Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 689. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I don't think Labcoin can be worth 10x the entire supply of Bitcoins.
well, they CAN, but they won't.

that number was from this thing they call humor.  You may have heard of it.
What happened? Not informed on this...

10btc? Wow you are bullish!! Can you elaborate some more on this projection? That would be x10,000 the IPO price!!

oh, just a notorious troll that gets butthurt whenever any security that's not on his exchange (99% of BTC securities are not) has a few good days.  He jumps in, calls them a scam, and stock prices soar.

It's the MPOE-PR effect.

I'll find the Wikipedia link...

(10 btc is a joke)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
 I think we'll see LC hit 10 btc, now.

Ok ok ok.

I think its time for the medication.

10btc per share equals a valuation of 100,000,000 Bitcoin.

I don't think Labcoin can be worth 10x the entire supply of Bitcoins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
well, you know when a company has a bit of credibility when MPOE-PR tries hopelessly to label you as a scam.

that was a serious boost to the shareholder confidence in Labcoin.

I agree 100%.  Right after his little post I thought "wow, didn't he show this same distaste towards asicminer at one point?"  This was the biggest signal for me, and I bought up a shitload..

I remember him saying AM shareholders wouldn't make any more profit way back in March/April. That was the trigger that made AM go nuts.

And now, today, he makes his scam statement.  I think we'll see LC hit 10 btc, now.

and just for the record, I think he's really good at running an exchange that has no securities.

10btc? Wow you are bullish!! Can you elaborate some more on this projection? That would be x10,000 the IPO price!!

LABCOINS MARKET CAP SHOULD BE 22 million BTC!!!
So guys when are the PCBs going to be ready?

Activity: 392
that's a market cap of over 10 billion dollars!
We have a new target ladies and gentleman!  We are now mining bitcoins, potash AND gold!... and buying lottery tickets!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
well, you know when a company has a bit of credibility when MPOE-PR tries hopelessly to label you as a scam.

I agree 100%.  Right after his little post I thought "wow, didn't he show this same distaste towards asicminer at one point?"  This was the biggest signal for me, and I bought up a shitload..

I remember him saying AM shareholders wouldn't make any more profit way back in March/April. That was the trigger that made AM go nuts.

And now, today, he makes his scam statement.  I think we'll see LC hit 10 btc, now.

and just for the record, I think he's really good at running an exchange that has no securities.

Sum of costs taken from sum of income is profit. Costs are easily controllable by not going with bleeding edge technology. Income is not easily controllable, but is dependant on the market, and the market wants hashrate regardless of the type of technology. If you can make a device that hashes faster NOW cheaper or at the same price as a "better technology" device 2 months from now, you will gain market share and therefore more profit. The key here is that the hash rate per chip is not as important as the cost of manufacturing that same hash rate with the cheapest method possible.

I don't think you're thinking clearly. Better technology is better because it's cheaper to manufacture (Per GH/s). Why else would people even use it?

The difference is the up-front cost. It might cost few hundred thousand dollars to design a 130nm chip, while costing about $2m to produce a 28nm chip.

But, the chips will cost (about?) the same per mm2 to manufacture.

You can't say all that matters is manufacturing cost, and then say that feature size doesn't matter, because manufacturing cost depends on feature size.  The smaller the feature size, the cheaper the chips per hash.

Now, the one catch with that may be the demand for 28nm fabs.  AMD and Nvidia and lots of other companies are all going to be wanting access to a limited number of wafer runs.  So the cost for 28nm might be slightly higher then other levels. So 40 or 65nm chips may be cost competitive.

And, of course, there's turn around time.  Bitcoin mining, unlike pretty much everything else, time to market is absolutely critical.  One month of delay can mean the difference between success and failure. That's where 130nm tech is superior at the moment.  Labcoin may pay for all of it's 130nm chips, plus profit in the month or two before 28nm chips flood the market.

And furthermore, the MFG price of the chips isn't that important, at this point.  Next year, though it will start to matter more.

Haha, agreed.

Activity: 280
Merit: 13
For the test run we opted for QFP packaging, 44 pin, no exposed heat pad, here is a small preview :

Did i miss something?

2)  Post simulations yielded positive results on a 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design.

The team is working on HDL optimizations to get 16 cores for chip.

Some math, quoted from the tech team
    "300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

"Power consumption per GHash is 12.8W/4.8G=2.7W/GHash"

"Estimated selling price for chip, 8-9 USD"

What does this mean ? i think it's not hard to get.  130nm process and 5GH speed at slightly higher power consumption, but competitive prices.

At what percentage of the estimated data do you want to test the chip? Remember, BFL missend their power goal with great success and bitfury was a little of the planned data.

12,8 W in a QFP-Package without heat pad?

What does this mean ? i think it's not hard to get. we'll have to call Ed Trice to construct a system that will prevent the chips from melting before mining a block
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
OMG DID YOU HEAR LABCOIN FAKED THE MOON LANDING!?

Damn you Ytterbium! You know what Labcoin "investors" are like!

Looks like we are going back down to 0.002!!
I will post more chip images, pictures of running miners, specs, documentation etc. as soon as it becomes available. I would also like to point out that the 'TheSwede' on bitbet.us is NOT me. I have made if clear before and I stick by the fact that I do NOT trade, bet or in any other way personally profit off any access to news or events regarding Labcoin. Doing so would in my opinion be unfair and dishonest. I also will not ever comment on development or share price etc. through personal messages or emails in any form.

No, you are not betting on it because you know it's a scam.

Your entire "asset" consists of Burnside pasting fake trades to create an illusion of interest, and that's all.

OMG DID YOU HEAR LABCOIN FAKED THE MOON LANDING!?

I'm sure we'll see a bubble pop any moment now:
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I just read Labcoin's miners will be USB. A plug and play miner will sell big time.

I don't think USB miners exclusively, but yeah, they plan to sell USB miners too.

Sorry, I meant USB connectable.
Oh... where did you get that?

http://labcoin.com/presentation.html#

"I/O interface : USB / Serial"
I just read Labcoin's miners will be USB. A plug and play miner will sell big time.

I don't think USB miners exclusively, but yeah, they plan to sell USB miners too.

Oh... where did you get that?

I just read Labcoin's miners will be USB connectable. A plug and play miner will sell big time.
Jump to: