing I don't like is they're not supplying the documentation before the purchase, I emailed them to see if I could get the documentation ahead of time.

Seems like the perfect chip for an open-sourced board/solution

They're technically very, very, difficult chips to design for. There's also likely a reason they've been sitting on KNC's shelves for a while.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
August 17, 2014, 02:42:29 PM
Have you guys seen this? https://www.kncminer.com/products/knc-28nm-sha256-processor

I'm surprised there is not a group buy up for it yet.  They're selling the chips for dirt cheap.  The only thing I don't like is they're not supplying the documentation before the purchase, I emailed them to see if I could get the documentation ahead of time.

Seems like the perfect chip for an open-sourced board/solution
Pages:
Jump to: