Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 30. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
November 12, 2018, 09:19:38 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.

Hold is the best thing to do while you are experiencing losing money , because if you didn't hold your coin it's obvious that you accept the fact that you already lost your money once you sell it on very low price.
That is if you were holding a  coin that's worthwhile in the first place other than that, chances are good that things could get worse. It's worth noting that HODL does not guarantee no lose, therefore it should be done with the head and not the heart, which happens to be what most people are up to even without realizing it.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
November 12, 2018, 08:49:35 AM
Well it depends to the holder if he want to hold for long term like 5 years then let him hold, we have own strategy to make money.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
November 12, 2018, 08:00:37 AM
I think if you have met the decision to hold any coin, you should accept that you will hold it for more than 2 years. You do not need to panic when the price is going down every time, because you should not care about the price at the moment.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
November 12, 2018, 07:58:42 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

You need to predict market moves to be good at it. Once you may wake up and lose half of you money, so the hardest thing is to remaind sane and cold.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
November 10, 2018, 07:56:43 PM
You never have to stop holding the coins. These are assets that bring you profit constantly. You can see the minus in your portfolio today, but if you take a period of 2 years, every day will show a plus.

Everyone always wants to get instant profits, and I'm sure most people who invest especially newbie always focus on instant profit, they will forget about a year or two to invest. Even though every money they invest will get a big profit if they choose a long-term investment, it is a certainty they will get. I think in the cryptocurrency market there are many people who don't know the basic concept of investment, they only spend money depending on FOMO.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
November 10, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
Yes in terms of trading and investment you need to be smart and you need to know how it properly trade or how and when to hold coins. Many of newbies was easily influence and manipulate because they don't have a proper introduction and lack of knowledge in terms of hold so that is why if you say hold they can hold even they lost it. They need a proper introduction and knowledge regarding of that.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
November 10, 2018, 07:46:51 PM
Depends on you because we have different opinions and prediction. Before making a decision make sure that you already do research because you can know what coin is good to hold or to sell base on your research and you may until when you hold your coins you have.
Activity: 462
November 10, 2018, 07:45:40 PM
I sell coins usually after the price jumps up a lot. In all other cases, the coins I hold in the long run, I just do not spend.
Activity: 322
November 10, 2018, 06:28:08 AM

What are your thoughts?

It is the kind of knowledge that comes with the huge amount of expirience. It is obvious that nobody would share such exprieince for free, right?
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
November 09, 2018, 01:25:43 PM
it is in the human nature to become very greedy, speacially in money.  the more the merrier.  so that explains why people mostly died with regrets of being too busy with money making that they often left their family out.

in crypto, it is also greed that came into factor that leads many of us to just hold, and hoping for bigger returns.  we must be contented with what we have earned.  first, we must set our goal, lets say we wanted to earn 30%.  when we reached that goal, we should stop.  this is quite hard to follow, but we need to.
It is true that humans are greedy by nature but you are not taking into account the nature of cryptocurrencies, why you should settle for 30% in profits when we know that you can earn a lot more than that, it doesn't make sense to me especially since I know that I can hold my coins despite everything that happens, I didn't sold my coins at 20000 simply because I did not thought it was a good business, in a decade that price will be seen as a bargain.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
November 08, 2018, 08:37:11 AM

What are your thoughts?
whoever will succeed in trading must be wise, smart and skilled. Skilled in the sense that, it requires a lot of training, either being trained by another person or through self training. Those who refuse to learn first, most times make a lot of mistakes, which might made them to have huge loss if care is not taken. The wisdom comes in in the sense that, there are times one might be lured into either buying or selling at the wrong time, but the application of the knowledge gained will help to make the right decision at the right time.
Activity: 378
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
November 08, 2018, 08:31:31 AM
You are absolutely right, there are some coin you could not hold for long since you must know the threshold of them. With this you must look smart and know when to sell out your coin. Too much holding could really cost you. An example is when a colleague is now holding a 20 USD coin which was worth 2000 USD he thought he could make more. Smartness is really keen over here.
Activity: 268
November 08, 2018, 08:14:32 AM
I agree with you! Hodling should not be like buy and forget. You have to work with your portfolio and know when to buy and when to sell
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
November 08, 2018, 08:12:52 AM
Hodling is not an option, because good investor keep reacting market changes all the time. Holding is good untill token shows green line. It is simple.
Continueto hold if your crypto have potential or worth it so that you will then if not you should discontinue to hold. They say holding is easy to do but for me its not because when you hold you will never know until when you hold it because the marlet price is suddenly change. You need to wait for the right time to release your holding coin and the best time to release it is when the value is higher.
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
November 08, 2018, 08:09:40 AM
Newbies who enter cryptoworld wants to get their money as they get their first coin, if they know that the coins has a value for sure, automatically they are going to sell it for sure, because money is all about this, and not learning hodl is a huge disadvantage for a cryptouser, thus holding a good coin that has a huge factor for the future is a really good one
Activity: 504
Merit: 112
quarkchain.io
November 08, 2018, 08:07:56 AM
Many people do not understand what a long-term investment. For example, there is bitcoin. It periodically grows, periodically becomes cheaper. There are investors who bought Bitcoin for $ 1, $ 10. These investors still hold bitcoin in their portfolio. They are long-term investors. These investors do not look at price drops. In the future, with the development of Bitcoin, the coin will cost more.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
November 08, 2018, 08:06:31 AM
This is very easy when you are stuck at a very expensive price and do not want to experience very much loss so you can hold it but when there is good coin that has a very good movement then you can use the coin to find profits with the remaining capital you have . so when trading you should not use all the assets you have.
Activity: 378
November 08, 2018, 07:59:54 AM
Hodling is not an option, because good investor keep reacting market changes all the time. Holding is good untill token shows green line. It is simple.
Activity: 322
November 08, 2018, 05:53:58 AM
Yes of course we should learn first when to stop an hold our coins. And I think I'm not that better in doing that because some of my currency that I'm holding right now are getting dump and getting removed in their listed exchanges. That's why I keep reading and researching to learn more and make a great decision.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
November 08, 2018, 05:50:46 AM
A lot of people sell to cut their losses. These are the set of people that regret selling. I believe in HODLing especially when there is a dip. It is better to HODL, watch the market and sell high to make profit.

before taking action and finally regret you should think about it as best you can. one of the safest is Hold, by holding back for a moment the price goes up again you will make a profit. when the price drops you don't need to panic later you will make the wrong decision and finally let it go. the market experiences ups and downs is normal and sooner or later the market will return to normal.
Pages:
Jump to: