Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 21. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 10
September 10, 2018, 09:29:14 PM
KYC is a way to verify whether you are in a country that allows crypto or cross it. because some ICOs do not want to take the risk to allow citizens of a country to buy their coins. therefore sometimes I meet KYC not need an ID card or passport. be relatively safer
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 09:22:47 PM
In my own opinion, KYC should only be required if you want to invest heavy amount of money into cryptos, I don't see any need to collect KYC for people investing just a mere $10k below, I am not in support of that.
Activity: 561
Merit: 274
September 10, 2018, 08:58:54 PM
We don't want KYC and we prefer to be anonymous, but in fact it is a legal requirement to join KYC ICO. So many ICOs want to KYC from investors to meet legal requirements.
Activity: 64
September 10, 2018, 08:58:14 PM
in my opinion, the only kyc knows which participating customers support the project, which country they come from and the gender of the participants who join in.

Activity: 12
September 10, 2018, 08:50:10 PM
It makes sense if its a security token.
Activity: 58
September 10, 2018, 08:47:35 PM
yes KYC is crypto, really needs it, maybe the team that founded their project wants to know and avoid cheating or money laundering in the project, but we must be careful about giving identity, because we are to avoid things that are not desirable.

Activity: 105
September 10, 2018, 08:38:20 PM
I think in Crypto it really needs kyc, because this prevents people from making multiple accounts and avoids money laundering or things that make fraud in the project.

Activity: 394
Merit: 1
XEGGEX
September 10, 2018, 08:25:26 PM
in my opinion crypto really needs the first kyc to avoid cheating the participants who make a lot of accounts and money laundering or avoid fraud and protect the interests of project diversification.

Activity: 688
Merit: 500
September 10, 2018, 08:01:32 PM
I think KYC is a good method.  I do not mind to share their data. This will help weed out a lot of scams. Also a bounty would be better with this check. A multi-client would be unable to work.
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
September 10, 2018, 07:57:11 PM
I think that KYC in cryptocurrency is not needed because then anonymity is lost
Agree, one of the nature of crypto is anonymity, then why some exchanges and ICO requires KYC? I know it would be use for some reasons but crypto is known for its anonymity and privacy.
Activity: 42
September 10, 2018, 07:33:38 PM
There is supposed to be no reason for cryptocurrency projects to require KYC. Even Satoshi himself and the founders never suggested ICO in cryptocurrency. It should be anonymous.
Activity: 199
September 10, 2018, 07:26:28 PM
I think that KYC in cryptocurrency is not needed because then anonymity is lost
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
September 10, 2018, 07:23:00 PM
Honestly i hate kyc.
But at the same time for crypto projects KYC is necessary for complying with a legal obligation.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
September 10, 2018, 04:09:52 PM
There are lots of dissonance about the KYC matter. But I personally feel that KYC is not the thing without which crypto can't work. On the otherhand, I don't want to share my personal informations with others whom I personally don't know. There is no guarantee that personal info will not be shared with an unwanted identify.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
September 10, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
"KYC" is not found in every ICO and very rarely in the bounty and airdrop. Where "KYC" is required, I carefully check the developers of the project and the company's privacy policy.
Activity: 123
Merit: 3
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
September 10, 2018, 06:44:23 PM
KYC helps projects to stay on the right side of the law as regards the people investing on the projects. However, for bounty hunters, this are not investors and they get paid, so I don't think KYC is necessary.
data provided during KYC are sensitive and most of the time bounty hunters are taking big risks with the projects they engage in because most projects are scams.
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
JUST HODL !
September 10, 2018, 06:38:23 PM
Currently there are many bounties from a project that requires KYC to get tokens, in my opinion the security of our identity can be guaranteed if the project is a quality project or not a scam project, if the project is a scam then the KYC we provide is only for people to use irresponsible, and that is very risky for us.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
September 10, 2018, 06:26:23 PM
Only some of the ICOs asking for KYC for their airdrop and bounty campaign.
It is our decision if we participate in it or not.
There are so many ICOs which are not asking for KYC so everybody can select those ones if not willing to fulfil the KYC.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
September 10, 2018, 04:30:38 PM
I also don't understand why KYC is so needed for bounty participants, for ICOs it might be very important, because of the regulation of several countries, prohibiting ICOs and the like. but for participant bounty in my opinion it is less important, because participant bounty does not take part directly in a project, they are only marketing personnel with payment after the ICO is complete.
Activity: 238
September 10, 2018, 04:28:13 PM
Kyc is simply means know your customer as it name Applies, which is majorly used by investors, that deal with a high quantity of the token, hence bounty earn less which is not necessary for kcy.
Pages:
Jump to: