Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 17. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 09:51:07 AM
According to me kyc in not much need action in bounty campaigns.i personally thinks that in bounty campaigns normal details are enough like name, contact number and email etc.proper documents kyc verification in not needed.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
September 18, 2018, 08:22:20 AM
I myself don't quite understand why KYC is applied to bounty participants, because I don't think it's so necessary if it's because of security issues or preventing multiple accounts and monopoly tokens I think it's quite effective if it is to prevent theft and such. maybe this isn't the solution
maybe this is a new rule in an ICO project because currently many projects are using KYC. if KYC is applied on bounty participants then only a few little prize hunters join because maybe some people don't like KYC. KYC does not guarantee the success of a project.
Activity: 31
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 08:03:20 AM
From the current market reaction, KYC is not important at all. The important thing is to have the ability to achieve goals. There is hardly a single project that really pays off. This has led investors to stay away from the ICO plan now.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
September 17, 2018, 01:44:38 PM
I myself don't quite understand why KYC is applied to bounty participants, because I don't think it's so necessary if it's because of security issues or preventing multiple accounts and monopoly tokens I think it's quite effective if it is to prevent theft and such. maybe this isn't the solution
Activity: 856
Merit: 250
September 17, 2018, 01:42:30 PM
And who will be responsible for the security of your data? I already found the second group in the telegram where throw out documents and offer to buy them. I passed KYC several times and now I will not be surprised if I see my documents in this group.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
September 17, 2018, 01:38:54 PM
It's true that if you buy some product in the store, you don't have to prove yourself with the ID card, but it depends if it's against the law to hold tokens during the ICO, because where is crypto banned, you can't invest in crypto. So it's all about breaking the law, if it's legal or not, according to this should be KYC everywhere or doesn't have to be.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
September 17, 2018, 12:34:25 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

No they do not require it, kyc is a back up for them and when the project fails and they do not make money then they are going to end up selling all of those information that they have gathered on the dark net for some profit. Do not trust strangers with your sensitive information, a project that will do well will do so without kyc
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
September 15, 2018, 03:37:36 PM
YES it is needed to rid us of cheaters who are trying to take the whole pool with their multiactions.
Activity: 32
September 15, 2018, 03:36:32 PM
It's all becoming like collecting a huge database. But still it is at least a small step towards adequate regulation.
Activity: 588
September 15, 2018, 03:33:08 PM
Yes, other ICO requires KYC. They just want to know if your country is prohibited to join, to invest into their ICO. It depends on you if you want to do KYC, if is not, it's better to look for another bounties and airdrop that don't require KYC in their ICO.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
September 15, 2018, 03:23:59 PM
I would KYC if I wanted to invest in an ICO, but for the bounty I would never KYC because it was so absurd. The bounty hunters spend a lot of time doing the work and they need to deserve a reward without KYC. If the bounty requires KYC then it looks like they are trying to get those KYCs for sale and they will not lose any money for the bounty.
Activity: 310
September 15, 2018, 03:19:41 PM
goverment has regulated KYC for cryptocurrency. it aims to reduce money laundrying
but, we all know that KYC breaks crypto charactec (anonymous). so i think, crypto doesnt need it
Activity: 55
September 15, 2018, 02:51:22 PM
Though the ICOs are claiming that they require KYC during bounties and airdrops to avoid fraudulent activities but we also need to keep in mind that, these KYC data can later be used for identity theft and identity mining which the fake ICOs might do for their own profit. In my opinion, KYC should not be required.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 15, 2018, 02:46:29 PM
I thought that this procedure is ineffective. It seems to me that soon everything will change, and we will not need a KYC. It seems to me that this contradicts the anonymity of the crypto currency.
Activity: 157
September 15, 2018, 02:44:45 PM
Yeah, it is really required because of various laws in different countries, that's an important thing that supports cryptos law status.
Activity: 392
MINTER
September 15, 2018, 02:42:09 PM
For now, most projects do not require KYC to purchase tokens or for bounty hunters. because there is currently no serious incident regarding the matter in this world. Someday I think all projects will apply this rule for security reasons so that there is no fraud or misuse of data for the benefit of criminals.
Activity: 98
September 15, 2018, 02:39:39 PM
I don't think it should be a requirement, since the benefits don't come close to the level of complications it can bring, if exchanges are so worried about scammers, there are other methods that can work much better, such as implementing an automatic escrow system, in the end we are all anonymous people on the Internet and you don't know if the information we get is real or not.
Activity: 223
Merit: 1
September 15, 2018, 06:33:43 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
Projects want to collect more money, and for this they need to show investors that their project will not have problems in the future, including regulators, I think that we are forced to go through identification only for attract investment.
Activity: 55
September 15, 2018, 06:31:56 AM
Yes, KYC is required if you are a buyer or investor to a certain coin. because some country requires it for regulation. However if we talk about bounty and still they require KYC then it is out of the question. However they only do that to filter out those who are cheating with multi account.
Activity: 400
September 15, 2018, 06:23:15 AM
Yes the KYC is mast required because of the legal translation in cryptocurrency to track and most of country are going to legalize the cryptocurrencies based on KYC system and more and I think the KYC is mast required in cryptocurrency market.
Pages:
Jump to: