Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 267. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Ukyo you are wrong here, Labcoin should not only have a warning attached, it should be delisted entirely. They used burnside's platform to lie to investors. No exaggeration, they lied and deceived, and no one can debate that. Why is that okay with no consequences? This stock has done great damage to btct's reputation.

People here keep forgetting about lies and fake promises. Only complaining about things that are against their own selfish and stupid investments. This is pathetic.

From the "Asset Issuer Terms of Service:" of BTCT:
"You are responsible for following through on your contract. Do not promise anything you cannot deliver."
"If found in violation of these rules, you will be given a warning and will have 7 days to come into compliance. If you do not comply your asset will be delisted."

Should have been delisted long time ago. But yeah, let's complain about how burnside was a bad boy with Labcoin putting a small warning (not even in red).
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
I dont understand this obsession with their hashrate.
It's the only provable thing. Pictures do not prove the chips work.
They stated they were hashing at 2 TH/s. Not many people have access to that.

Clearly they dont have 2TH yet, but with his IPO funds and him constantly posting in threads where people offer mining rigs, getting 2TH (soon) would be trivial and if anything, prove you are getting screwed.
If you can get 2TH working non stop with your own asics,  you can get 20TH working within days and weeks.

BUt posting some decent video or photos  of their prototype miner in action, wafers, simuilations, test equipment etc, that would be a bit harder to do if you dont have anything, and trivial to produce if you actually have one.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
Whether they have 2 or 3 is irrelevant.  They have about 400Gh/s, so it's actually about 4.8 Avalon's worth of Hash power.  So it's not just one Avalon pumping in bitcoin.

I dont understand this obsession with their hashrate. I mean either labcoin are indeed working on their own chip, and that is what you should demand proof of. Or they used your money to buy some miners on the open market, and that means you were all swindled. If he lied about the core of his business model, do you honestly expect him to pay out mining revenue fairly? Get real. If there are no labcoin chips forthcoming, kiss your money goodbye, regardless of what hashrate he has.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
They have only 2 Avalons.

It's still around 200-300GH. Consistent with the speed when it was in Slush's pool. Seems it was down when it was moved to BTCGuid for several hours, and was brought up  around 10 hours ago.

they are the 3 avalons they admitingly have, please stop this

They only have two. I helped them sell one to a buyer in the US.

Whether they have 2 or 3 is irrelevant.  They have about 400Gh/s, so it's actually about 4.8 Avalon's worth of Hash power.  So it's not just one Avalon pumping in bitcoin.

As far as the warning, I actually think it might be a good thing - it might get Labcoin off it's ass and realize it needs to correct it's communications defects going forward.  If that happens, and the warning is removed, it should increase the share price.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
They have only 2 Avalons.

It's still around 200-300GH. Consistent with the speed when it was in Slush's pool. Seems it was down when it was moved to BTCGuid for several hours, and was brought up  around 10 hours ago.

they are the 3 avalons they admitingly have, please stop this

They only have two. I helped them sell one to a buyer in the US.
Activity: 448
Constant yes, but no where near what was advertised.  Avalons still can't be ruled out imo.

Agreed.
So far I have not seen payouts that match my own 3 avalons.

-Ukyo
Activity: 187
Constant yes, but no where near what was advertised.  Avalons still can't be ruled out imo.

Yes, may be we will see slow growth tomorrow since today is still holiday in China
Activity: 420

Or a troll with Avalons.  We need a statement.

Although a hashrate above 10 th would also be acceptable.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Another 0.2 btc

Getting fairly constant.

As of this point no intention to sell.
The BTC I put in went in with the potential expectation to become 0.
I will be seeing this through.

I feel the majority of us left have the same expectation, lets get ready to ride. It is interesting the payouts are coming in.....
Another 0.2 btc

Getting fairly constant.

As of this point no intention to sell.
The BTC I put in went in with the potential expectation to become 0.
I will be seeing this through.
Another 0.2 btc

Getting fairly constant.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I will take ukyo's action as a negative sign of the stock price. Apparently, ukyo is planning to sell his shares, otherwise he either doesn't care the current price or hope it becomes cheaper to increase the holding. We all know ukyo is a 'whale' compared with us regular shareholders, so imagine what will happen when ukyo clear his hold? Kind of scared. Smiley
If labcoin is unhappy about the warning they should address the concerns and try to get it removed.  It shouldn't be difficult.  Simply removing it without any followup would imply that the problems have been solved.

All of this could be cleared up with a few minutes of Labcoin's time.
Activity: 252
A vast majority of public shareholders (around 80%) have not traded their shares since the IPO
how did you come to this figure?  7 day volume is 4.3M

7 day volume is 4.3M but same shares got traded more than couple of times.
how do you know that?

People are openly admitting that they have been "riding the waves", selling high and buying low. That's how I know!

I was pretty drunk last night when all this was happening, but I still stand by my post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3197587

As for burnside, I think he has overreacted by posting the warning and has potentially affected the long term share price. But again, greed has short memory and once Labcoin starts paying dividends, everything will be forgotten.
So does this mean Burnside has proven that Labcoin has failed is unreliable? Or is this his opinion? Or is he just parroting forum users?

I assume his reasoning was not based on rumors about what Labcoin might be doing, but rather on the fact that users reported those rumors and he tried to reach out to Labcoin without success. Keep in mind this is the second attempt - the first one was to provide guidance re share locking.

Let me differentiate: I'm in favor of the warning, but not in the way it was done and providing a proper reason for why it was issued would have been much more solid and smooth.

Then we have an agreement. That's exactly where I stand. Smiley
I am not going to call this an update because it really isn't. I just wanted to say that I have been in touch with Sam and he has promised me that he will post an update today. I fully understand the anger and frustration among share holders (of which I am one) and can unfortunately do nothing but apologize.

I have been wanting to post an update ever since the set timeframe for the pool merge passed, unfortunately I can only relay information I am given by the team and I have been (until this morning) unable to reach the team in China.

There has been several forum members that has sent me PM in the last 24 hours and while some have been very supportive, some others obviously have been very much the opposite. I can honestly say that I absolutely understand anger and frustration and wish there was more I can do.

lol
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Labcoin's own words don't count as proof of lying now? Nice mental gymnastics.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
So does this mean Burnside has proven that Labcoin has failed is unreliable? Or is this his opinion? Or is he just parroting forum users?

I assume his reasoning was not based on rumors about what Labcoin might be doing, but rather on the fact that users reported those rumors and he tried to reach out to Labcoin without success. Keep in mind this is the second attempt - the first one was to provide guidance re share locking.

Let me differentiate: I'm in favor of the warning, but not in the way it was done and providing a proper reason for why it was issued would have been much more solid and smooth.
I'm not saying they're not seriously annoying characters. If they'd just been clear about the issues they were having, not claimed to be hashing and then went weeks without any any proof it's possible that their price would be ~0.005 by now.

Oh well.   I sold at 2, made some money shorting the stock using put options and bought back in, so I'm not as pissed off anymore. It's risky, but so far the price is pretty close to what I re-purchased it at.

I'm sure if they scale up to 10Th/s or something crazy over the next few days all will be forgiven.
If you are proven lying on your contract, your asset issuer information, or in any communication with the exchange, your asset will be frozen indefinitely, all assets you hold on the exchange will be frozen, and your asset will most likely be delisted.
If found in violation of these rules, you will be given a warning and will have 7 days to come into compliance. If you do not comply your asset will be delisted.

If you are proven

I was not aware there was proof of anything? I apologize I must have missed something.

As to once proof is found, it says delisting. Nothing about warning users away without giving a factual reason.

Based on your quote either:
A. The requirement half of this was not met.
or
B. The result was not carried out as mentioned.

Somehow something went wrong somewhere if this was to be invoked.
I still do not see anything in there about "If there is lack of communications for an unspecified amount of time then we will warn all investors that other investors may be concerned without any solid concrete proof or bothering to mention the lack of communications or timeframe provided and continue to keep that information away from the investment page."

Again, my issue is not necessarily about the share price itself but the effecte of the message being non-factual hearsay instead of proper facts which are only being distributed after the fact in part and not whole. At what point does "a lot of controversy" merit a reason to spread more controversy? When it is 5 people? 10? Or just the operators belief?

Rumor: "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."
Hearsay: "something heard from another person : something that you have been told"

The warning meets both of these criteria unless there is a proven fact to back it which was not revealed.

There is no reason for an exchange to partake in the spreading of rumors and hearsay.

I tried to keep the warning low key.  I thought it was fairly self explanatory.

He was placing a warning to users that "There is a lot of controversy over the reliability of the operator of this asset."
If he has, why has the asset not been frozen? If he has not, why is he spreading unknown factors/rumors/hearsay?
"Because people should know", "Just in case" ? Just in case of what? That's damaging.
Spreading unconfirmed rumor discredit's labcoin and it's operators with unproven opinionated slander.

Sure, you could "Labcan has already xxx" Great. That is fine for them to do it. It does not give someone else with authority to do it to them.

Prior to the message, Labcoin posted a signed address and said mining income will begin to arrive there.
Also prior to the message, the address did in fact get posted and some coins were deposited at least from Slush.

You can argue all you want about whats in the address and who is sending what but unless Burnside knows for fact that the asset operator is not the mining party and unreliable he should not continue to spread rumors causing additional damaging effects to both the asset, the operator and the investors.

Sure, you can argue poor communications from that point on and prior but that is no different than most of the other asset operators. (Not to mention the Chinese holiday.)
Even FriedCat has had little to no forum posting in weeks/months and continues to do what he does with much speculation and controversy of others yet the same warning on the AsicMiner-PT nor does one appear on ActiveMiner, etc.
Jump to: