Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 473. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
****WARNING to all Labcoin Shareholders****

People there are no traces going to the chips on these circuit boards. There are no decoupling capacitors near the chips and there does not appear to be a ground plane on the board. Ask any of the DIY asic developers here on the forum and they will confirm that these things are absolutely necessary to create a working miner.

I was a big believer in Labcoin but i am completely out now. This is a disappointing end to what could have been a promising venture.

I welcome a realistic explanation from Labcoin but at this point I am seriously warning anyone to invest at their own risk.

+1

No power circuitry, no vias, no ground plane. This board looks very odd.

Another option is that the PCB manufacturer completely fucked up with incorrect boards.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

I don't understand how they can even get the PCB wrong.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

People there are no traces going to the chips on these circuit boards. There are no decoupling capacitors near the chips and there does not appear to be a ground plane on the board. Ask any of the DIY asic developers here on the forum and they will confirm that these things are absolutely necessary to create a working miner.

I was a big believer in Labcoin but i am completely out now. This is a disappointing end to what could have been a promising venture.

I welcome a realistic explanation from Labcoin but at this point I am seriously warning anyone to invest at their own risk.

+1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
The PCBs are not functional - there is no trace leading to the chips. IOW, they cannot work regardless.

Dude, wirewrapping.

Now the deployment delays make total sense!

Labcoin's ASIC boards - completed.

We are fine!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

That looks more like 5 mm technology but still looks so real compared to their pic Grin
legendary
What is this off to the side?

Just a camera defect. Nothing too concerning.
legendary

I think this is the last chance to get out Johny. You are lucky muppets have buy orders set so high (0.0023)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
What is this off to the side?

The PCBs are not functional - there is no trace leading to the chips. IOW, they cannot work regardless.

Dude, wirewrapping.

legendary
"We haven't solved a block yet, but when we do, the solution will contain the digits '0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9'."

AND the hash of the block will start with plenty of zeroes, promised!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
I found the labcoin lab. Here is the picture of some people curious about this guy called "labcoin" taking photos:
Activity: 420

Dude, wirewrapping.

"We haven't solved a block yet, but when we do, the solution will contain the digits '0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9'."

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Heh. This pic still cracks me up.

It shows they have chips and circuit boards. It doesn't show that they have the expertise to know what to do with them.

Those boards look nothing like the board on the website and as was mentioned, no traces going to the chips.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Thanks, but I think the regulars here are already out. There seems to be only one cheerleader left - he still own some.lol

It's not a bad idea to own a small small percent and treat it as a complete gamble because thats what it is. Just be prepared to see fall to IPO prices at least over the next several days. If they give a significant update or pay dividends it could rise but they'll have to do that before Oct 30th. I think if you got in at IPO you're fairly safe to stay in but if you got in at above 0.002 you can expect to lose money. People aren't going to pay much more than the IPO price.

The real question is why make investors wait all week for bad news? They could have announced the bad news at the beginning of the week and it would have been smarter because payday is Friday and some people would have boosted the price back up for a weekend recovery.
legendary
LABCOIN hashing rate for the 6 weeks to come:

Jump to: