Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 466. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Remember, Swede is the guy who promised an update in "48 hours" and then only AFTER the deadline had passed said it was a miscommunication.

N_S
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Did I miss an update of pictures/addresses?

Why are people buying?
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
Activity: 476
what's funny is to see people selling AM and ActM, and then a little while later, seeing a buy on Labcon.  Wow, that's risky.  I hope they know what they are doing.
Activity: 308
** FRIENDLY REMINDER **

****WARNING to all Labcoin Shareholders****

People there are no traces going to the chips on these circuit boards. There are no decoupling capacitors near the chips and there does not appear to be a ground plane on the board. Ask any of the DIY asic developers here on the forum and they will confirm that these things are absolutely necessary to create a working miner.

I was a big believer in Labcoin but i am completely out now. This is a disappointing end to what could have been a promising venture.

I welcome a realistic explanation from Labcoin but at this point I am seriously warning anyone to invest at their own risk.

Again, this is very serious, and I think the #1 worry for those who dare to hold! I think posting this pic was worse than posting nothing after all, because after reading a bit it looks seriously screwed indeed :-/

I'm not really sure if they're that odd - most of the pins should just be power, and only a few per chip are used for serial IO. What I found quite odd was the fact they seem to have only one discrete component per chip, my guess would be a capacitor

And these components only have traces running to one side of the part. There's no sign of connections running to *any* pads on the chips. It's completely impossible for this to be a working circuit board.

Thats not boards thats their business cards...
just broke through .002!  To DA MOON!

rofl

EDIT: be ready for people waiting for the rebound and dump.

oh, you don't have to tell me, there's no way I'm toughing this thing with my money.

Even @ 0.0015 I didn't touch my Google Auth :p

I'm looking at below IPO for my next buy.
Activity: 378
TheSweed posted this, then I guess deleted his comment:

hey have placed an order for a yet untested chip design, so ergo they will deliver superior hardware. Gotcha.

It's not an untested chip.  First of all, it's being designed by eASIC, who know what they're doing.

Second of all they're using an FPGA copy process. Their chip literally has the same structure as an FPGA, but all the "field programmable" stuff is stripped out and replaced with metal wires.

It will behave exactly the same as the FPGA it's based off of, so testing should be no problem.
Not only that but ActM has proof positive that they successfully negotiated a deal to provide chips. Labcoin has provided shady evidence if any at all that they successfully negotiated a chip deal with a foundry. all we have seen are some random photos of unidentifiable QFP chips. 
me neither.  why buy @ .0015 when you can get it for .00015 tomorrow?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

rofl

oh, you don't have to tell me, there's no way I'm toughing this thing with my money.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
** FRIENDLY REMINDER **

****WARNING to all Labcoin Shareholders****

People there are no traces going to the chips on these circuit boards. There are no decoupling capacitors near the chips and there does not appear to be a ground plane on the board. Ask any of the DIY asic developers here on the forum and they will confirm that these things are absolutely necessary to create a working miner.

I was a big believer in Labcoin but i am completely out now. This is a disappointing end to what could have been a promising venture.

I welcome a realistic explanation from Labcoin but at this point I am seriously warning anyone to invest at their own risk.

Again, this is very serious, and I think the #1 worry for those who dare to hold! I think posting this pic was worse than posting nothing after all, because after reading a bit it looks seriously screwed indeed :-/

I'm not really sure if they're that odd - most of the pins should just be power, and only a few per chip are used for serial IO. What I found quite odd was the fact they seem to have only one discrete component per chip, my guess would be a capacitor

And these components only have traces running to one side of the part. There's no sign of connections running to *any* pads on the chips. It's completely impossible for this to be a working circuit board.

rofl

oh, you don't have to tell me, there's no way I'm touching this thing with my money.

rofl

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
this thread blows regardless of the outcome

TheSweed posted this, then I guess deleted his comment:

hey have placed an order for a yet untested chip design, so ergo they will deliver superior hardware. Gotcha.

It's not an untested chip.  First of all, it's being designed by eASIC, who know what they're doing.

Second of all they're using an FPGA copy process. Their chip literally has the same structure as an FPGA, but all the "field programmable" stuff is stripped out and replaced with metal wires.

It will behave exactly the same as the FPGA it's based off of, so testing should be no problem.

The downside is it will take up a lot more space on the wafer, and thus cost more.

It may be a good investment in late October.  But there's no reason to hold the stock now.  Problem is, by pushing things back to Oct 30th, Labcoin isn't giving any reason to hold the shares either.
N_S
Things are certainly looking up for ActM and it's tough to deny.

Really? The share price is not looking up.

My guess is people are a little more gun shy now which I can't blame.
Activity: 266
Yep. No one on here can claim we are FUDing. FACT: Labcoin has not and is not hashing yet.

Exactly, Labcoin say they are hashing and a week later the MOST they have is unassembled PCB's and "ASIC" chips.

So thats a lie.

But then we get called "FUDsters"

What the hell?

I would like to point out that I am not calling anyone FUDsters, I am also not saying that labcoin has not had 2th hashing. My statement is just based on the info I have and that is that more tweaking and calibrating is needed before Labcoin feels comfortable with stating a stable hash rate.

Ha! This is fucking hilarious! Please, do continue.
labcoin talking about active-mining. Should we be worried ?
Ahem... I'll just leave this here. http://virtualminingcorp.com/  Grin

Trying real hard not to be rude when you post a counter point using a project that has a 10x higher valuation providing less proof of working tech.
You don't have any proof of working tech. They have a deal announced with a leading ASIC company that was published on that company's site.

They have placed an order for a yet untested chip design, so ergo they will deliver superior hardware. Gotcha.

I bet they know they have to put the chip on the board.
Indeed. We haven't even seen an assembled board.

You know those pictures were a complete joke.  Show us something real.

And they had 22 hours to get ready as well.  WTF.
Jump to: