Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 201. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
As much as I hate weexchange I'd have to vote bitfunder. 
not like labcoin cares about their shareholders' vote
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
As much as I hate weexchange I'd have to vote bitfunder. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If I had a company that was looking for a new exchange I'd make sure my shareholders were as well-informed about the state of the company as possible.  I certainly wouldn't want to give them the impression that my product worked when in fact it did not.

That's the kind of thing that could make another exchange unwilling to accept you.
Activity: 238
New payment just came in. 

The period indicates a 166Gh/s hashrate (estimate) over this payment period.  Over the past four periods the hashrate estimate would be 263Gh/s but that includes two of the previous once per hour payments.

It's not clear what's going on, but there is still some hashing happening.  The rate is still low enough that it could be their Avalons hashing only. But let's hope not Grin
Activity: 887
Labcoin is going to have a hard time going anywhere if they don't stick to their words.
There is an unofficial news.
796 will public a new withdraw fee policy soon.
Every account will have some zero fee withdraw chances according to the VIP level. For example,Level 4 users have 4 free times.

Still a dealbreaker for me.

Neo & Bee (IMO) was a very good indicator of where the liquidity is located.  In the first couple days of their VIPO they raised thousands of BTC on Bitfunder, almost as much on BTC-TC, and only about 700B on Havelock.  HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TRADE AN ASSET THAT HAS A MARKET CAP OF AT LEAST 8,000 btc ON AN EXCHANGE THAT HAS (almost certainly) LESS LIQUIDITY THAN HAVELOCK?!  (usurious fees, and probably fractional BTC reserve, are only the smallest problems with the 796 exchange idea).

Don't pay any attention to 796 shills.  It's a terrible idea promoted by shills and others who don't know that that ship has already sunk.  If 796 manages to con Labcoin into migrating there then bank on a crash in share price much below ipo levels.  

If Labcoin moves to Havelock, then obviously people will move their BTC there to buy shares.
Activity: 448
Daily decreasing hashrate,really disappointed.
Activity: 887
Anyone know when the "hashpower added daily" supposed to kick in?  Huh
Activity: 347
Is there any real argument against bitfunder? It is a no brainer to list there.

WeExchange is an argument against it.
+1

Whats the argument?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The owner said that the withdraw fee was a firewall to defeat the hostile withdraws except covering expenses.

Then my suspect is confirmed.
I'am afraid not.
the hostile withdraws means too many meaningless withdraw requests which will add too many meaningless work jobs and slow down the regular quests.

I suggest you take a few minutes to register a test account to find this exchange's advantages.
In that case, they can just give everyone at least 1 free withdraw per day. Moreover, the free withdraw can be given to only old users to avoid abusing with newly created accounts.
yea, I agree with you as a user. They have their own stock and want to appreciate the stockholder of their own. few zero-fee chances is an advance than before anyway.

BTW,I love their stock borrowing and lending function.
legendary
Activity: 882
The owner said that the withdraw fee was a firewall to defeat the hostile withdraws except covering expenses.

I'am afraid not.
the hostile withdraws means too many meaningless withdraw requests which will add too many meaningless work jobs and slow down the regular quests.

I suggest you take a few minutes to register a test account to find this exchange's advantages.
In that case, they can just give everyone at least 1 free withdraw per day. Moreover, the free withdraw can be given to only old users to avoid abusing with newly created accounts.

I'am afraid not.

legendary

legendary
796 will public a new drawing fee policy soon.
Every account will have some zero fee drawing chances according to the VIP level. For example,Level 4 users have 4 free times.

That's still ridiculous.  I realize they need to make money to cover their expenses some how but there shouldn't really be any fee to withdraw.

That restriction make me suspect they are using the deposit somewhere else. BTCT also restricts withdrawing by manual processing, but it can be explained by the demand of security. Adding withdrawing fee, however, does not help security at all.

The only explanation is that they prefer the money stay in the stock as much as possible, and probably not all the BTC are staying in the exchange and be used somewhere else.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
The last payout interval is 5 hours (UTC 18:17 - UTC 23:07). Now is 3 hours after the last payment (UTC 2:12). It seems the hashing rate has decreased a lot. Now it's less than 250GH. What happened? There's no daily adding, but daily decreasing?

Welcome to Labcoin.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Every account will have some zero fee drawing chances according to the VIP level. For example,Level 4 users have 4 free times.

That's still ridiculous.  I realize they need to make money to cover their expenses some how but there shouldn't really be any fee to withdraw.
to me, it seems designed to keep btc on deposit, which suggests to me they do not keep all users' bitcoins available for withdrawal.

edit:

if what szmarco says is indeed true, that would confirm my suspicion. I'd never put coins there. If labcoin moves to 796, I will divest.
legendary
The last payout interval is 5 hours (UTC 18:17 - UTC 23:07). Now is 3 hours after the last payment (UTC 2:12). It seems the hashing rate has decreased a lot. Now it's less than 250GH. What happened? There's no daily adding, but daily decreasing?

That's still ridiculous.  I realize they need to make money to cover their expenses some how but there shouldn't really be any fee to withdraw.
796 will public a new withdraw fee policy soon.
Every account will have some zero fee withdraw chances according to the VIP level. For example,Level 4 users have 4 free times.
Jump to: