Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC is now required for Bitcointalk - page 5. (Read 1225 times)

Activity: 401
Merit: 10
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
April 01, 2019, 02:52:08 AM
Checking my bitcointalk account this morning with words written in red I asked myself what is this again? I immediately call a friend of mine to check his account also and he said the same. I clicked on the KYC link and I can see clearly is a prank. I don't think KYC needs your blood group and your cc details for you to be verified
Activity: 772
Merit: 261
April 01, 2019, 12:48:54 AM
Aaaaannnnddd a lot of angry faces out there who fell for it
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
April 01, 2019, 12:44:47 AM
Haha.  Happy april fools bro don't be so serious.  Theymos always do this stuff for fun only just to put smile on other participants here on this forum especially those people who are so stressed and very serious on their work despite of the situation. Lmao  so be thankful that theymos always there to  make us happy sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 01, 2019, 12:41:52 AM
No!

I'd rather leave bitcointalk than doing KYC!

Damn you theymos!

The power that be has him too in the end. Is there anyone they can't reach and manipulate? Damn lizard people.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
April 01, 2019, 12:38:16 AM
I wonder why most of the users here are afraid?
Well, this is obviously an April fools development but if Theymos is serious about this one, I'm willing to participate but not to the extent of my past and present lovers.  Grin A great job for Theymos on this one, he really got everyone here and at least make a panic for a moment.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
April 01, 2019, 12:33:06 AM
That's a good idea. I have done all the procedure and verified myself as you will see the verified tag in my profile within couple of minutes. Everyone should do that to prevent scammers. Our forum is full of scammers. theymos took a right decision at last. No one can enroll now with more than 1 account.
Beside, please notice today is April 1st because it will be asked when you want to get back your account once it is hacked.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
April 01, 2019, 12:27:05 AM
Have you read the required information in KYC? I think it's just a troll from the forum admin. You should remember this is April Fool's Day.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
April 01, 2019, 12:25:06 AM
First, want to say this was an excellent idea Theymos and if you need someone to grow this KYC process further (for maximum exposure), I'm your man. Time to rid the plague of all the corrupted assholes and scammers; having 100% transparency in crypto is a brilliant idea.  

Why should you submit it? It's like everything you do in life, you prove who you are and your good intentions? Fuck privacy and all you shady characters who linger on these forums for nothing more than profits. This is the real world. Uncle Sam spies on you daily, there's nothing that you can do to resist this new era.

We arent sure if this true, or just an april fools day activity by theymos. However, if this is true then its actually good since we can remove all those members that have alt account in their holding. Nothing is wrong here. But they totally violate the decentralization approach bitcoin has ever idealized.
Activity: 448
April 01, 2019, 12:25:44 AM
I think that everyone out here are surprised, also me and I'm just done with my kyc here in bitcointalk. I also feel comfortable doing kyc here in btt rather than filling kyc in any of the ico projects out there. Great idea and concept that theymos has planned, i think the forum would be nicer if everyone would undergo their kyc.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg
April 01, 2019, 12:21:22 AM
I think this is a ridiculous thing, and certainly made everyone surprised, really surprised at the beginning of April, but I was also curious whether the KYC form would appear the next day like this Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
April 01, 2019, 12:05:38 AM
Theymos is really witty on choosing the topics for April fools.
This forum is based on the principals of satoshi him/herself.
And satoshi would never ask you for your personal informations.
Though if in high demand, they can implement KYC for bounty participants. I would rather provide my KYC to the forum than every projects.
Yes, it was a good joke. I myself was a little surprised at first and scared by the appearance at the top of the main page of the news that now for further work on the forum you need to pass the KYC check. However, when I read the questions that needed to be answered, I realized that something was wrong here. And I remembered that today is April Fool's Day - jokes are possible everywhere. All happy fool's day!
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
April 01, 2019, 12:04:53 AM
great April's 1st! I was super shocked first seconds too! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
April 01, 2019, 12:03:03 AM
It's an april fools day lol, go visit the meta section mate Cheesy. Also this things is like yearly event in bitcointalk, last year on the same day also have things like this and it's also fake. Calm down and enjoy the april fools day, i'm surprised people still not know that lmao!
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
March 31, 2019, 11:56:01 PM
I am thinking about when i open the forum then see this kyc information and it takes time before i realise that this is an April fools joke. Especially when i saw that i need to provide my past relationship it makes me laugh hard, well i did provide my information and i have no problem doing kyc even if it's real or not.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 31, 2019, 10:50:30 PM
wowo, this is a very good joke, if this is true I think everyone who has a lot of accounts will be very stressed.  Grin Grin
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
March 31, 2019, 10:39:41 PM
I think yeah it's April fools day haha gotcha!
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
March 31, 2019, 10:07:05 PM
Theymos got me riled up as well until I saw the gender choices, politically correct much. Now I am out to commit a crime because I need to list one to get verified. ;-)
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
March 31, 2019, 10:04:52 PM
Very funny ,I heard from a bounty manager that's April fool lol , damn! That really got me
J-N
Activity: 100
Merit: 13
March 31, 2019, 09:52:49 PM
Today is April 1st. This is a joke.

See this topic on META section:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kyc-now-required-5124947

Have fun! Cheesy
Activity: 784
March 31, 2019, 09:45:36 PM
I was shocked, because it was for real, not an april fool's game. If its better for the forum, I'm in unto it and its necessary in order that no more spammers and alternate accounts. I also think that we should submit a true identity, not the fake ones. So, goodluck.
Pages:
Jump to: