Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 33. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 04, 2018, 04:40:50 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Many of the people that are recommending holding their coins are in fact using the strategy and losing money as a result of it, if you feel uncomfortable holding your coins for the long term then you need to find some other way to earn money in this market, one way could be to become a trader but as you may know becoming a trader is not easy at all and it requires a lot of effort before you see any kind of result, that is why people prefer to hold their coins since it's easier.
Activity: 123
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 04:29:40 PM
I think to a large extent, this is very important. A lot of persons do not know when to stop, and when not to. I have once watched a friend hodl a coin, till its worth became zero. It's a sad thing. Know when to sell a coin off, and know when to continue hodling. It is important for survival, and to avoid the risk of losing your funds.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
October 04, 2018, 02:52:37 AM
I try to keep the coins and wait for the best price for it. But it happens that I sell a part, for my own needs, or for investments in more promising ones. In this case it is necessary not just to sit still and wait, and guess the best prices of purchase and sale
Activity: 156
September 28, 2018, 11:08:02 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Well I have a good portfolio of coins right now including XRP, PRG and EOS. These are a few great coins that are good for profits and earnings and it is better to hold them at the moment. When they will rise, I will sell.
Activity: 538
September 28, 2018, 08:59:05 AM
in cryptocureency every trader or investor should have an outlined plan on how to manage their assets. as well as knowing when that have made their desired profits and sell off.
Activity: 2464
September 28, 2018, 08:57:20 AM
I will stop holding if I have no real money and I will sell all my assets. Playing crypto I suggest not to be easily influenced, because it is very dangerous, you must really have knowledge, so you have a strong grip on what you do.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
September 28, 2018, 08:50:34 AM

What are your thoughts?

You need to be smart about your investments, after all it's your money. You should know when to hodl and when trade. You can't be watching your money get almost wiped out yet you're hodling. The only coin I hodl is BTC, I can easily flip my alts as I want
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
September 28, 2018, 08:46:53 AM
If you're not mastered in crypto then to best way to invest is chosing most popular coins. go to coinmarketcap, chose top10 coins and buy it during next correction. then just hold for 2-3 years.
Activity: 42
September 28, 2018, 08:35:19 AM
ONG is + 415.04% today  Shocked
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
September 28, 2018, 08:12:57 AM
Like with any investment it's wise to set targets for buy/sell. Considering that not every investment pans out as a profit. I set a stop loss. This helps take the emotions out of the move and prevents further loss.
copper member
Activity: 376
September 28, 2018, 05:18:36 AM
With some trading knowledge, One will know when to cut it off. Not every hold is rewarding on the long run irrespective of how well the project appears. Always have a sell target either for profit or in loss
Activity: 252
September 28, 2018, 04:53:05 AM
I believe that a hodl strategy works very well when the correct entry point is chosen. If you buy some kind of coin and lose 80%, and then wait for it to grow, this is not the right case - it is patience and torment.
Activity: 308
September 18, 2018, 10:04:42 PM

What are your thoughts?

Obviously, you only need to stop holding when the market pumps up so hard and that is the time you can sell your coins in order to earn more profit just like what happened last december before the year ends.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 09:53:32 PM

What are your thoughts?

my opinion is that experience cannot be lied to with experience and high flying hours, of course, we will be easier to analyze the coin so that we can make the right decision in seeking profit. the point is to keep learning and learning do not be afraid to lose, make a bad experience as learning.
Activity: 210
September 18, 2018, 09:28:16 PM
That's right, we have to be careful about that because cryptocurrency cannot be predicted.
The speculator may have a lot of Bitcoin, so you can back up how many times, but if you are a beginner then all of that is difficult because the beginner still has little Bitcoin.
QMC
Activity: 14
September 13, 2018, 04:34:58 AM
i think at this moment we should hold what we have and wait to see what will happen
Activity: 22
September 12, 2018, 05:54:59 PM

What are your thoughts?
This is true. Most people continue to hold even when they should sell.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 05:50:09 PM
It depends on your goals, if I just wanted 20 percent profit then I would sell it right after getting to that point, some others prefer to just hold their coins until an opportunity of better investment comes to them and sell them when that happens.
when the market in bad like now, how can we target 20% profit bro?
bcs i think that wont work, the market down and down
Activity: 223
September 12, 2018, 05:40:09 PM

What are your thoughts?

Obviously, you cannot hold a token for life. I do tell people to hold when the price is not favourable and only sell your token when the price is okay for you.
Activity: 684
September 12, 2018, 05:36:37 PM
Just hodl I can only advise bitcoin, but for altcoins need all the time to monitor the market.
Pages:
Jump to: