Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for the DFINITY airdrop - page 3. (Read 1558 times)

Activity: 571
Merit: 11
May 11, 2021, 05:10:03 PM
Based on the experience I got, there is actually no such thing as an airdrop campaign that requires participants to pay for any reason. because airdrop is the giving of gifts from crypto projects that are completely free. you better have to rethink.

You're right, airdrop is a gift. But this time some people decided they were ok to pay a little amount. Reason is Dfinity will be huge !  Wink

Why KYC is necessary, airdrop like this would usually end up in a scam.

what I know is that any genuine or non-fraudulent airdrop will not ask for money for any reason, and if it is true that if it asks for money it means that the airdrop is doing fraud.

most Airdrops that ask for rewards from participants for sending tokens are fraudulent airdrops that we should avoid

Guys i invite you to get some informations about Dfinity.   

Do you understand now why some people were happy to submit a kyc ? (airdrop --> 28 to 128 tokens)

really difficult to recognize a legitimate project from a fake one and 3 years ago no one could have imagined this huge debut.
congratulations to those who participated and managed to get this huge gift.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1442
May 11, 2021, 05:06:04 PM
Based on the experience I got, there is actually no such thing as an airdrop campaign that requires participants to pay for any reason. because airdrop is the giving of gifts from crypto projects that are completely free. you better have to rethink.

You're right, airdrop is a gift. But this time some people decided they were ok to pay a little amount. Reason is Dfinity will be huge !  Wink

what I know is that any genuine or non-fraudulent airdrop will not ask for money for any reason, and if it is true that if it asks for money it means that the airdrop is doing fraud.

most Airdrops that ask for rewards from participants for sending tokens are fraudulent airdrops that we should avoid

Do you understand now why some people were happy to submit a kyc ? (airdrop --> 28 to 128 tokens)
legendary
May 07, 2021, 12:59:28 PM

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
May 07, 2021, 11:31:53 AM
Comrades, I need your opinion. I signed up for an airdrop from the DFINITY project, which promises to send coins for an amount equivalent to 100 CHF. At the same time, they ask to participants to pay $ 9 for the passage of KYC. It seems to me that this is a fraud, but what do you think?
Can the project require money for the passage of KYC and should I do it?
Airdrop is a means of introducing a project to the crowd and with an airdrop, the developer will be able to form a community to build their project, but if an airdrop charges gas token delivery fees to the airdrop participants, it is certainly questionable about the authenticity of their project, I think most Airdrops that ask for rewards from participants for sending tokens are fraudulent airdrops that we should avoid, after all there is no guarantee that after we send a certain amount of money in the form of usdy / eth they will send tokens to us and it could be that the tokens sent have no value in the market. so my advice is better just forget about airdrops like that.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
May 07, 2021, 11:21:16 AM
Comrades, I need your opinion. I signed up for an airdrop from the DFINITY project, which promises to send coins for an amount equivalent to 100 CHF. At the same time, they ask to participants to pay $ 9 for the passage of KYC. It seems to me that this is a fraud, but what do you think?

Activity: 854
Merit: 21
May 07, 2021, 09:43:55 AM
I see no reason why any airdrop should demand for your private information in exchange for a few dollars worth of tokens, and it is more ridiculous that they are asking you to pay around $9 for the airdrop. This has all the signs of a scam project and you shouldn't incest your time, money & personal data in this kind of project.
Avoid scam projects because your data is worth more than any amount of tokens they will offer you.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
May 07, 2021, 09:31:14 AM
Why KYC is necessary, airdrop like this would usually end up in a scam. Be careful on giving your personal information, you don't want to see your identity being stolen because it was sold in the dark market since you give you real info in exchange for a scam token or coin.

Crypto is a high risk for a reason, you should be aware of that.
legendary
May 07, 2021, 08:22:34 AM
I always avoid following airdrops that require KYC, because in my opinion it is not worth it, for me airdrops don't make too much money, only a few of the many successful airdrops, so I don't want to give KYC which in the end is misused

Let's see in few hours now if you are right  Wink I went trough the kyc process in 2018 and am now eligible for this airdrop (coins are waiting on coinlist since months, now).       

But i understand the way you think, and Dfinity airdrop is not an usual airdrop. I would avoid, too, giving my ids all around.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
April 24, 2021, 08:54:06 AM
I always avoid following airdrops that require KYC, because in my opinion it is not worth it, for me airdrops don't make too much money, only a few of the many successful airdrops, so I don't want to give KYC which in the end is misused
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 24, 2021, 08:47:09 AM
Does anyone regret not doing KYC like me  Smiley?
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
February 24, 2021, 05:47:25 AM
hello guys.

What is the latest situation do you have information about dfinity airdrop. I received an e-mail from the coinlist in the morning When I checked my wallet also had 120 ICP tokens defined, but it is now locked. Can I get information about the latest situation?
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 19, 2020, 11:27:25 AM
don't do that, kyc alone is suspicious because they are asking for our personal data, plus there is a $ 9 fee. I think that's enough to be seen as a fraud.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
July 19, 2020, 11:16:09 AM
It's normal if an airdrop project requires KYC from participants, some new projects just have to ask for KYC because of the project's use case but it seems this DFINITY is a scam project, I haven't seen where legit project will ask people for deposits just to accept that KYC
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
July 19, 2020, 11:03:10 AM
You are not claiming an airdrop, you are actually buying their coin, and I consider this kind of scheme as dubious, airdrops should be free, we have so many scam giveaway where you have to send a fee to claim it and we have proven that this kind of scheme, so don't fall for it. 

By transferring $9 in exchange for their coins, you risk not only your money, but also the disclosure of your privacy.  It's possible that the team thinks their coins are equal to 100 CHF, but why would they give it away for $9? These coins most likely may not cost anything at all and your money will be sent for nothing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
July 19, 2020, 10:47:22 AM
It's a matter of choice, if you can drop your identity info for few dollars then it's good for you, for me it ain't worth my time, this DFINITY Airdrop is asking for money to get your KYC, it's double money making for the scammers, they will get the little 9$ from participants and still sell your I.D too
Activity: 687
Merit: 11
July 19, 2020, 09:03:53 AM
Personally I no longer believe in Airdrop asking for kyc, seems most of this people are after hunting for people's kyc details and not because of their so called scam project. I will advice you do your personal research very well on the project you are about to run kyc for if is a good project and if not don't waste your time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
July 13, 2020, 05:36:47 PM
This called for questions best airdrop and bounty I know is for free without any payment so anyone telling you to deposit an amount to claim your coins is actually trying to tell you to buy his or her coins so it's no longer airdrop rather investment. Best to understand the project and make your choice.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
July 13, 2020, 04:46:06 PM

I don't know if it's late already but no any airdrop is worth paying for! DFINITY seems to be a reputable coin and it has quite a hype in the industry although i don't know anything about them but it might be some set of scammers impersonating them. Either way, be it from the original DFINITY or impersonators, no one should pay a fee for airdrop, airdrop are way of rewarding the community not an investment opportunity for the devs to raise funds
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
July 13, 2020, 02:30:06 AM
Usually I only KYC for the bounty that I join, it's a lot safer than the bullshit airdrop. I will never sell my identity for just a few dollars. It is not worthy of us being able to do so
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
July 13, 2020, 02:26:26 AM
Personally, I will see which airdop should be followed for KYC if airdop is done by large projects and large exchangers I will not hesitate if I have to do KYC to get a prize, examples like blokchain or coinbane
blockchain or coinbene ws reputable so we should not worry when we join in their airdrop campaign . our data will save with them, so many airdrop hunter already get money and even there is no complaint about KYC ,every one join it freely and feel happy. beside this campaign , upbit usually also have legit airdrop for member that passed KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: