Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 31. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
November 08, 2018, 05:43:11 AM
Beginners do not know when to hold and when to sell. After all, they can not even distinguish the Scam project from a good project. I keep promising coins in this market.
Merit: 50
November 08, 2018, 05:27:46 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

We don't just hold for long, but we must holding smartly as well. If you only holding your coins without thinking, you cannot avoid losses.
Just hold the coins which have a good liquidity and value. If your coins value keep going down, then it won't be worth to holding anymore.

You have point mate, when you're planned to hold such a coin you make it sure it has good reputation and dont forget to check its background the history of its market, so that you can determined if it is really good for long term Investment. Like bitcoin, if you just check its history you can see that the value of it's increases year by year, so theres no doubt to make an Investment with it in long time.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
November 08, 2018, 05:11:16 AM
A lot of people sell to cut their losses. These are the set of people that regret selling. I believe in HODLing especially when there is a dip. It is better to HODL, watch the market and sell high to make profit.
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
November 08, 2018, 05:07:50 AM
Hodl is of different types, some HODL to lose and some HODL for bigger gains ,when market is in red its wise to still hold your coins and when market is in green its wise to let go and don't be too greedy and at the same time don't be too impatience
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
November 08, 2018, 05:05:23 AM
There won't be such a point. It is pretty easy, you have bought an altcoin and holding it for a long period of time. If you are happy with 20 percent profit, than sell it. If you are waiting to gain 500 percent, that wait a bit longer and sell by 500 percent profit.
Merit: 6
November 08, 2018, 04:59:35 AM
Speaking to a newbie just hodl make him a current bad. Because anyone who works here must think at the beginning of his head and then hear the opinions of other people. Sometimes you need to sell an asset in order to purchase even lower, thereby increasing the balance, but if they write to a person just hodl, they will not do anything. The one who acts the fastest is always the winner.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
November 08, 2018, 04:45:27 AM
For me it is also essential to select right moment to stop hold and get rid off asset. It is not that easy to sell in time and silly hold can get you nowhere, because some shit coins can be dumped to 0 price and it is completely nonsense to hold it for a long term
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
November 08, 2018, 04:38:41 AM
Yes, you rightly wrote that not reasonable long-term storage will lead to nothing, but will only bring your money to zero. With a long-term investment, it is more necessary to choose a project, it may not look very promising now, and in a couple of years it will begin to unfold completely and show tremendous growth, have this look when you decide where to invest.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
November 08, 2018, 04:10:51 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

We don't just hold for long, but we must holding smartly as well. If you only holding your coins without thinking, you cannot avoid losses.
Just hold the coins which have a good liquidity and value. If your coins value keep going down, then it won't be worth to holding anymore.
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 01:54:07 AM
When growth is stable. Just at the first day of drop, you should sell everything you have to become profitalbe, because losses are huge and they does not seem to end.
Activity: 434
October 31, 2018, 03:37:33 PM
I think that long-term investments are really profitable, but it is necessary to understand that all the same it is still connected with the timely purchase and sale.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x
October 31, 2018, 03:27:09 PM
it is in the human nature to become very greedy, speacially in money.  the more the merrier.  so that explains why people mostly died with regrets of being too busy with money making that they often left their family out.

in crypto, it is also greed that came into factor that leads many of us to just hold, and hoping for bigger returns.  we must be contented with what we have earned.  first, we must set our goal, lets say we wanted to earn 30%.  when we reached that goal, we should stop.  this is quite hard to follow, but we need to.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 31, 2018, 03:21:41 PM
Newbies are usually not hodlers. I think 99% of them are actually panic sellers. If they learn to hodl and control their emotions that would be good thing for them. But of course if their bags are filled with legit coins and not some shilled shitcoins.
Even if newbies consider themselves long term holders that does not mean they are actually one, in my opinion in order to qualify as a long term holder you need to hold your coins for a minimum of one year and you need to hold your coins during a crash of the price, and there are not many people in the forum that can say they did that especially during the last crash where most of the members panicked and sold their coins and only now they are realizing what a huge mistake they have made.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
October 22, 2018, 03:54:16 PM
Newbies are usually not hodlers. I think 99% of them are actually panic sellers. If they learn to hodl and control their emotions that would be good thing for them. But of course if their bags are filled with legit coins and not some shilled shitcoins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
October 22, 2018, 03:48:54 PM
On the example of this year, we can see that the simple retention of cryptocurrency is not always beneficial. There are periods of rise in the cryptocurrency market, which will always be replaced by periods of recessions. Therefore, it would be best to periodically sell parts of the coins at individual price peaks and buy them at a price decline.
In addition, it is also necessary to take into account that each coin or token has its own period of development, after the expiration of which they will no longer be of great profit. Therefore, from time to time it is necessary to focus on newer coins and tokens.
Activity: 350
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
October 22, 2018, 03:31:03 PM
I'm holding all the coins I don't sell. But always put an order for x2 for short-term pump.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 22, 2018, 03:11:37 PM
In my opinion, holding is one of the most profitable strategies on the cryptocurrency market at the moment, especially if you are not good at trading. I am rather optimistic about the future of the crypto in general, so I believe the price of cryptocurrencies will grow in the future.
If you do not know how to trade then holding your coins is probably your only option to make money in this market, because investing in new altcoins is not going to be profitable as long as we are in this bear market, now I know there are going to be many stories of people making good money with icos but those people are an exception, unless you are lucky or have an incredible amount of knowledge about the market it is going to be almost impossible to identify which ico is a scam and which one is a project that will become successful.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
October 21, 2018, 04:55:34 AM
You never have to stop holding the coins. These are assets that bring you profit constantly. You can see the minus in your portfolio today, but if you take a period of 2 years, every day will show a plus.
Activity: 1078
October 19, 2018, 01:40:20 PM
In my opinion, holding is one of the most profitable strategies on the cryptocurrency market at the moment, especially if you are not good at trading. I am rather optimistic about the future of the crypto in general, so I believe the price of cryptocurrencies will grow in the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
October 19, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
This is the first and foremost thing to stay in the market, Otherwise you will drown some day in the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: